legible​

adjective

leg·i·ble ˈle-jə-bəl

Synonyms of legible
: capable of being read or deciphered : PLAIN
legible handwriting

: capable of being discovered or understood
murder sweltered in his heart and was legible upon his face—Thomas Wolfe

Even the secondary definition refers to reading, not hearing. The correct term for audio is intelligible.

Here's some helpful links on the topic:

Not quite as good as 298 but better than 297. Acceptable if Saudi & IFW are loaded up in the same month.

Makhachev vs. Poirier - 8/10 - Good, solid UFC main event. Slightly imperfect as some question whether Dustin deserves it at this particular moment, but I'm less fussed. Just one of those fights Islam needs.
Strickland vs. Costa - 8/10 - Very intriguing fight between 2 big personalities, great co-main!
Jailton vs. Romanov - 7/10 - Some are a bit down on Jailton, but that kid can wrestle, man. This is a good test after getting hammered into oblivion by Blaydes from a defensive position.
Randy Brown vs. EZ dos Santos - 7/10 - Looks like perfect matchmaking for the pair, so while not the hottest fight in terms of hype, looks good and solid. Should be entertaining.
HyunSung Park vs. Andre Lima - 6.5/10 - No question, Lima one of the tastiest prospects on the card (lulz).
Price vs. Morono - 6/10 - Workaday fight, another winnable one for Morono.
Dolidze vs. Fluffy - 7.5/10 - Fluffy is on a roll and gaining popularity, giving this the additional +.5, tough fight for him though - intriguing stuff!
C. Almeida vs. Kopylov - 7/10 - Kopylov is always a good time, not the best fighter in the world though, he's just here to test another Brazilian killer from the striking circuit!
Ailin Perez vs. Joselyne Edwards - 5/10 - Sorry, don't really dig Edwards, but Ailin Perez is enjoyable.
Sumudaerji vs. Van - 5.5/10 - Stylistically should be quite fun for a prelim, not shitting on it, just no real name value or major intrigue to this one. A nice fight to try to build Van, but don't discount Su...
Dawson vs. Solecki - 6.5/10 - All about the styles! While this has the potential to be a bit of a stinker, let's hope we get some really fun grappling and scrambles.
Rowe vs. J. Matthews - 6/10 - Jake Matthews is usually fun, Rowe put on a stinker though and needs a return to form. Similar level to Price-Morono.
Gall vs. Hafez - 4/10 - Hafez has sat out a little too long to capitalize on his good performance against JDM, and aside from being such a handful, I'm not sure his style will be popular either. Gall, back, not really sure why, but whatever, see who wins, you never know, could be fun.

Overall: 7/10 on paper for me, could be even better if the prelims deliver, which they often do!

Looks good. Who the fuck is C Almeida though? That could be anybody. There is probably 600,000 people in Brazil named C Almedia. Everyone knows there's only like 5 or 6 Brazilian last names. (Silva, Da Silva, Santos, Dos Santos, Almeida, Oliveira, etc.) I'm waiting for Anderson Santos Dos Santos to make his debut, you know its only a matter of time.

This card sucks. Lol at a bum like Romanov being 3rd fight in a PPV.

Pretty good. 7/10 for a PPV. Just lacking a compelling featured bout to get it up to the standard of a really good PPV.

I'd call this an average ppv. Maybe even slightly above average?

No love for guys like Dawson. I think this is the problem we are having as viewers. Back like 10 years ago a guy like Dawson who was 20-1-1 (10-0-1 ufc) before his last fight, would be a HUGE deal. Close to a title shot. Now, meh, nobody knows him.

Cards aren't shallow, you just don't keep up

Last edited:
Makhachev vs. Poirier - 8/10 - Good, solid UFC main event. Slightly imperfect as some question whether Dustin deserves it at this particular moment, but I'm less fussed. Just one of those fights Islam needs.
Strickland vs. Costa - 8/10 - Very intriguing fight between 2 big personalities, great co-main!
Jailton vs. Romanov - 7/10 - Some are a bit down on Jailton, but that kid can wrestle, man. This is a good test after getting hammered into oblivion by Blaydes from a defensive position.
Randy Brown vs. EZ dos Santos - 7/10 - Looks like perfect matchmaking for the pair, so while not the hottest fight in terms of hype, looks good and solid. Should be entertaining.
HyunSung Park vs. Andre Lima - 6.5/10 - No question, Lima one of the tastiest prospects on the card (lulz).
Price vs. Morono - 6/10 - Workaday fight, another winnable one for Morono.
Dolidze vs. Fluffy - 7.5/10 - Fluffy is on a roll and gaining popularity, giving this the additional +.5, tough fight for him though - intriguing stuff!
C. Almeida vs. Kopylov - 7/10 - Kopylov is always a good time, not the best fighter in the world though, he's just here to test another Brazilian killer from the striking circuit!
Ailin Perez vs. Joselyne Edwards - 5/10 - Sorry, don't really dig Edwards, but Ailin Perez is enjoyable.
Sumudaerji vs. Van - 5.5/10 - Stylistically should be quite fun for a prelim, not shitting on it, just no real name value or major intrigue to this one. A nice fight to try to build Van, but don't discount Su...
Dawson vs. Solecki - 6.5/10 - All about the styles! While this has the potential to be a bit of a stinker, let's hope we get some really fun grappling and scrambles.
Rowe vs. J. Matthews - 6/10 - Jake Matthews is usually fun, Rowe put on a stinker though and needs a return to form. Similar level to Price-Morono.
Gall vs. Hafez - 4/10 - Hafez has sat out a little too long to capitalize on his good performance against JDM, and aside from being such a handful, I'm not sure his style will be popular either. Gall, back, not really sure why, but whatever, see who wins, you never know, could be fun.

Overall: 7/10 on paper for me, could be even better if the prelims deliver, which they often do!
Almost agree with this rating, maybe just slightly higher as the main card is pretty interesting matchups.

I'd give it a .5 boost cause the main and co-main have some intrigue and we know the presser is gonna be all-time funny with Islam, Dustin, Strickland and Costa on there.

Bro, u have been on this board for way too long for that bs. You know bout order doesn't go from best to worst. It's all calculated
It largely does for the average card, maybe excepting the last prelim and first fight of PPV. I get why Jailton is up there but Romanov is not a quality opponent and that matchup isn’t compelling.

Romanov is a UFC apex level fighter, shouldn’t be anywhere near the main card of a PPV.

7/10

Main card will likely look like:

Islam vs. Poirier
Strickland vs. Costa
Almeida vs. Romanov
Dolidze vs. Fluffy
C. Almeida vs. Kopylov

Needs one more big name fight on their to bump it up to an 8.

I think Costa speaks better English than Strickland

In all seriousness Costa's English improved incredibly quickly. He was on Ariel's show about a year apart and the difference in the second appearance was astonishing, he must have worked very hard on it.

Looks good. Who the fuck is C Almeida though? That could be anybody. There is probably 600,000 people in Brazil named C Almedia. Everyone knows there's only like 5 or 6 Brazilian last names. (Silva, Da Silva, Santos, Dos Santos, Almeida, Oliveira, etc.) I'm waiting for Anderson Santos Dos Santos to make his debut, you know its only a matter of time.

Cesar Almeida, former kickboxer who fought Pereira three times, winning once.

Back