Free WoW weekend until 6/24 for returning players

Count Zero

Demonologist
@red
Reaction score
World of Warcraft is having a free weekend until 6/24/18 for returning players.

Also having a big sale on character services, and I think a big discount (as in, 100%) on current expansions if you pre-order the new one:

Surprised WoW is still a thing with all the free MMOs out there. Wish the playerbase would dry up so Blizzard can move on to making better games.

Stumbled upon this yesterday evening after unpacking from moving and hooking my PC up, not too bad. Having a bit of fun but can't figure my addons out ffs lol. Curse was bought by Twitch and I'm up shits creek trying to sort it out. Ah well, free fun still.

Stumbled upon this yesterday evening after unpacking from moving and hooking my PC up, not too bad. Having a bit of fun but can't figure my addons out ffs lol. Curse was bought by Twitch and I'm up shits creek trying to sort it out. Ah well, free fun still.
I came back after a long break as well. I ended up just going with the ELVUI pack. It contained everything I wanted except healbot
RCtR1nd.jpg

@jefferz Nice1 dude. Was aiming to dl that but I literally can't figure out how to download, or rather update my addons. Used to have the curse client but since Twitch bought/took over curse it's all changed. I'm all about healing so I'm running with the default ffs lol

I came back after a long break as well. I ended up just going with the ELVUI pack. It contained everything I wanted except healbot
RCtR1nd.jpg

There is a healbot available but I couldn't figure out how to use it on my Monk

There is a healbot available but I couldn't figure out how to use it on my Monk
/hb to bring up the healbot menu. I’m not at my desk but iirc the second tab is where you assign your spells.

It didn't help that it was also the first time I had ever played a healer. Right now I'm switching between a 2.3k rated DK, a 2k rated Rogue, a 1.5k rated warrior and a 480 rated monk lmao.

God I wish I was 13 again to play this for hours on end.

Surprised WoW is still a thing with all the free MMOs out there. Wish the playerbase would dry up so Blizzard can move on to making better games.

The thing with MMOs is that they all suck but tend to develop communities within them that keep people coming back just to be with their friends.

WoW will probably be online for the next 50 years. It has been the most successful MMO of all time by several degrees of magnitude and those friendships aren't going to just stop.

The thing with MMOs is that they all suck but tend to develop communities within them that keep people coming back just to be with their friends.

WoW will probably be online for the next 50 years. It has been the most successful MMO of all time by several degrees of magnitude and those friendships aren't going to just stop.

It's a shame because Blizzard made some of the best games I've ever played and then WoW came in and took up half their resources. A huge moneymaker, but not what I'd call quality content.

It's a shame because Blizzard made some of the best games I've ever played and then WoW came in and took up half their resources. A huge moneymaker, but not what I'd call quality content.

I don't think Blizzard-Activision behemoth is using their best resources on WoW DLC.

That's just a money printing machine for them.

There was a time that WoW was probably pulling important resources from them, but that was also probably 10 years ago. They've had plenty of success since then.

Overwatch??

Free weekend's over but the pre-patch for the expansion should hit within the next couple/few weeks, that's another great time to come back

Ultima Online is still around so I suspect WOW will outlive us all

Blizzard is already preparing to move on from WoW with their new diablo IP which is rumored to be an MMO. WoW isn't lasting 50 years gtfo with that shit lmfao. I'd say theres 2-3 X-Pacs left considering they're heading towards facing the old gods which is the end. Plus, its already terribly outdated and PvP is dead as fuck.

They're the only gaming studio that I actually like, I can blindly buy anything that they make and feel comfortable that it won't be shit.

Back