Friendly Challenge from a Co-Worker

Lol. You know he is going to come at you with the strength and craziness of one-thousand spazzes.

1. ride out the initial storm.
2. Unleash hell

I say tap him a couple of times but I would recommend tight intense pressure. Shoulder of justice and a compressing high mount. Just treat him like Vagner Rocha treats his opponents. Cover his mouth, elbows to the throat and cheek. You know mean Jiu Jitsu like we used to do in the early 00’s. Don’t just beat him, destroy his soul.

Edit: Do not let him quit due to “cardio”. Fuck that keep riding that shit until he pukes.

I have similar thoughts, except for riding out the initial storm. A young spaz isn't the danger.

jgZ.gif

I have similar thoughts, except for riding out the initial storm. A young spaz isn't the danger.

jgZ.gif
I’m serious about not letting him quit. Do not under any circumstance let him quit due to “cardio”. Make him go the entire round.

Seriously, snatch down to front head lock to whatever you feel like..

Lol. You know he is going to come at you with the strength and craziness of one-thousand spazzes.

1. ride out the initial storm.
2. Unleash hell

I say tap him a couple of times but I would recommend tight intense pressure. Shoulder of justice and a compressing high mount. Just treat him like Vagner Rocha treats his opponents. Cover his mouth, elbows to the throat and cheek. You know mean Jiu Jitsu like we used to do in the early 00’s. Don’t just beat him, destroy his soul.

Edit: Do not let him quit due to “cardio”. Fuck that keep riding that shit until he pukes.

Wristlock him in the first 3 seconds?
JK I know that's against the rules. Dance around and stick out your tongue, then try to drive him out of bounds?

It's a grappling match against a non grappler in a controlled environment. Why don't I have an Excel competition against a CPA in his office?

Anyway, pull half guard, take his back, come back around on top and knee on belly to soften him up. I think it's better to take charge like that instead of "riding the initial storm." YOU be the storm

It's a grappling match against a non grappler in a controlled environment. Why don't I have an Excel competition against a CPA in his office?

Anyway, pull half guard, take his back, come back around on top and knee on belly to soften him up. I think it's better to take charge like that instead of "riding the initial storm." YOU be the storm
That's what I think , attack is the best defence , unleash the hell and watch him crumble:)

A week away! Looking forward to seeing the video! I think you should rope-a-dope him. Let him think he’s making progress to tapping you, then shut him down, and tap him. Rinse. Repeat.

Looking forward to this. Sounds fun! Good luck.

Can't wait to see how this works out for him, im only a white belt with almost a years experience 47 years young.
I think id tap anyone out i work with maybe im deluded :-D

TS are you going to go live with this? Cmonnnnnnn

If we don’t get a video, I vote to ban this guy. Lol.

After rolling with a bunch of pretty big beginners in the last weeks, mostly no-gi, I've come again to the conclusion that armdrags and underhooks should be super effective in your case. People with so little experience usually misplace their arms so bad that if you actively look for it a backtake is almost always there for you to grab.

(then go for what you are more comfortable with, I saw this thread top again and just needed to write it!)

After rolling with a bunch of pretty big beginners in the last weeks, mostly no-gi, I've come again to the conclusion that armdrags and underhooks should be super effective in your case. People with so little experience usually misplace their arms so bad that if you actively look for it a backtake is almost always there for you to grab.

(then go for what you are more comfortable with, I saw this thread top again and just needed to write it!)

This is solid

It reminds me that one of the first day one lessons I offer during live rolls is to not cross the arms across the body in top guard. Everyone does it, trying to put weight on the arm and give pressure. Hips to the side and boom, back take.

na mate im a big fella so i really dont think id have a problem and im 1 of the strongest if not the strongest :)

So basically not cuz of your bjj at all lol ok I could see that. Probably don’t work with young in shape guys either but trust me it’s not your white belt level bjj that making you unbeatable

You should see all the guys i work with :-D to be fair id beat them without bjj :-D

Back