Frank please retire

In think in Franks mind, that is evolving...

Also... Frank hasn’t ever been the greatest in the cardio department even in his prime... I think he wants to try and end fights ASAP.. and feels he can knock guys out, which he can.. I’m sure he feels that if In a striking exchange, especially early in the fight... that if he gets in a scramble position/situation... he can lock on a quick sub as well...

I think he believes this strategy better suits him nowadays... which... i can’t argue with too much...
You can't argue with Frank Mir's strategy nowadays too much? Unbelievable that somehow you can view his very unsuccessful strategy nowadays and then post that you can't argue with it. Actual proof that people can see the actual results of facts and still stupidly want to keep trying that same unsuccessful thing expecting a different result. That is actually stupidity. Cheick Kongo, wised up, evolved his f8ghter IQ. Slow the fight down, not stupidly stand at range and try to stand and bang with another heavyweight and risk getting knocked out. Cheick Kongo became more of a grappler, and has been successful at it. Frank Mir should adopt that strategy. He actually displayed that strategy in the 1st round and it was successful. If he can't evolve his fighter IQ, he needs to retire.

Rubbish. "No weight cut" Chuck would beat the prison-raped version of Mir we saw yesterday. Also, UFC doesn't have the balls to have a HW tourney because they want to stage manage the results as much as possible. Ergo, Bellator is better than the UFC. Bellator has the consensus heavyweight goat. UFC has Cain "Mr Glass" Velasquez that fought the same two guys for a decade and last fought during WW2. Bellator has a stellar 155 division. UFC has a sore winner that attacks people in the crowd and an Irish plumber that would rather sell whiskey while pretending to be a boxer.

Mir should have another 3 to 4 fights to make sure he isn't done.
Dude the HW GOAT is over 40 and about to lose to a LHW.p
Rubbish. "No weight cut" Chuck would beat the prison-raped version of Mir we saw yesterday. Also, UFC doesn't have the balls to have a HW tourney because they want to stage manage the results as much as possible. Ergo, Bellator is better than the UFC. Bellator has the consensus heavyweight goat. UFC has Cain "Mr Glass" Velasquez that fought the same two guys for a decade and last fought during WW2. Bellator has a stellar 155 division. UFC has a sore winner that attacks people in the crowd and an Irish plumber that would rather sell whiskey while pretending to be a boxer.

Mir should have another 3 to 4 fights to make sure he isn't done.
Because having a tournament with old washed up guys and light heavyweights makes there division better.
It's 2018 and Fedor is not elite anymore.

Dude the HW GOAT is over 40 and about to lose to a LHW.p

Because having a tournament with old washed up guys and light heavyweights makes there division better.
It's 2018 and Fedor is not elite anymore.

Fedor is going to smoke Bader and make it look easy. They still don't want him in the UFC because he would make their cherished stars look like chumps.

Bellator is on the move and UFC is dying bro. Get on the right side of history.

Feed him to the Cop. Mirko will carve him up real nice like and deliver reel CTE blows. Nothing better than seeing Mir get KTFO.

Mir hasn’t been a legit win for somebody in 6 years. 2-8 in last 10.

Frank has a house and family, man. He's collecting pay checks win or lose. Same reason why Chuck came out of retirement.

Does Mir need the money?

I agree. This isn’t a young and hungry guy having a career resurgence after a bike accident. It’s an old, damaged fighter, who has shown that once you box him up against the fence, the fight is over.

That’s been the way to beat him for the last 10 years.

he's a fat mess. retire or take it seriously again.

You can't argue with Frank Mir's strategy nowadays too much? Unbelievable that somehow you can view his very unsuccessful strategy nowadays and then post that you can't argue with it. Actual proof that people can see the actual results of facts and still stupidly want to keep trying that same unsuccessful thing expecting a different result. That is actually stupidity. Cheick Kongo, wised up, evolved his f8ghter IQ. Slow the fight down, not stupidly stand at range and try to stand and bang with another heavyweight and risk getting knocked out. Cheick Kongo became more of a grappler, and has been successful at it. Frank Mir should adopt that strategy. He actually displayed that strategy in the 1st round and it was successful. If he can't evolve his fighter IQ, he needs to retire.

Look man... I was just giving some insight into why he keeps doing it...

On the flip side... it worked twice in a row in 2 recent fights, that not many folks were giving frank a chance of winning at the time.... Bigfoot and Duff Man... i think that those fights probably only cemented it in his head even more... So for as much proof as there is that it doesn’t work, there is just as much to prove it does work....

