From may 20, 2006 to dec 12, 2015. Nearly a DECADE undefeated in the toughest sport on the planet

when was Aldo ever considered #1 p4p?? When did he ever surpass Silva, Jones, GSP or Fedor? What year or month are we talking here.

Aldo will be a legend and he deserves it. Truly one of the greatest ever and unquestionably the greatest FTW fighter ever. Practically revolutionized the leg kick.

That was a nice ko. Too bad he didn´t go a decade undefeated after that. In fact he lost his very next fight against a guy on short notice who was on vacation drinking tequila and tkoed him on the feet, turned him into a panic wrestler and choked him the fuck out..... and then he was barely able to squeak out a decision after running away for 5 rounds after being gifted an immediate rematch.
Right, Conor is trash.

Imagine how trash you'd have to be to lose to Conor in 13 seconds.

Yep, that legacy you'd want to have.

too bad he never got a chance to sort out that disaster with conor.

Only gripe is I wish he would have made a move to the USA to get in some better training - in particular his s & c --- would love to see what Nick Curson could do with him.

From what I've seen he does more cross-fit type of stuff and is muscled up as a result.

either way a true GOAT at 145 and all time great.

Of course Aldo is the best FW ever. It sure aint Conor lol. Dude defended his belt a total of 0 times.
Do you think there's a version of Aldo that defeats Max? I personally feel Aldo was just as good, if not better than ever when he lost Holloway. Therefore he can't be the best FW ever. Holloway is better than he ever was. However he is the greatest FW with the best legacy in the division so far.

I think 7-0 (in ufc) to 1-3 (after Usada).. Hmm just another Brazilian legend who fell off bad.. once stiff drug testing came in..

Odd that

Aldo is an all time great. But people will always remember the 13 second KO whenever hes brought up.

That's truly the sad part of MMA, your only as good as your last fight. So many greats until that one fight , that one loss that takes it away. After that it goes down hill quickly.

On the way to the top momentum is a big thing , fighters feel unbeatable. When they get to the top their opposition questions themselves knowing who they're facing. Then with one loss that invincibility is over . New opponents aren't as scared as they were and know that number one guy is now beatable. The once great Champion also questions himself.

We've seen this again and again. From Chuck, Machida , Anderson, Rhonda , Aldo and even Fedor. When they fall it's usually hard to watch.

Aldo lasted much longer than most. You could see his last few fights he wasn't looking the same , not as hungry and devastating. There was a study that showed mma fighters have ( on average) a ten year window from becoming pro till they decline. Hard training , injury, age, passion and the fights themselves wear a fighter out. Aldo went longer than that. When he faced Conor, IMO he was already on the downward slope. A few years before he would've looked much different. Not to take Conor's win away it was amazing, but I hate the fact that Aldo's greatness seamed to disappear in those 13 seconds . What pisses me off.... After being Champion so long he didn't get a rematch.

That was a nice ko. Too bad he didn´t go a decade undefeated after that. In fact he lost his very next fight against a guy on short notice who was on vacation drinking tequila and tkoed him on the feet, turned him into a panic wrestler and choked him the fuck out..... and then he was barely able to squeak out a decision after running away for 5 rounds after being gifted an immediate rematch.
170 pounds is no joke

the weight is often overlooked

on the topic of the thread , Aldo at his best was a beast for sure

Last edited:
when was Aldo ever considered #1 p4p?? When did he ever surpass Silva, Jones, GSP or Fedor? What year or month are we talking here.
Never. He was on the list but cmon.

WEC Aldo was a beast, those leg kicks were scary, since his fight with KZ he hasnt looked the same, I though he was lucky to win that, he looked in trouble up until KZ shoulder popped out,

Do you think there's a version of Aldo that defeats Max? I personally feel Aldo was just as good, if not better than ever when he lost Holloway. Therefore he can't be the best FW ever. Holloway is better than he ever was. However he is the greatest FW with the best legacy in the division so far.
I think a few years back before the Mendes 2 fight he could.

Dudes knees are gone now, same problem Conor has.

They can't kick as much or run for the cardio (road running and sand running imo are the 2 best types of cardio training).

Max is an amazing fighter though

Back