Frias Zahabi breaking down why banning kicks to the knee is stupid

It should be banned, fucking dirty "technique".

That's a pretty shit argument. It's more like you're playing rock paper scissors, and someone uses Bowie knife. It's not disallowing a legit technique - it's banning one that should have been banned to begin with.

LMFAO @ everybody here thinking Kicks to the Knee is MMA's Nuclear bomb or some shit.

It's not.....It can be countered....It's not an instant injury move.

Anybody who wants to restrict MMA even more, should GTFO of this sport...In fact we should bring soccer kicks/stomps back...I want this sport to be even more pure.

Frias is right....Wonderboy should stop crying and adapt.

Longo was saying the same thing on the last Anik and Florian podcast

Which YES, I listen to, ok?

My internet went out this afternoon, so I went outside to flick ants into ant lion cones

So fucking fun
antlion1.gif

antlion-trap.gif

Little monsters

firas and his fighters would be the first ones to cry if something happened to their top fighters

Where are all the injuries from those kicks though? Yoel ate a fuckton of those kicks in his last fight against Whitaker and his leg is fine. There are more fighters injuring their leg kicking shit. So lets ban leg kicks

I really don't think that, statistically, there are more fighters suffering major injuries from "kicking shit" than from being targeted by oblique kicks.

Every fighter who is gouged in the eye doesn't suffer an eye injury, but it does happen. Is this any more or less a legitimate strike than an oblique kick?

It is all obviously debatable. Any strike that lands is meant to cause some form of injury. Obviously it is a contentious issue. The issue is that certain strikes (such as eye gouges) are almost inarguably meant to do nothing more than inflict a specific injury which can permanently end a fighter's career and are otherwise not really a substantial technique, and in the interest of the longevity of competitors' health they need to be scrutinized.

He has high level credentials in BJJ wrestling and striking, I think he’s competed in all of them individually.

If there’s a coach in sports you are going to make that argument against it’s not him.

nah a good guy not to make that argument against would be duane ludwig, since he has actually competed in mma

firas is a great guy to make the argument against because as i said, he has never competed in mma. so fuck that guy

like i'm gonna take advice on making my dinner from a guy who has never made a meal in his life. "oh but i think about making meals a lot", lol cool story firas

his big speech on somatotyping was hilarious as well, as if he thinks there is some rule in nature that governs peoples physiques. bunch of 1940s broscience, was really shocked to hear him go on about that.

If they want fighters to fight and not get injured they need to get rid if usada not kicks

Have you had an MMA fight?

im gonna prove my own point by saying that ive done wrestling, tae kwon do, and boxing, putting me at least on an even footing with firas here. its 50/50 bruh, you can go along with whichever one you think is an authority here. however, i'm with wonderboy, the mma fighter

nah a good guy not to make that argument against would be duane ludwig, since he has actually competed in mma

firas is a great guy to make the argument against because as i said, he has never competed in mma. so fuck that guy

like i'm gonna take advice on making my dinner from a guy who has never made a meal in his life. "oh but i think about making meals a lot", lol cool story firas

his big speech on somatotyping was hilarious as well, as if he thinks there is some rule in nature that governs peoples physiques. bunch of 1940s broscience, was really shocked to hear him go on about that.

He’s more experienced than Greg Jackson for example.

Also Firas is a BJJ black belt whereas Ludwig obviously isn’t.

Are you saying BJJ blackbelts are automatically submissive to mma fighters?

wonderboy shouldnt have mentioned anything everyones gonna go straight after his knees now

im gonna prove my own point by saying that ive done wrestling, tae kwon do, and boxing, putting me at least on an even footing with firas here. its 50/50 bruh, you can go along with whichever one you think is an authority here. however, i'm with wonderboy, the mma fighter
So no. Lolllll

Some techniques are banned because of the injuries they can cause.
12-6 elbow, kicking a downed opponent, Groin strike, attacks to the eye or spine. Back of the head. It's a sport not a street brawl.
There's a huge argument to banning the knee kick. It's a sneaky move to injure your opponent rather than "beat" him.

The 12-6 elbow isn’t all that much more dangerous than any other kind of elbow.

It also is a silly definition, because an almost identical elbow, 11:30-5:30, or 12:30 to 6:30, is allowed.

Don't know where I remember if from, but seems to me at one point it was considered illegal to strike the joint directly. Striking above or below was fine but the knee itself was not. I am almost certain it was even mentioned during a PPV by Joe. No idea of its legitimacy rule wise then to now either.

That said, if its legal its legal, learn to defend or fall prey.

giphy_s.gif

Back