Also... do you think frank is going to become even a portion of what he was 7-8 years ago?? His cardio blows... he knows it, he wants to end fights in the first round.. not saying it’s smart.. only that in Franks mind... it’s the best course for him... and based off some high level, 1st/2nd round finishes... there is an argument for his thought process.

And I might think frank should call it quits... but that’s up to him and his family and trainers...

Jesus man... I didn’t come on trying to insult you... it was just a convo... you don’t need to try and belittle people to get a point across...

This is the only form of “social media” I have an account with... never had a MySpace back in the day, no Facebook or instagram or whatever the kids are using these days...

For many reasons, but one of them is that you can usually have a discussion about something we all presumably enjoy, without it deteriorating into insults and keyboard warrior trash talk...

Sure there’s clowns everywhere, including here... but for the most part, you can steer clear of the bs... we aren’t here to talk politics or religion or world views... it’s mma.. no need to be malicious to get your point across...

We’re just bs’ing about mma... not sure about you, but i have to assume part of the reason you and others comment here, is bc a lot of people don’t have friends that are at least somewhat knowledgeable about mma and want to have a debate /discussion with people that do... not sure why it turns into trying to talk down to others...

Anyway... have a good one.. im gunna move on to something else..

I was loving the fight. Frank is one of the toughest SOBs in the sport and he’s not quitting for anyone. He reminds me of Cool Hand Luke.

Also...
Frank could eat 50 eggs.

This is the only form of “social media” I have an account with... never had a MySpace back in the day, no Facebook or instagram or whatever the kids are using these days...

For many reasons, but one of them is that you can usually have a discussion about something we all presumably enjoy, without it deteriorating into insults and keyboard warrior trash talk...

Sure there’s clowns everywhere, including here... but for the most part, you can steer clear of the bs... we aren’t here to talk politics or religion or world views... it’s mma.. no need to be malicious to get your point across...

We’re just bs’ing about mma... not sure about you, but i have to assume part of the reason you and others comment here, is bc a lot of people don’t have friends that are at least somewhat knowledgeable about mma and want to have a debate /discussion with people that do... not sure why it turns into trying to talk down to others...

Anyway... have a good one.. im gunna move on to something else..
You actually have physical, tangible proof that Frank Mir's stand and bang strategy isn't working and hasn't been working and somehow you stated that you can't argue with his strategy. That is delusional thinking not to pay attention to actual facts. Trying the same thing over ans over again and expecting a different result is insanity. Do you want to see Frank Mir injured?

Did he seriously just lose to some guy that looks like hes not even the toughest guy at a backyard bbq? I mean , I've never even heard of this lalala guy, after googling him and looking at his record on wiki, i notice he has almost has as many loses as wins.

Embarrassing. Get out, Frank. Your not even 40 yet and this is how you perform? Go do something else.

You didn’t know UFC was moving to ESPN and you say “I don’t even know this guy” like that’s supposed to mean something

You actually have physical, tangible proof that Frank Mir's stand and bang strategy isn't working and hasn't been working and somehow you stated that you can't argue with his strategy. That is delusional thinking not to pay attention to actual facts. Trying the same thing over ans over again and expecting a different result is insanity. Do you want to see Frank Mir injured?

It’s a figure of speak... Jesus man...

And again, on the flip side, you have actual tangible proof that it DOES work... He isn’t going to win 100%’of his fights... his last two wins were first round KOs... point being, you can argue that it might be his best course at this point of his career....

It’s a figure of speak... Jesus man...

And again, on the flip side, you have actual tangible proof that it DOES work... He isn’t going to win 100%’of his fights... his last two wins were first round KOs... point being, you can argue that it might be his best course at this point of his career....
Frank Mir is 2-8 in his last 10 fights and you still believe standing and banging is his best option. That's unbelievable. Do you want to see Frank Mir get killed ? He doesn't have the chin, so slowing the pace and becoming a grinder and more of a grappler would expose him less to the possibility of taking those big shots. Slowing his pace would help him control his stamina better. And once Frank Mir is able to get his opponent on the ground, well, that opponent is in Frank Mir's world. We all can see he wants to fight some more, so why are you so against him fighting smarter?

Frank Mir is 2-8 in his last 10 fights and you still believe standing and banging is his best option. That's unbelievable. Do you want to see Frank Mir get killed ? He doesn't have the chin, so slowing the pace and becoming a grinder and more of a grappler would expose him less to the possibility of taking those big shots. Slowing his pace would help him control his stamina better. And once Frank Mir is able to get his opponent on the ground, well, that opponent is in Frank Mir's world. We all can see he wants to fight some more, so why are you so against him fighting smarter?

