Free speech debate. Dyson vs. Jordan Peterson

Richmma80

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Thought this was a good debate between 4 people. 2 on the pro side of free speech vs 2 on the con side

I've seen a lot of rabid leftists now calling Stephen Fry a Nazi and alt-right. They did the same with Ricky Gervais because he defended the Nazi pug guy. These idiots will never get it.

I find Dyson too insufferable to listen to, can't watch this.

Dyson is an even bigger faux-intellectual can than Peterson. He wins the word-salad tossing contest.

Dyson is an even bigger faux-intellectual can than Peterson. He wins the word-salad tossing contest.
Dear Jesus, please make "Word Salad Tossing" a Wheel of Fortune 'Before & After' puzzle.

Michael Eric Dyson is an expert at speaking quite alot, while managing to not say anything of substance or value.

Pseudo intellectual who somehow bullshitted his way onto the stage with Professor Jordan Peterson and Stephen Fry.

Thankfully, Mr. Dyson's blatant and unapologetic racism directed at Professor Peterson will exclude him from serious consideration on the part of objective viewers in the future.

Damn white men trouncing those minorities like that....how racist and sexist!

And what exactly is JP wrong on? Since he is such a faux intellectual?
How about you start posting some vids of him and giving a timestamp of what he is wrong about?

I mean, please educate us. It is worth your effort. Don't worry you will not get TOTALLY FUCKING EMBARRASSED by me if you do it. I promise to be good.

What does this have to do with vacuum cleaners?

Last edited:
I liked what Peterson had to say about either fundamentally identifying as an individual or as a member of a group.

Dyson made a good point about being viewed as a member of a group whether he liked it or not.

Old chap summed it up nicely by simply saying he doesn't believe political correctness works.

I liked what Peterson had to say about either fundamentally identifying as an individual or as a member of a group.

Dyson made a good point about being viewed as a member of a group whether he liked it or not.

Old chap summed it up nicely by simply saying he doesn't believe political correctness works.

Important to note though, that Peterson acknowledges that there are group identities. It's more a matter of what the precedent should be in terms of an overarching philosophy. Do we place the individual above the group, or do we place the group above the individual.

Instantiating a collectivist or individualist philosophy (including legislatively) leads to different things.

Important to note though, that Peterson acknowledges that there are group identities. It's more a matter of what the precedent should be in terms of an overarching philosophy. Do we place the individual above the group, or do we place the group above the individual.

Instantiating a collectivist or individualist philosophy (including legislatively) leads to different things.

For sure. Although I'd say it this way. "Do I place the individual above the group, or do I place the group above the individual." :cool:

For sure. Although I'd say it this way. "Do I place the individual above the group, or do I place the group above the individual." :cool:

"Should we collectively adopt an individualist philosophy" does sound kind of funny :D

Loved old chap's crack about the topic at hand not getting debated. The left ducked every question in favor of painting victimhood on their part and ignorance to that fact on the part of others.

"Should we collectively adopt an individualist philosophy" does sound kind of funny :D

You're right in that we have to do it. But that attitude of ordering our interactions on that philosophy/principle has to come from most of us identifying first and foremost and an individual.

You're right in that we have to do it. But that attitude of ordering our interactions on that philosophy/principle has to come from most of us identifying first and foremost and an individual.

Yeah it's an underlying value system / philosophy. A society that doesn't value individualism relative to group identity will end up instantiating collectivism in their systems, or at the very least be far more susceptible to interests that would want to do so.

I like how Dyson uses every $20 word he can think of and then peppers in some Ebonics to desperately prove to everyone that he's still black.

If you were able to actually derive something useful from Mr. Dyson's nearly incomprehensible babbling word-salad, you're a better man than I.

At one point, it was plain to anyone listening to this debate that Mr. Dyson was simply trying to use big words to make himself sound smarter than he is.

If you were able to actually derive something useful from Mr. Dyson's nearly incomprehensible babbling word-salad, you're a better man than I.

At one point, it was plain to anyone listening to this debate that Mr. Dyson was simply trying to use big words to make himself sound smarter than he is.

It was a good point at at the time. I didn't say he went anywhere with it.

I like how Dyson uses every $20 word he can think of and then peppers in some Ebonics to desperately prove to everyone that he's still black.

I wasn’t too familiar with him before this but quickly made the same observation. It’s not hard to process the strategy either. The actual substance of his thinking is extraordinarily thin. Push come to shove I imagine most liberals would even agree with this. But by constantly reminding everyone of his racial status he can avoid a lot criticism from liberals who are desparate to avoid being seen as racist.

Back