Fugged up sentencing in MN for hanging a toddler

My fuck i hate people like you. A toddler nearly died, that is quite tangible harm. Even psychologically these have effects for life on kids.
Factor in the parents. Neighborhoods etc.

No form of abuse from her husband excuses any aspect of hanging a fucking child. Bitch deserves the chair or life in prison no parole and preferably solitary confinement.

I think you misunderstood what he said. I don't think he was saying it accuses it but that.a momentary lapse in sanity is the only way that her crime makes sense.

Apparently it was something of a psychotic episode from a person with no other criminal history and who exhibits no other criminal tendencies, and the action did not produce a tangible harm (to the child). And she's still never going to see her minor children again, until they mature.

Doesn't seem like an overly questionable sentence to me tbh. I assume, as should everyone, that the judge knows a heck of a lot more about the facts than we do.
Your ability to play Devil's advocate is second-to-none, but goddamn, she tried to hang a toddler. There is no defending that.

People that are terminally stupid like yourself are a much greater threat to our society than people who are potentially violent.

Just sayin'.

Also, @PolishHeadlock we have another Anthony and Opie fan. You're in esteemed company.

I honestly never really listened to the show.

I loved Tough Crowd on Comedy Central and found O&A from searching for Patrice O'Neal clips on Youtube.

Then I discovered the O&A subreddit which is the greatest subreddit ever

She did go to jail. But, yes, male defendants are statistically less likely to succeed in insanity and incompetence matters. But males are also much more likely to re-offend in violent crimes.

If you kill someone, let alone multiple people, you're going to see hard time no matter what. But, yeah, sometimes murderers are psychotic as well. James Holmes (I think that's the name - The Dark Knight Rises mass shooter) is an example of a murderer who was severely mentally ill. That wasn't a temporary psychosis type deal, though.

A more relevant killer that comes to mind is Louis Althusser who was a French philosopher and political science. He had mental health issues his entire life. And one morning he woke up and his wife had been strangled to death. Whether he did it in his sleep or in some fugue state, he killed her without genuine murderous intent. He loved his wife and was emotionally devastated for the rest of his life. You think that torturing him or gunning him down would be justice?

I get that youre talking to people who want to see her tortured in this thread. Im not one of those. But 10 year probation for trying to murder a kid and only failing because of luck is fucked up. It feels like the judge fell for her sop story. There clearly is some gender bias/incompetence going on with this case. You playing the violin/lawyer for her because of 'muh mental illness' probably means you are mildly psychopathic and dont have the ability to see how heinous this crime is. Misplaced and fake sense of empathy is a big sign of that.

Apparently it was something of a psychotic episode from a person with no other criminal history and who exhibits no other criminal tendencies, and the action did not produce a tangible harm (to the child). And she's still never going to see her minor children again, until they mature.

Doesn't seem like an overly questionable sentence to me tbh. I assume, as should everyone, that the judge knows a heck of a lot more about the facts than we do.

You are KILLING the Democratic party. Sad.

No criminal history from an immigrant means nothing. Really means nothing for natives other than they weasels their way out of trouble 90% of the time, which actually creates a more delusional mind-set.

Back