No not at all.... I agree he should probably look to get back to his roots more... But in order to do that... he has to then: Come into fights in much better shape, probably at least around 250’s... not 264 and having to get down 20+ pounds during camps.. Try to get his cardio to a point where he can engage in a 3 round grappling based fight...

As I said earlier, Frank has never, never been a cardio machin... I might go as far as saying he has a shit gas tank...

How many decisions has frank won? Or even survived to lose ?

Franks a finisher, always has been, always will be...

All I’m saying... If frank isn’t going to do the necessary things to get in proper shape to go 3 hard rounds in a grappling based fight... his next best option is to finish the fight ASAP...

Guys are harder to take down, harder to keep down, harder to submit, etc... and for sure, harder to out strike / KO... But he obviously feels that a quick KO or possible sub off a scramble is his best option.

We may have different opinions- But do you think he would have beat Bigfoot if he tried to slow the fight down, grapple exchange with him? Most likely, he would have tired and been beat to a pulp..

Duffy.?? Eeh maybe.. But he’s a good athlete that is fast and can counter and can stuff TDs.. if he does survive 1st round and a half... Frank is most likely a walking punching bag...

Just my thoughts... don’t necessarily agree with the tactic... But if this is the version of frank that steps into the cage... I can see where his head is at... thats all... and of course I don’t want to see him hurt...

Implying that my thoughts are less ethical or compassionate is not anyway to have a discussion.. or implying that I’m some “let me bang bro” mma fan...

It’s just a discussion man..

No not at all.... I agree he should probably look to get back to his roots more... But in order to do that... he has to then: Come into fights in much better shape, probably at least around 250’s... not 264 and having to get down 20+ pounds during camps.. Try to get his cardio to a point where he can engage in a 3 round grappling based fight...

As I said earlier, Frank has never, never been a cardio machin... I might go as far as saying he has a shit gas tank...

How many decisions has frank won? Or even survived to lose ?

Franks a finisher, always has been, always will be...

All I’m saying... If frank isn’t going to do the necessary things to get in proper shape to go 3 hard rounds in a grappling based fight... his next best option is to finish the fight ASAP...

Guys are harder to take down, harder to keep down, harder to submit, etc... and for sure, harder to out strike / KO... But he obviously feels that a quick KO or possible sub off a scramble is his best option.

We may have different opinions- But do you think he would have beat Bigfoot if he tried to slow the fight down, grapple exchange with him? Most likely, he would have tired and been beat to a pulp..

Duffy.?? Eeh maybe.. But he’s a good athlete that is fast and can counter and can stuff TDs.. if he does survive 1st round and a half... Frank is most likely a walking punching bag...

Just my thoughts... don’t necessarily agree with the tactic... But if this is the version of frank that steps into the cage... I can see where his head is at... thats all... and of course I don’t want to see him hurt...

Implying that my thoughts are less ethical or compassionate is not anyway to have a discussion.. or implying that I’m some “let me bang bro” mma fan...

It’s just a discussion man..
Okay I actually have always understood your statements. That's why I keep pointing out that Frank Mir's fighter IQ must evolve. You keep referring to he has never been a cardio machine and that Frank Mir is a quick finisher. You keep referring to what he was. Well, I'm stating Frank Mir isn't what he was and he needs to evolve. Stamina is solved by slowing the pace, stamina is solved by getting another heavyweight up against the cage and simply lean on him, have that opponent holding his weight. Stamina is solved by working for the takedown in those close quarters and taking his opponent down. Stamina is solved by doing a little ground and pound and keeping his weight on his opponent. That grinding style solves the exposing himself to taking big punches problem. He can still finish fights by taking his opponents down and doing some serious ground and pound. Or he can have his opponents simply know what's coming each round and they say to themselves, not this again and they wilt. Look at the look on Alexander Volkov face against Cheick Kongo in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. And look at the body language of Tony Johnson against Cheick Kongo in that 3rd round of their fight. Those opponents quit. Frank Mir needs to evolve his fighter IQ to get out of that mindset that he can go out there and get a quick knockout and exposing himself to taking punches to get that knockout. I really do admire Cheick Kongo for evolvin his fighter IQ like he has. Michael Chandler displayed fighter IQ against Brent Primus after Primus dropped him and had him in a RNC. After that Chandler was, yeah, this fight is staying on the ground. .

Back