Freestyle World Champ Frank Chamizo Moving to NYC

Why wouldn't Frank Chamizo use what's applicable in MMA if he fought in MMA? I don't know about wrestling technique but he seems to be a creative flowing grappler rather a schematic one.
That’s my point, it could easily flow into it

What allows Chamizo pull of a lot of the crazy looking stuff?

What allows Chamizo pull of a lot of the crazy looking stuff?
The usual athletic traits, kinesthetic awareness, hips etc. and he does hit flashy stuff as well. But he’s more than able to slow down and go with a basic series out of his lefty underhook and others”basic” stuff. But the simple fact is that he can hit the crazy stuff because his technique and timing is that good.

chamizo is a high risk trapper. his style works well in wrestling matches, less so when somebody is punching him in the face. a more traditional wrestler would transition better into mma.

Every time people on the internets and mma training idiots at our gym try to predict that someones BJJ won't translate to MMA they are 100% wrong.
Seeing what Chamizo can pull of against elite wrestlers it would be terrifying what he would do against MMA fighters.

chamizo is a high risk trapper. his style works well in wrestling matches, less so when somebody is punching him in the face. a more traditional wrestler would transition better into mma.
People said the same dumb things about Askrens wrestling. They were clearly wrong, turns out being good at wrestling is the major thing.

I’m genuinely curious why you think you are such an “expert” after only a few months actually doing it? I know you won’t answer but still curious

Every time people on the internets and mma training idiots at our gym try to predict that someones BJJ won't translate to MMA they are 100% wrong.
Seeing what Chamizo can pull of against elite wrestlers it would be terrifying what he would do against MMA fighters.

a lot of people said the same thing about Marcelo Garcia and they were right. He got destroyed by an F-level korean fighter.

a lot of people said the same thing about Marcelo Garcia and they were right. He got destroyed by an F-level korean fighter.
He had one fight and he actually did rather well for a good chunk of the fight

Back