Frank please retire

Weights and my double is all I need for mma. Frank Murr your mine!

Hes one of those guys who wont let anyone talk him into retirement, and thinks people should fight as long as they want to, so this probably isn't even the bottom of the barrel, he will probably fight another 5 years.

Tapped to strikes? About as cringey as it gets.
And he was just talking shit on Fedor.

Mir still enjoys the beating against the fence lol

Did he seriously just lose to some guy that looks like hes not even the toughest guy at a backyard bbq? I mean , I've never even heard of this lalala guy, after googling him and looking at his record on wiki, i notice he has almost has as many loses as wins.

Embarrassing. Get out, Frank. Your not even 40 yet and this is how you perform? Go do something else.
The fall from being competive in the sport of MMA isn't a linear curve often. I saw a Facebook post from Frank the other day saying he couldn't lose because his kid was going to be there... unfortunately that's not going to win you fights.

Pulled this from the event summary here, as I didn't watch the fight. Sounds like he got pummeled and tapped to strikes... and his kid probably had front row seats for it.

Mir (18-13) had nowhere to go, and with the blood blinding him and pouring from his mouth, he elected to tap out. The end came officially at 4:30 of the second, giving Ayala the biggest win of his MMA career.
Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Mi...lator-MMA-Champion-147119#Do83SP86Iz4jt3D8.99

frank was beaten pretty bloody
not the best time for his 14-15 ? year old daughter to work as one of the corner man

Frank’s opponent threw a wild hook which connected on the chin and shot Mir’s mouthpiece out 6 feet. Looked like Mir verbally submitted and gestured his hand 3 seconds later. Fight over.

Mir retired after Hunt knocked him out.
That's why he's in Bellator.

Feed him to the Cop. Mirko will carve him up real nice like and deliver reel CTE blows. Nothing better than seeing Mir get KTFO.
After Mirko beats Nelson that might be the next guy on CC's revenge tour

Go to Rizen and fight a sumo for one last win and retire.

I posted this in another thread aswell but if you check Richard Hunters twitter he says Frank got an alveolar ridge fracture. He thought it was just his teeth but when he tried to pull them out so he could keep on fighting the pain became too much for him.

It looked pretty terrible.

Mir has always been too patient absorbing strikes, both on the cage and on the Matt... I think it’s his biggest tactical shortcoming.

Love Frank... I don’t care who he fights, I’m screaming for Mir.

He won’t be in the booth doing commentary for a while....

I’m pretty sure his teeth got knocked out after he lost his mouthpiece...

That’s why he tapped to strikes on his feet

I think he th6ought his jaw was broke when he sat down the ref told em to keep his mouth piece in and he didn't

No. He can recycle uber Mir, average Mir, and thin Mir a few more times to sell fights.

It was just a cut. Bellator is tougher than the UFC. Also, Chuck kills Mir at this point.
Lay off the crack pipe buddy. Chuck isn't beating anybody and UFC still has a better HW division.

Curious how Cheick Kongo's fighter IQ got smarter as he got older to be more of a grappler, slowing the pace, became more cautious, uses his leg kicks when at distance, and simply learned to not put himself in position to take minimal punches. While Frank Mir, who beat Cheick Kongo and can grapple, wants to stand and bang. Why did his fighter IQ not evolve?

In think in Franks mind, that is evolving...

Also... Frank hasn’t ever been the greatest in the cardio department even in his prime... I think he wants to try and end fights ASAP.. and feels he can knock guys out, which he can.. I’m sure he feels that if In a striking exchange, especially early in the fight... that if he gets in a scramble position/situation... he can lock on a quick sub as well...

I think he believes this strategy better suits him nowadays... which... i can’t argue with too much...

Lay off the crack pipe buddy. Chuck isn't beating anybody and UFC still has a better HW division.

Rubbish. "No weight cut" Chuck would beat the prison-raped version of Mir we saw yesterday. Also, UFC doesn't have the balls to have a HW tourney because they want to stage manage the results as much as possible. Ergo, Bellator is better than the UFC. Bellator has the consensus heavyweight goat. UFC has Cain "Mr Glass" Velasquez that fought the same two guys for a decade and last fought during WW2. Bellator has a stellar 155 division. UFC has a sore winner that attacks people in the crowd and an Irish plumber that would rather sell whiskey while pretending to be a boxer.

Mir should have another 3 to 4 fights to make sure he isn't done.

Mir is easier to corral against the fence than herd is.

He showed heart, but thought about dental bills and tapped..

Back