From the spineless Britain diary: House parties/loud music at midnight/early morning hours

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We are all human. We all like to have fun and such.

Terraced house street.

I remember few years ago, middle of the night, middle of the week, the guy I lived with decided to bang the music in his bedroom. Guy was all drugged up and didn't help knocking his bedroom door. Even neighbours living few houses away came knocking door to kill noise.

Ok, I phoned police. This was the response: 'Sorry, Police dont deal with stuff like that, write letter to local council'

Thats it. No one gives a shit u work for their wages in the morning, all you get is write a fucking letter. As I am a foreigner in this country, it would be inappropriate to use force or anything to get this guy lower the volume. No matter that I would do a favour for myself and around 100 people living around, I would be the one in jail.

Ah...Welcome in Britain.

Police don't deal with noise nuisances.

If they did, all the Daily Mail reading jerkoffs would be up in arms with their "shouldn't they be out catching real criminals" shtick. It's a local authority issue, they'll contact the landlord or if it's a council house they'll deal with it and make the twat homeless.

This is just common sense, not another case of "Spineless Britain", unless you want the police to go cracking skulls over loud music?

You seem to hate living in England, so why don’t you move back home or give another country a go?

That's terrible. Hope you get the noice problem taken care of, one way or another.

If they did, all the Daily Mail reading jerkoffs would be up in arms with their "shouldn't they be out catching real criminals" shtick. It's a local authority issue, they'll contact the landlord or if it's a council house they'll deal with it and make the twat homeless.

This is just common sense, not another case of "Spineless Britain", unless you want the police to go cracking skulls over loud music?

Council officers are even more useless than the police. Which is saying something. I actually had a council housing officer tell me the policy is to put subhumans like junkies, habitual criminals etc in decent areas in the hope that living with good people will raise the scum to the same level. It doesn't work, of course.

The only way to deal with scum like this is violence. Give them a kicking, and make sure there are no witnesses.

Terraced house street.

I remember few years ago, middle of the night, middle of the week, the guy I lived with decided to bang the music in his bedroom. Guy was all drugged up and didn't help knocking his bedroom door. Even neighbours living few houses away came knocking door to kill noise.

Ok, I phoned police. This was the response: 'Sorry, Police dont deal with stuff like that, write letter to local council'

Thats it. No one gives a shit u work for their wages in the morning, all you get is write a fucking letter. As I am a foreigner in this country, it would be inappropriate to use force or anything to get this guy lower the volume. No matter that I would do a favour for myself and around 100 people living around, I would be the one in jail.

Ah...Welcome in Britain.

I hate noisy neighbors and have had similar issues to you when I lived in England.

I live in Japan now, if you have noisy neighbors, the police here will deal with that shit pretty quickly.

English police are not going to come out for noisy neighbors. If you want my advice and you are willing/pissed off enough to take it to the next level :

Phone the police, tell them you tried knocking on the door of your neighbor and say you saw a knife.

As soon as you mention the word "knife", the police will be there within 5 minutes. Hopefully the sight of uniformed men on his doorstep will scare your neighbor straight.

You can thank me later.

Terraced house street.

Ah...Welcome in Britain.

Depending on your ethnicity/religion: claim the junkie used racist language to you. British plod get full wood if they think they can do someone for a, "hate crime".

In Germany, the cops show up if you call for a noise complaint.
I think thats like 50% of their calls in small-town Germany. Might be different in the bigger cities.
They usually give a warning first and if they have to come back again they take your stereo or whatever makes the noise.

I hate noisy neighbors and have had similar issues to you when I lived in England.

I live in Japan now, if you have noisy neighbors, the police here will deal with that shit pretty quickly.

English police are not going to come out for noisy neighbors. If you want my advice and you are willing/pissed off enough to take it to the next level :

Phone the police, tell them you tried knocking on the door of your neighbor and say you saw a knife.

As soon as you mention the word "knife", the police will be there within 5 minutes. Hopefully the sight of uniformed men on his doorstep will scare your neighbor straight.

You can thank me later.

When I first lived in Japan I had the police come to my apartment (government housing in a small rural town) because I didn't understand that clear trash bags were for recycling and I had put all my trash in one and set it out for pickup. It was obviously a perfectly friendly discussion (they actually helped me sort it) but I still chuckle when I think that it was the police who came.

Terraced house street.

Ah...Welcome in Britain.
you are talking bullshit.... police do deal with that sort of thing.

maybe in England they dont, but if you are playing your music too loud after 10pm in Scotland they will come out and tell you to turn it down.

actually didnt police in England introduce ASBO's about stuff like this?

Terraced house street.

Ah...Welcome in Britain.

Lol you want police to lock up people that play loud music!
Deal with it yourself pal, just like every one else has to. you don’t get locked up for asking someone to turn their music down, or for knocking them out if they get aggressive. You’re allowed to defend yourself against aggression whether you are British or a foreign national

maybe in England they dont, but if you are playing your music too loud after 10pm in Scotland they will come out and tell you to turn it down.

actually didnt police in England introduce ASBO's about stuff like this?

I think ASBOs are for public disturbances.

Here’s guidance on noisy neighbours from the gov.uk site...

Call the police
You should call the police if your neighbour:
  • is violent, threatening or abusive
  • is harassing you sexually, or because of your sexuality, religion or ethnic background
  • is breaking the law in any other way - or if you suspect this
Complain about noise to the council
You can ask your local council for help if the neighbour dispute involves an activity that is damaging to health or a nuisance. This is known as a ‘statutory nuisance’.

This could include:
  • noise (including loud music and barking dogs)
  • artificial light (except street lamps)
  • dust, steam, smell or insects from business premises
  • smoke, fumes or gases
  • a build-up of rubbish that could harm health
Your council has a duty to investigate any statutory nuisance.

https://www.gov.uk/how-to-resolve-neighbour-disputes/

You can thank me later.

And Make sure you tell them the knife looks really sharp and even has a pointed tip . That should cut down the response time to atleast 2 mins.

;)

I think ASBOs are for public disturbances.

Here’s guidance on noisy neighbours from the gov.uk site...

Call the police
You should call the police if your neighbour:
  • is violent, threatening or abusive
  • is harassing you sexually, or because of your sexuality, religion or ethnic background
  • is breaking the law in any other way - or if you suspect this
Complain about noise to the council
You can ask your local council for help if the neighbour dispute involves an activity that is damaging to health or a nuisance. This is known as a ‘statutory nuisance’.

This could include:
  • noise (including loud music and barking dogs)
  • artificial light (except street lamps)
  • dust, steam, smell or insects from business premises
  • smoke, fumes or gases
  • a build-up of rubbish that could harm health
Your council has a duty to investigate any statutory nuisance.

https://www.gov.uk/how-to-resolve-neighbour-disputes/
lol I got the police coming to my door when I was younger and was playing my music loudly..... maybe thats a Scottish thing?

Cops in the U.S. almost always respond to noise complaints..

So you couldn't get someone you lived with to turn his music down and the police didn't come running to your rescue , and your still so upset about it several years down the line you've decided to share the hurt with us all....
How embarrassing on every level , you have my pity .

Should've told the police he had a pointed knife and was writing hate speech on FB, they would've definitely come then.

Back