Frankie is on a 2 fight winning streak since his last title shot..

Chitaouri

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
beating Jeremy stephens by decision, his only win in 2016 and finishing a non ranked yair, his only fight in 2017....

let that sink in for a minute.....

the guy had enough title shots, came up short time and time again.. no, he doesnt deserve a title shot over Ortega, who is on a devastating winning streak, finishing big names one after the other...

there shouldnt even be a debate

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Agreed.

He also fought only one guy for the title since 2012, and never lost to anyone beside him

Yair is currently 7th in the UFC and ranked 10th by some systems, but I agree Ortega deserves the title shot. I rather see new challengers getting a shot than the same two alternating.

Former LW champ is near the end of his career. He needs the shot sooner rather than later and he has earned it. Has a long career of great fights. Likely would beat Ortega too.

Yeah, Frankie is constantly on winning streaks, interrupted by failed title shots, LOL!

Former LW champ is near the end of his career. He needs the shot sooner rather than later and he has earned it. Has a long career of great fights. Likely would beat Ortega too.
so he deserves the shot cuz he is old?

i guess i just dont see frankie winning but stranger things have happened.

Him and Gus seem to have a never ending supply of unearned title shots

I can see argument on both sides though I feel Frankie deserves one last belt fight before he leaves his prime.

Frankie has had nine featherweight fights
Frankie's two losses at FW are to Aldo (both belt fights)
Frankie has four fights with Top 5 opponents at FW

Ortega has six fights with FW (one NC)
Ortega has one fight with a Top 5 opponent

Neither fighter has fought Lamas so one of them should fight Max. The other should perhaps fight Lamas.

beating Jeremy stephens by decision, his only win in 2016 and finishing a non ranked yair, his only fight in 2017....

let that sink in for a minute.....

the guy had enough title shots, came up short time and time again.. no, he doesnt deserve a title shot over Ortega, who is on a devastating winning streak, finishing big names one after the other...

there shouldnt even be a debate
Ortega just beat a guy that Frankie also finished............................

Sherdog wants him to have a sympathy title shot ahead of a serious contender in Ortega. Sympathy title shot to set him up as a potential Bisping champion. This is what Sherdog wants.

Ortega doesn't want the shot though, so looks like we'll get an honourary testimonial sympathy title shot for Frankie Edgar. Sad times.

so he deserves the shot cuz he is old?

i guess i just dont see frankie winning but stranger things have happened.

I guess the big question will be whether Frankie can take Max down.

For me it is actually more about not rushing Ortega into a title fight too quick and putting him on the path of losing his opportunity too quick. But I would like to see Max have Frankie on his resume along with Frankie having one last shot as well.

EDIT* Ooops fixed name issue.

Plus Max will walk over Frankie like It's nothing.

This is insanity.
Frankie beats anyone not named Aldo at 145.
Max gets taken down all night.
And Ortega gets his face punched all night.
Neither of them can finish Frankie or stop his TDs.

Frankie ain’t out striking Ortega with that reach. Frankie also ain’t out grappling Ortega. I like Frankie but Ortega is worst match up for him in the division.

Sherdog wants him to have a sympathy title shot ahead of a serious contender in Ortega. Sympathy title shot to set him up as a potential Bisping champion. This is what Sherdog wants.

Ortega doesn't want the shot though, so looks like we'll get an honourary testimonial sympathy title shot for Frankie Edgar. Sad times.

There is a big difference. Frankie is #2 contender behind Aldo and has beat two Top 5 opponents. Bisping was #7 contender and had never beat a Top 5 opponent in his career.

Frankie Edgar is a true pfp fighter and is/was damn good at his profession. He's the type of fighter that brings legitimacy to the organization. I was never a "huge" fan and always cheered for Aldo despite liking Edgar, but when it's all said and done that man has my respect.

Nah. Frankie is the no 1 contender. No disputing that.
Ortega has nothing for Frankie.
Watch The Frankie/do Bronx fight.
Frankie sub defense is ridiculous.

Frankie will TD max at will also.
Frankie is the next 145 champ.

Back