FROM should sellout and create an annual Dark Souls

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Similar to Activision's Call of Duty, FROM would make a lot more money, and we'd all buy the shit out of it.

Did they ever say why they stopped making Dark Souls?

Because then we'd get more Dark Souls 2 and no one wants that.

the game did do weapon balance well and the innovation of power stancing was cool. too bad they introduced the idiotic Soul Level system that just made PvP a complete hassle

Call of Duty, Ass Creed and any other game other than sports games that brings out a new version each year should look in the mirror and have a word with themselves.

Because then we'd get more Dark Souls 2 and no one wants that.

the game did do weapon balance well and the innovation of power stancing was cool. too bad they introduced the idiotic Soul Level system that just made PvP a complete hassle
I liked 2 a whole shit lot better then 3. I never played Demon Souls or the first Dark Souls but out of DS2, DS3, and BB I liked DS2 the best and don't really get the hate it gets.

I liked 2 a whole shit lot better then 3. I never played Demon Souls or the first Dark Souls but out of DS2, DS3, and BB I liked DS2 the best and don't really get the hate it gets.

That's cool, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Even if it's a very, very bad one.

What was your favorite part of DS2? Fighting the Smelter Demon boss? ... or the other Smelter Demon Boss? How about the boss that was literally just a bunch of rats - can't forget the boss that was just one big rat that had three rats with him; whew, what a doozy amirite?

What was your favorite part of DS2? Fighting the Smelter Demon boss? ... or the other Smelter Demon Boss? How about the boss that was literally just a bunch of rats - can't forget the boss that was just one big rat that had three rats with him; whew, what a doozy amirite?
don't be a dick

don't be a dick

fe2.gif

Royal Dog Authority, imo.

That only covers a small fraction of the bosses though. Dark Souls 2 still has many quality boss fights. The bosses in Dark Souls 3 are better though no question.

Still at the end of the day I too prefer Dark Souls 2(SotfS). The game is so big with so many viable builds for both PVP and PVE as well as stuff to do. Dark Souls 3 is strongly lacking in build variety and its so damn linear, I struggle getting through Undead Settlement for the billionth time before giving up on a playthrough.

Why would you want such a great franchise ruined?

Besides, From basically was doing an annual release for three consecutive years there:

Dark Souls 2 - March 2014
Bloodborne- March 2015
Dark Souls 3 - March 2016

Bloodborne- March 2015
Werent they developing this even before DS2? The A team worked on this for 5+ years whilst the B team worked on DS2 and it shows.

Bloodborne is one of the GOAT games ever.

Werent they developing this even before DS2? The A team worked on this for 5+ years whilst the B team worked on DS2 and it shows.

Bloodborne is one of the GOAT games ever.

Yeah, something like that I think. After Dark Souls 1 came out in October 2011 the main team went to work on Bloodborne for the next three years.

Yeah, something like that I think. After Dark Souls 1 came out in October 2011 the main team went to work on Bloodborne for the next three years.
Didnt they work on it simultaneously with DS1? Sony got in a deal with them after Demon Souls.

Did they? I don’t know.
Im sure BB took the longest to develop. You could tell by the polish and attention to detail and cohesiveness the later games lacked.

Im sure BB took the longest to develop. You could tell by the polish and attention to detail and cohesiveness the later games lacked.

Just read this on the Wikipedia page for Bloodborne. I think you’re mistaken.

Development of Bloodborne began as development was being completed on the Prepare to Die edition of Dark Souls, released in August 2012. Sony Computer Entertainment approached FromSoftware concerning cooperative development on a title, and director Hidetaka Miyazaki asked about the possibility of developing a game for eighth-generation consoles. The concept of Bloodborne developed from there. There were no connections to FromSoftware's previous titles, even though Miyazaki conceded that it "carries the DNA of Demon's Souls and its very specific level design".[44] Development ran parallel to that of Dark Souls II.[45]

Just read this on the Wikipedia page for Bloodborne. I think you’re mistaken.

Ahh I remember reading Miyazaki had the idea for BB long after DS. But do we know the timeframe? I was wrong on th 5+ years thing it seems.

"Development of Bloodborne began as development was being completed on the Prepare to Die edition of Dark Souls, released in August 2012."

Couldve been early 2012? Full development mightve began then but maybe concept was earlier? Still most polished and complete title theyve made, which only had the loading issue when released.

No, they need to make some changes to the formula. Games are too similar as it is.

Back