Frankie is on a 2 fight winning streak since his last title shot..

Frankie ain’t out striking Ortega with that reach. Frankie also ain’t out grappling Ortega. I like Frankie but Ortega is worst match up for him in the division.

<TrumpWrong1>
Frankie isn't outstriking Ortega because of his reach ?
Have you ever seen a Frankie fight ?
Did you see Frankies sub defense against do Bronx ?
Ortega has nothing for Frankie.

Edgar mopping floor with a rising young prospect Yair was huge though.

Losing past title shots isn’t a big hit on his status if he’s still winning afterwards esp if he’s only lost to Aldo via decision...twice

Ortega just beat a guy that Frankie also finished............................
As much as I love Cub, the guy is the epitome of gatekeeper at 145. losses to Aldo, Lamas, Mendes, Edgar, Max and now Ortega. A horrible accident would have to take place for him to get a title shot.

This is insanity.
Frankie beats anyone not named Aldo at 145.
Max gets taken down all night.
And Ortega gets his face punched all night.
Neither of them can finish Frankie or stop his TDs.

Max will finish Frankie within 3 rounds.

<TrumpWrong1>
Frankie isn't outstriking Ortega because of his reach ?
Have you ever seen a Frankie fight ?
Did you see Frankies sub defense against do Bronx ?
Ortega has nothing for Frankie.
Oh well we will probably find out if Frankie beats max which he has a better chance to win than Ortega.. Frankie has a better chance of a win against max by taking him down and winning a decision..

Oh well we will probably find out if Frankie beats max which he has a better chance to win than Ortega.. Frankie has a better chance of a win against max by taking him down and winning a decision..

I agree thats how Frankie beats Max.
Tds and GnP.
Maxs only advantage is height and reach but it won't be enough.

I think Frankie beats Ortega even easier though.
Frankie tools him on the feet and if it goes to the ground I expect it to go the same as frankie/do Bronx.

Frankies sub defense is just too good.

Frankie's paid a lot more dues. Ortega looks great, but he's just now getting into the deep end.

Jose just has Frankie's number. Doesn't mean Max does. I like the matchup.

I agree thats how Frankie beats Max.
Tds and GnP.
Maxs only advantage is height and reach but it won't be enough.

I think Frankie beats Ortega even easier though.
Frankie tools him on the feet and if it goes to the ground I expect it to go the same as frankie/do Bronx.

Frankies sub defense is just too good.
Holloway will hurt Frankie on the feet of Frankie stands with him long enough.. taking Holloway down won’t be easy but Frankie may be able to do it and win rounds... as slick as oliviera is on ground I believe Ortega’s jiu jitsu game is different level altogether and Frankie wouldn’t fair that well on ground with Ortega... Frankie’s boxing is good but he will loose to both Ortega and Holloway on feet...

so he deserves the shot cuz he is old?

i guess i just dont see frankie winning but stranger things have happened.

Neither do I but it's more intriguing than Ortega. I think Holloway just steam rolls Ortega. I want to see Frankie fight Holloway before it's pointless

C'mon. Finish him ?
How ?
Frankie has better boxing,wrestling and jj. Gas tank is just as deep as max also.

You think that until they fight and Max picks him apart and TKO's him. Frankie is too old and too shop worn. He's a great fighter, but Holloway is the new wave and he will beat Frankie just like he did Aldo.

Holloway will hurt Frankie on the feet of Frankie stands with him long enough.. taking Holloway down won’t be easy but Frankie may be able to do it and win rounds... as slick as oliviera is on ground I believe Ortega’s jiu jitsu game is different level altogether and Frankie wouldn’t fair that well on ground with Ortega... Frankie’s boxing is good but he will loose to both Ortega and Holloway on feet...

It will depend on if Frankie can successfully mix up the striking and TDs. I think he can.
If He can't then Max can give him problems on the feet with reach and controlling distance. Maybe catch Frankie with a knee while shooting for a TD.
I don't see how Ortega beats Frankie on the feet though. Ortega can catch Frankie in a choke but Frankie has some serious ground control and sub defense. I say he is able to take Ortega down but still stay safe enough to score some points. If he even needs to take him down.
On the feet I think Frankie tags Ortega.

You think that until they fight and Max picks him apart and TKO's him. Frankie is too old and too shop worn. He's a great fighter, but Holloway is the new wave and he will beat Frankie just like he did Aldo.

That can happen if Max stuffs Frankies TDs and tags him from a distance.
IF he can stuff Frankies TDs.
That's a big if.
I don't think Frankie is at the end just yet. I hope.

yair had platinum level hype going....
jeremy stephens is incredible hard to finish and he hops between divisions so he does not have an accurate ranking

HE GOOD TOMS RIVER IN THE HOUSE

Back