From may 20, 2006 to dec 12, 2015. Nearly a DECADE undefeated in the toughest sport on the planet

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
From may 20, 2006 to december 12, 2015. Nearly a DECADE undefeated in the toughest sport on the planet!
Was considered pfp best fighter. One of the true goats of the sport.
1414123247-tumblr_ndrx26BrxN1r4c1k8o4_500.jpg

A real defending champion with 9 consecutive title defenses in the toughest org in the world.
2014 FOTY winner.

Bounced back after a terrible loss to become champion of the world again by dominating one of the toughest guys in the sport.... for the second time.
Jos%C3%A9-Aldo-Frankie-Edgar.jpg

We will always be fans. Thanks Aldo, for such a great reign!! I hope you have fun in your last few fights in the UFC.

It is a shame because nost Sherdoggers now think Also is a can.

Think of how bad ass a guy would have to be to beat that guy.. in 13 seconds no less

Think of how bad ass a guy would have to be to beat that guy.. in 13 seconds no less
That was a nice ko. Too bad he didn´t go a decade undefeated after that. In fact he lost his very next fight against a guy on short notice who was on vacation drinking tequila and tkoed him on the feet, turned him into a panic wrestler and choked him the fuck out..... and then he was barely able to squeak out a decision after running away for 5 rounds after being gifted an immediate rematch.

Last edited:
Aldo is an all time great. But people will always remember the 13 second KO whenever hes brought up.

Yeah. Newer fans see Aldo as the guy that got knocked out in 13 seconds by Conor. It’s a shame really. I was never a big Aldo fan, but he really is one of the GOAT’s and has the most GODLY takedown defense I’ve ever seen.

At one time there was no doubt Aldo could have held the lightweight and featherweight belts at the same time.

Last edited:
Aldo is an all time great. But people will always remember the 13 second KO whenever hes brought up.
But the smarter fans will remember he stayed undefeated for nearly a decaded and had 9 consecutive defenses.

From may 20, 2006 to december 12, 2015. Nearly a DECADE undefeated in the toughest sport on the planet!
Was considered pfp best fighter. One of the true goats of the sport.
1414123247-tumblr_ndrx26BrxN1r4c1k8o4_500.jpg

A real defending champion with 9 consecutive title defenses in the toughest org in the world.
2014 FOTY winner.

Bounced back after a terrible loss to become champion of the world again by dominating one of the toughest guys in the sport.... for the second time.
Jos%C3%A9-Aldo-Frankie-Edgar.jpg

We will always be fans. Thanks Aldo, for such a great reign!! I hope you have fun in your last few fights in the UFC.

I been an Aldo fan since he won his title off Mike Brown. Sucks to see him brutally stopped over and over again. Hopefully he can retire and have a good life.

Aldo is also the first champion to receive his belt via,.....Fed-Ex Brasil.

Khabib or Tony will be the second.

WEC Aldo never came to the UFC
What we got was the decisionator.

His fights in the WEC were incredible too. He fought the toughest guys of his days and they didn't have a prayer. Hell of a feat to stay on top that long amongst the cream of the crop. Most every fighter is going to eventually fall, and unfortunately too many fans focus on that. As this sport ages, Jose will be remembered fondly as he should be.

So far no gif of Aldo vs Conor, maybe I am too cynical and Sherdog is actually growing up a bit.

WEC Aldo never came to the UFC
What we got was the decisionator.
In all fairness champions who finish constantly are usually fighting weak competition. Most fighters finishing rates go down when they reign for a long time. Look at the names he fought in WEC vs the UFC.

That was a nice ko. Too bad he didn´t go a decade undefeated after that. In fact he lost his very next fight against a guy on short notice who was on vacation drinking tequila and tkoed him on the feet, turned him into a panic wrestler and choked him the fuck out..... and then he was barely able to squeak out a decision after running away for 5 rounds after being gifted an immediate rematch.
I like your way of being objective

One of the youngest champions ever, getting within just a few defenses of the all-time record while going against one of the strongest strengths of schedule ever. Not one gimme fight in his entire reign, not even Silva or Jones can claim that much.

Back