Frankie Edgar believes he's still next for Max Holloway, eyes March booking

Give Frankie the shot because it was his originally and it times out well with Max's last fight and have Ortega ready as a backup if he pulls out again.

Edgar is 7-1 in his last 8 fights. Only lost to Aldo in the UFC 200.

Ortega is 6-0 all finishes. But he popped for roids, so....

How do you guys say "fuck cheaters" ?

Give it to Edgar, my man.
Frankie-Edgar-UFC-125-press.jpg
I almost forgot that testosterone city popped , I was leaning towards him fighting for the title mainly because Frankie has had so many title shots already I would like to see other guys get a shot but the fact Brian has popped before and that Frankie isn't getting any younger I say let them fight .

I almost forgot that testosterone city popped , I was leaning towards him fighting for the title mainly because Frankie has had so many title shots already I would like to see other guys get a shot but the fact Brian has popped before and that Frankie isn't getting any younger I say let them fight .
Exactly. Ortega said himself that he´ll wait.

Frankie is next in line.

This is probably his last title shot. Ortega is an infant, he has a whole career ahead of him.

Fuckin right Frankie is next
I agree he is next.

[Devils advocate]
He's on a two fight streak.
Has lost two championship fights in the division already (although not to Max).
Has lost his last 4 title fights.
Just had his face broken (*? I think. No source)
Cub lost his last title shot almost 9 years ago (also not to Max).
Was on a bigger streak (twice).
Ortega, is on a huge run of finishes.
Has no title shots.
Is undefeated.
Is possibly uninjured.
Would be ready as he just about fought same time as Max.

Frankie has deserved and deserves so much stuff in life. So do others. I wouldn't be pissed if someone else got a shot. And I would also be happy if he did.

Can people stop fucking crying about Edgar getting title shots, while the other top contenders can’t beat him then he will be ahead of them.

Painfully simple.

When you think about it, Holloway has done an Aldo-esque job of cleaning out the division save one challenger.

Here I think Edgar will play the role of McG to Holloway's Aldo except it will involve 5 rounds of 'rasslin' as opposed to one punch in 9 seconds.

Ortega should be fighting the guy that KO Lamas for the winner of Holloway vs Edgar

In most cases I would like injured fighters to move back down the line at least 1 spot.

Ortega should be fighting the guy that KO Lamas for the winner of Holloway vs Edgar

This is the correct scenario.
Dude is asking for the Ortega fight already.

And lol @ people pissed about Frankie getting another title shot.

He earns his shots. Deal with it.
Frankie is a legend in his own time.

I like Frankie but he does only have two wins over #8 and #9 since his last title shot. Given the number of title shots Frankie has gotten over the years I think giving someone new a shot is fair. Especially since if Edgar beats Holloway we end up with a rock, paper, scissors of Edgar, Holloway and Aldo which will clog up 145 for years. Let Ortega get the shot and put Edgar and Chan Sung Jung together, that should be fun although Edgar wins easily IMO.

Holloway-Edgar
Ortega - Emmet

Still lots of options for Holloway he isn't even close to clearing out the division

I just don’t see Holloway agreeing to fight so soon as March.
Maybe early summer is when it finally happens.

Edgar is going to beat Max I hear people saying here? Are you guys drinking the cool-Aid or do you jut not watch MMA?

I like Frankie but he does only have two wins over #8 and #9 since his last title shot. Given the number of title shots Frankie has gotten over the years I think giving someone new a shot is fair. Especially since if Edgar beats Holloway we end up with a rock, paper, scissors of Edgar, Holloway and Aldo which will clog up 145 for years. Let Ortega get the shot and put Edgar and Chan Sung Jung together, that should be fun although Edgar wins easily IMO.

I hear this but I think his last 2 wins aren't the only thing to go on here.
He has never lost to anyone at 145 not named Aldo.
His shot was already booked before the injury.
He is probably the only one @145 that can beat Max.
If Frankie wins you don't have to worry about Aldo beating him again.
The UFC isn't going to let Aldo near a title shot without winning at least a fight or 2 and i don't think Aldo has another run in him.
Matter of fact if Frankie wins and it's a good fight(which I'm sure it will be) then it's almost guaranteed there will be a rematch with Max anyway.

I hear this but I think his last 2 wins aren't the only thing to go on here.
He has never lost to anyone at 145 not named Aldo.
His shot was already booked before the injury.
He is probably the only one @145 that can beat Max.
If Frankie wins you don't have to worry about Aldo beating him again.
The UFC isn't going to let Aldo near a title shot without winning at least a fight or 2 and i don't think Aldo has another run in him.
Matter of fact if Frankie wins and it's a good fight(which I'm sure it will be) then it's almost guaranteed there will be a rematch with Max anyway.

That's fair, I'm not totally against Frankie getting a shot. I really don't think Holloway deserves an immediate re-match if Frankie wins though, he'd only have one defense and I hate that immediate rematch is almost the default position whenever a champ loses his belt.

This is the correct scenario.
Dude is asking for the Ortega fight already.

And lol @ people pissed about Frankie getting another title shot.

He earns his shots. Deal with it.
Frankie is a legend in his own time.
I totally agree, Edgar have rightfully earned his shot, also Max have beaten everybody but him, also not even Edgar got a shot by beating Cub lol

Edgar is going to beat Max I hear people saying here? Are you guys drinking the cool-Aid or do you jut not watch MMA?

Yes Frankie will beat Max.
What makes you think he won't ?

Let's look at all the wrestlers and grapplers that Frankie has taken down no problem.
Do yiu think Max has better TDD than them ?
Or will Max get taken down at will ?
Does Max hit like a truck which is what it would take to stop Frankie ?
Does Max have cardio that will outlast Frankie ?

Bottom line is that Max just doesn't have the tools to beat Frankie or even just defend the T Ds.
He gets taken down and beat up and there's nothing he can do to stop it.

Frankie will be the next 145 champ.

That's fair, I'm not totally against Frankie getting a shot. I really don't think Holloway deserves an immediate re-match if Frankie wins though, he'd only have one defense and I hate that immediate rematch is almost the default position whenever a champ loses his belt.
I hear that. I almost always prefer new blood over a rematch.
Max doesn't have a long title run bit he does have a long winning streak.
That combined with the fact that it will be a fun fight i think probably gets Max a rematch.

But even if he didn't I think that Emmet kid or Ortega could get the next shot.

I'd really like to see that fight. Ortega has a lot of hype behind him but I think Emmet is the spoiler here.

I hear that. I almost always prefer new blood over a rematch.
Max doesn't have a long title run bit he does have a long winning streak.
That combined with the fact that it will be a fun fight i think probably gets Max a rematch.

But even if he didn't I think that Emmet kid or Ortega could get the next shot.

I'd really like to see that fight. Ortega has a lot of hype behind him but I think Emmet is the spoiler here.

Maybe, he looks good, but Emmet has a loss from this year to an unranked fighter. He needs a couple more top 10 fights before I'm sold.

Back