Friend of mine screwed over by divorce

Lvnvmma

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A co-worker and a friend of mine is going through divorce. I've known him and his wife for quite awhile. His wife cannot hold a job for more than a month. She quits because every job is too hard for her. She's had so many and I am not exaggerating how many jobs she has had. He pays for the mortgage, bills, everything. She basically pays for nothing. He has to lease her a car because she wants drive a new car every 2 years. Whatever little money she gets from her paycheck when she has a job, she spends on herself.

They have a house. They have to sell the house, so that she gets half of the equity. She never put anything towards the mortgage. He has to give her half of his 401k, of course she hasn't put in a penny towards it. My friend is 60 years old. It's too late for him to start over. He's screwed big time. I think the problem was that there was too much of an age gap. She's around 20 years younger than him. She was a Mexican illegal immigrant and he jumped through hoops to get her citizenship.

What can a person do in a situation like this? When you're getting up there in years, it's way too late to start over, you lose your house, you lose your 401k, you have to move to an apartment or rent a house.

You can not get into a situation like this.

Sounds like all the warning signs were there.

Better call Saul...

She's around 20 years younger than him. She was a Mexican illegal immigrant and he jumped through hoops to get her citizenship.
Damn, no way anyone could have predicted this divorce.

I wouldn't say it's too late, it all depends on him and how well he has kept himself, physically.

I don't think there's much he can do, other than ran away to another country if possible with all the money. I find it disgusting that she gets half, and if she had even just a little bit of dignity she shouldn't take anything, but then again sounds like she married a naive guy for papers, with the intention of filling a divorce eventually.

Equal partnership. If your partner is not living up to that, it’s your prerogative to fix it. He should have gotten out of that situation or relationship long ago. Take personal accountability for your/his portion of the blame. He let himself be walked all over, its hard to feel bad for him.

Fighting it will end up costing him more in the long run typically.

Only solution is not to get married.

It is his own damn fault for marrying a unless woman like that. Why would you even consider marrying someone with expensive tastes who can't even hold down a job and help pay her own way. Dudes let pussy hypnotize them into the stupidest decisions.

You have one life to live, and this is how it ends.

The only good thing that can come out of this is that we all know she'll be broke in no time and the older you are, the harder it is to fool guys with that old pussy.

Pussy, a n****z quickest downfall - Scarface of the Geto Boys

Marriage is a fools game. All my coworkers pensions are going to their ex wives. One guy lost his ranch in the divorce but got the horses and the bitch wouldn't let him keep them there. So he became homeless with two horses.

giphy.gif

Tale as old as time...just learn to live on next to nothing, drive beaters and live in shit holes in guess

Back