Fuji BJJ Gi Review

Just washed my A4 in cold with 40 mins of air tumble dry and the remainder of time just plain air dried. Shrinkage is minimal. 1/4" tops.

Next question, has anyone used Oxyclean to wash their gi? Would it cause any fabric weakness?

I use a scoop of Oxiclean AND one of those Tide Boost packs. My gi has stayed super white. I do wash it every time I wear it, and I try to wash it as soon as I get home.

I don't know how long gi's typically last because I am new to the sport, but mine is like new and I have worn it 3 times a week for over 5 months.

I am 5'10 190, 30-31 inseam, broad shoulders and back. Would the A3 fit or should i go up to an A4.

Thanks!

I would go A3. A4 pants will be meaningless since they don't shrink 6-10".

Just wash cold water & hang dry.

Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask should I get an A5 or A6? I am 6'5" 227 lbs... so my height fits the A6 (6'2"-6'6" 250-300) but my weight matches the A5 (6'0"-6'4" 225-275)... I hope someone can help me out...

Thanks in advance for your answers and sorry for asking again (since I already opened a thread (http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f16/question-about-fuji-gi-size-2016247/) regarding the same question... but I need some answers lol) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask should I get an A5 or A6? I am 6'5" 227 lbs... so my height fits the A6 (6'2"-6'6" 250-300) but my weight matches the A5 (6'0"-6'4" 225-275)... I hope someone can help me out...

Thanks in advance for your answers and sorry for asking again (since I already opened a thread (http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f16/question-about-fuji-gi-size-2016247/) regarding the same question... but I need some answers lol) :)

Call Vin at kodokangear.com and he'll help you out.

Thanks guys for the replies, so I guess it would be the best to go for an A6 and then to shrink it if needed (which probably will be necesserry). I hope it will be the right thing to do...

Will the A4 pants be too long for me even if i shrink them in the dryer. 5'10 185ish with long torso and short legs. I wear 30 inseam pants with a 33-34 inch waste. I am afraid that the A3 top will be too snug since I have widish shoulder.

It sounds like wat i need is A4 top with A3 pants, but I don't think I can order them this way. Any other brands that you guys recommend?

Hey guys, it's me again. In the meantime I contacted the Fuji customer support, I asked them the same question and this is the respond I got:

"Hi xxxx,

Yes you are correct - the A5 is the right choice for you. The A6 is a HUGE gi and you would most likely find it far too wide.

Thanks,
Tom
Customer Service
1(212) 769-1823
[email protected]"

Well, as you can see he recommends me the A5, I'm just too worried about that the A6 could be really, really wide. Mh, now I am in a dilemma because Nijoe said I should choose an A6 because of my height and because of the shrinkin which is also a valid point... Decisions, decisions....

Hey guys, me again, in the end I contacted Vin from kodokangear.com, he was very helpful and I ordered my Fuji gi (A6) from his site... :)

I have the Fuji Victory Single Weave in white, which I bought for $80 shipped and have used for the last few weeks.

Absolutely love it. I'm 5'9" and around 175lbs and I shrunk down an A3 to fit. It does shrink a lot, and after sweaty roll sessions it does stretch a bit, but overall, great gi.

It's on BJJHQ for $65 shipped today, which is amazing. I had just bought a black Fuji Victory last week from CagesideMMA, but decided for $65, having another extra white one is worth it!

I am looking to purchase the Fuji gi. I am about 5'8" and weigh 180 lbs. Should I go with an A3 or A4? thanks

I am looking to purchase the Fuji gi. I am about 5'8" and weigh 180 lbs. Should I go with an A3 or A4? thanks
Yup, def A3. You'll be swimming in an A4, which I heard from Fuji is a pretty drastic size difference.

I'm around 175lbs and when bulked up I'm at around 185-190, I think my A3's will fit even better.

Oxyclean is the way to go for white gi.
DO NOT USE BLEACH that will most definetly weaken the fabric.

Becareful with the single weave FUJI they do keep shrinking.

Peace.

Really? I thought when you shrink a gi enough, it'll stop? Assuming that i washed 2 times in hot water and dry hot, it won't shrink anymore?

Really? I thought when you shrink a gi enough, it'll stop? Assuming that i washed 2 times in hot water and dry hot, it won't shrink anymore?

It will shrink over time. I remember my fuji gi stayed the same length for 3-4 months. But one day, I just felt the gi was little tight around my upper torso so I took some measurements on the gi and it shrank more. After that, it shrank little by little so I gave it to my training partner. I always washed cold and hung dry after couple hot washes and hot dries

Is the fit different between summer & single weave? I'm 6'1"/215lbs (A4?). I've been eyeing these for a long time but been buying Vulkan Pro and Koral New Classic (both in A3). Thanks!

Hi everybody.
I am also looking to purchase the Fuji gi. The price seems like a great value and the feedback is quite positive. I am about 5"7-5'8" and weigh 155 lbs. Should I go with an A2 or A3.

Thanks.

Back