Frank Mir telling it like it is with the Khabib/ Conor fight

Frank is dead on. Conor got taked down 4 x vs chad on 10 days. Chad has a great double and single..money..khabib will take conor down... Difference... Khabib wont let conor back uo and will employ the most viscous gnp in the lw division on him. Im sure the conor fanboys will be calling mir a bumb etc but he knows his shit.

giphy.gif

LOL, nice! More please! Preferably with ground and pound, supplex gifs.

LOL? That is a shameful attempt at trying to legitimize Khabib's win. Al fresh off selling homes for the past two years, and coming in on short-notice has beaten who exactly to give you such striking fear?

I mean Al is no slouch when you put him against a guy outside of the top 10, but to pretend he was ever a threat to Khabib is absolutely ludicrous.

Conor fans - Mendes 2 weeks camp while hunting doesnt count because he knew the fight might happen while Al who was scheduled on the card was selling house and not ready .

How Frank "The Mouth" Mir never caught on is baffling

I agree with Frank here but everything can happen in a fight. While i lean for Khabib, a lot of things can happen so it's better to wait and see what happens.

Conor fans - Mendes 2 weeks camp while hunting doesnt count because he knew the fight might happen while Al who was scheduled on the card was selling house and not ready .

Chad was in shape preparing for the fight. Myth!

Chad is also a supposed match-up nightmare. Having Conor tear his MCL and miss most of his camp and take the fight on short notice benefits him!

Frank is dead on. Conor got taked down 4 x vs chad on 10 days. Chad has a great double and single..money..khabib will take conor down... Difference... Khabib wont let conor back uo and will employ the most viscous gnp in the lw division on him. Im sure the conor fanboys will be calling mir a bumb etc but he knows his shit.
The short notice thing for Chad is so overplayed, dude is an elite wrestler and will be able to shoot great doubles until his knees are shot. He doesn't need a 12 week camp to train wrestling. Conor was training for Aldo, not a wrestler like Mendes. Also, Khabib doesn't shoot power doubles from distance, he has to close the distance and usually uses his striking to get to the clinch. He will be in range for Conor and he will get hit. Whether his chin can stand up to Conor's punches will be the deciding factor of the fight (because you're probably right, if Khabib gets Conor down he likely pounds him out.

Pretty fair and unbiased analysis if you ask me. I’m sure many Sherbros on here know more than Frank Mir though, so what does it really matter.

The short notice thing for Chad is so overplayed, dude is an elite wrestler and will be able to shoot great doubles until his knees are shot. He doesn't need a 12 week camp to train wrestling. Conor was training for Aldo, not a wrestler like Mendes. Also, Khabib doesn't shoot power doubles from distance, he has to close the distance and usually uses his striking to get to the clinch. He will be in range for Conor and he will get hit. Whether his chin can stand up to Conor's punches will be the deciding factor of the fight (because you're probably right, if Khabib gets Conor down he likely pounds him out.
The 10 day thing effected his carfio the most. He didnt have an issue getting conor down. Doing shots takes cardio away. Conor used a lot of body shots in the fight knowing chad had a small gas tank. Honestly conor did well vs chad... And yes conor may hit khabib, but franks point was... Thats the only way conor can win. We havent really seen khabib hurt in 26 fights.. His def is pretty good. He doesnt take a lot of shots that are clean. I think conor has to go for the quick ko, maybe even push for it, which may end up with him under khabib. I thinks its very likely khabib gets conor down based on all of khabibs fight and conor being taken down by lesser fighters. We shall see soon enough if they both make it to fight night, cant wait...its gonna be huge either way.

Probably a good wager but for some reason Frank has a track record of picking against Conor

Back