Free agents that could possibly compete on Liddell-Ortiz III undercard

GueseGuy

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
If we could come up with a list for De La Hoya to sign, who should he go after? Let’s try to make it realistic so no Bellator or ONE or KSW etc. guys who are in exclusive contracts. Also, fun fights have priority!

My first thought was to go to the Bjorn Bellator well and see if one of these guys is down for a comeback.

Georgi Karakhanyan is free I believe?

M’Pumbu? Rich Hale? Brian Rogers? Karl Amossou? Emanuel Newton? Marcin Held? Even Doug Marshall??

Maybe some recent UFC guys like Tom Lawlor? Grabowski? Or even do I dare say ... Sage Northcutt?

Looking at the list of currently available fighters who aren’t under exclusive contracts with UFC, Bellator, ONE, etc, it’s very clear to see that there are extremely slim pickings. Idk how De La Hoya plans to fill a decent card up with fighters but let’s hope there’s some fun fights he puts on. Chuck vs Tito is cool but it’s tough paying the PPV if it’s a bunch of randos on the rest of the card.

Tank Abbott, Ken Shamrock, Royce Gracie Don Frye, Dan Severn and Dada 5000

Even Doug Marshall??

Damn, there's a name I haven't heard in a while. Loved that dude.

Maybe if Diego loses his next fight and gets cut we can get him vs Leonard Garcia.

Last edited:
Either Shamrock brother will provably be on it. Wouldn’t be surprised if Randy gets into the ring/cage to challenge winner of Tito-Chuck. Overall very sad feels.

Tibau and Lawlor look like they will be on the card.

Good luck getting people to buy that PPV, not exactly bringing the goods.

Either Shamrock brother will provably be on it. Wouldn’t be surprised if Randy gets into the ring/cage to challenge winner of Tito-Chuck. Overall very sad feels.
No way Frank is on that card unless he offers him serious money.

Josh Barnett vs. Pedro Rizzo 3

Gabi Garcia vs an American grandmother

Frank is not going to be there. But I can see Shamrock vs Severn happening

I could see Sage getting some cash thrown at him to be co-main event, he only real name value fight let they could pursue right now

Putting money that Paul buentello will be part of this.....

I think we'll got a lot of over hill or never was/regional fighters. I don't think the money is going to be there to go get someone like Josh that might want 250K-350K to fight.

Back