Froch vs Ward in a small ring

Ward is just so much quicker than Froch & throws quick straights down the middle inside of Froch's looping hooks...plus Ward is a lot tougher than he is given credit for. Froch uses his strength and power to bully fighters but he can't do that against Ward.

If Ward had power he'd be the best ever IMO

I like Froch and never really cared much for Ward but Ward schooled him and even Froch agreed. I don't think Froch has a style to beat Ward. He's too slow and awkward.

Ward with one arm slithered around Froch throughout, even on the inside. If the ring was smaller, it wouldn't matter.

Whyd we bump a 4 year old thread is the real question lol.

Ward beats Froch anywhere.

Froch has contributed more drama, excitement, inspriation, damage, guts, heart, chin than Ward or just about any recent fighter.

When we sit back smoking our pipes in 10 years time, its Froch we'll be talking about. Not Ward.

This post didn't age well.

Ward was either way out or way up close, smothering Froch. I think TS might be acknowledging that Froch can wear a guy down especially when he can settle in and catch his rhythm. Ward potshotted for points or was right up against him where Froch isn't any good. Froch has a good punch selection but he's better than Ward at mid range, which is exactly where Ward didn't let the fight happen.

I like Froch and never really cared much for Ward but Ward schooled him and even Froch agreed. I don't think Froch has a style to beat Ward. He's too slow and awkward.

When did Froch ever agree that? Everytime hes mentioned Ward on tv its to tell people hes a dirty fighter etc

When did Froch ever agree that? Everytime hes mentioned Ward on tv its to tell people hes a dirty fighter etc
When they were talking of a rematch Froch said he couldnt beat him.

In another interview he also said Ward wouldnt be beaten.

Only later on did Froch start talking shit.

I think he will eventually get to that level where he is unbeaten and is pretty much unbeatable, so people will back the likes of Kovalev or Golovkin to hope that Ward gets beaten. But I don’t think he ever will be,” said Froch.

He's a very, very good fighter and he beat me fair and square, he outpointed me. But he's messy, he's up close, he's awkward. He really is a bit of a spoiler. He's not somebody I'd be excited about getting in the ring with.

http://en.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/313073.html

When they were talking of a rematch Froch said he couldnt beat him.

In another interview he also said Ward wouldnt be beaten.

Honestly didnt know that, everytime I've seen Froch on TV its been shittalking Ward!

He said right out that Ward outboxed him and even said so when asked about a rematch. He said he didn't want it because Ward would outbox him again. There was a little of that "he don't stand and bang" feeling to it but he was truthful.

Froch said he wanted another crack at ward, and he said he was dirty. He also said he was outboxed and that he was the better fighter.

It’s a totally different reaction to Floyd schooling Pac-Man and manny saying he thought he won, for example. Carl is a proud man and I genuinely think that just after the jones fight Carl believed he would knock calzaghe out. But he also showed major respect to Kessler. He knew ward was better, just fancied a chance to land his best shot.

Last edited:
Who would win?
It was evident yesterday that Groves couldn't run away from Froch in that small ring. Imagine Ward having to stand toe to toe with Froch. I got Froch by KO
Ward won the inside war vs Kovalev.

Froch is a top tier fighter. Ward is an atg fighter, fight it in any ring you want and ward wins.

I hope so mcuh that the fight doesn't happen it's completely pointless. Have you even seen the first fight? Ward didn't move he went right at Froch, smothered him and beat him on the inside a smaller ring won't make much of a difference and I can guarantee you that Ward will get the ring he wants vs Froch
And Ward is better now than he was the first time he beat him.

Froch has contributed more drama, excitement, inspriation, damage, guts, heart, chin than Ward or just about any recent fighter.

When we sit back smoking our pipes in 10 years time, its Froch we'll be talking about. Not Ward.
It won't

Back