Fun Factor: If we let Alcohol be legal, even tho people die because of it, then why not All Guns?

EL GOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It baffles me that the Fun Factor isn't the primary reason on why guns should be legal.

Lets be honest...Lots of people who own guns, who own assault rifles, automatic guns etc, Love them...They have fun with them, its part of who they are.

I know we hear all this "Self Defense" , and "Tyrant" explanation...but the fact is, people love guns....That's the simple reason but since politicians/media will give them shit for that being their primary reason for wanting automatic guns, we never hear people talk about the fun factor.

Well the Fun Factor should be a valid reason to have guns....Lets compare this to alcohol.

Excessive alcohol use led to approximately 88,000 deaths and 2.5 million years of potential life lost (YPLL) each year in the United States from 2006 – 2010, shortening the lives of those who died by an average of 30 years.
Source:https://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/alcohol-use.htm

In 2015, 10,265 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (29%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States
Source: https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/impaired_driving/impaired-drv_factsheet.html

Vs guns

33k People die because of guns...2/3 are suicides....12k are homicides(15k in 2016)

Source:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/mass-shootings-are-a-bad-way-to-understand-gun-violence/
Go to middle of page, it will give you a cool chart putting guns related deaths in a better perspective.

Rifles accounted for 374 Homicides in 2016.....Other guns 186 homicides....FireArms(Type not stated) 3,077 homicides.

Source:https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....016/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-4.xls

Even if we assume all those firearms were automatic rifles....It still is no way near Alcohol.

Now why don't we ban Alcohol? I mean the stats don't lie...Lots of people are dying due too it, way more than guns.....Also Drunk Driving harms others and kills more people than Rifles,other guns,and firearms combined.....So why isn't their uproar?

Because FUN>Safety...It comes down to that...People have too much fun being drunk, that all the negatives of alcohol simply outweigh the safety of people..Not to mention prohibition didn't work at all...and the Alcohol business like the gun business, creates a shitload of jobs for Americans.

So heres the point All GUNS should be legal not because of this "Self Defense", "Tyrannical" gun explanation but because guns are SIMPLY FUN!!!!!!!!!!

method=get&s=khabib-nurmagomedov-08-04-2014-0-13-11-648.jpg

Jonny-Jones-Guns-2.jpg

BSCxw79CUAEBrna.jpg

Sorry, but guns are simply too much FUN to be banned.....Just like Alcohol.....The low death rate don't outweigh the Fun Factor.

Last edited:
alcohol is terrible and should not be promoted. there should be more uproar about alcohol deaths and drunk driving.

i don't see why one excludes the other? if people wanna take action against deaths by cancer for example, are you the kind of person to say "what about the flu though?"

excellent thread
*freedom intensifies*
tumblr_nh68d28ucg1sr1lf3o1_400.gif

If alcohol got discovered today it would not be legalized

Last edited:
alcohol is terrible and should not be promoted. there should be more uproar about alcohol deaths and drunk driving.

i don't see why one excludes the other? if people wanna take action against deaths by cancer for example, are you the kind of person to say "what about the flu though?"
But it is promoted by this society....Kids are exposed to it each time they watch sports.

The point is....People don't give a shit about Alcohol because they enjoy being drunk....Politicians don't give a shit either.

Yet they act like the sky is falling when some nutcase decides to kill people.

One excludes the other because the worse one, Alcohol, sole purpose of being a thing is fun....Automatic guns are about as fun as well on top of self protection but yet that is attacked....That's some #1 bullshit.

As for Flu vs Cancer
Every year, cancer claims the lives of more than half a million Americans.
Source:https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/dcpc/data/types.htm
The CDC wants reporters to drop the 36,000 annual estimate (at last) and instead say that the death toll ranges from 3,300 to 49,000.

So what number should NPR use? We try to be as precise as possible, but the wide range doesn't seem quite right. After all, it's been 25 years since as few as 3,300 people died from the flu – most years since the death toll been anywhere from 4 to 16 times higher. So we won't be reporting the lower number very often, unless we're reviewing history

Source:http://www.npr.org/sections/health-...rage-fluctuates-depending-on-how-you-slice-it

So your argument makes zero sense.

Tanks are fun, too. I hear once you‘ve been riding one, going back to your boring compact car is not an option.

But it is promoted by this society....Kids are exposed to it each time they watch sports.

The point is....People don't give a shit about Alcohol because they enjoy being drunk....Politicians don't give a shit either.

Yet they act like the sky is falling when some nutcase decides to kill people.

One excludes the other because the worse one, Alcohol, sole purpose of being a thing is fun....Automatic guns are about as fun as well on top of self protection but yet that is attacked....That's some #1 bullshit.

As for Flu vs Cancer

Source:http://www.npr.org/sections/health-...rage-fluctuates-depending-on-how-you-slice-it

So your argument makes zero sense.
it wasn't a literal argument, i was just trying to point out that you can be outraged by both, and you don't need to take action on everything at once. you can be against guys like you having automatic guns and also being against dudes like you ever drinking.

this is like some weird version of the 'cars kill more people than terrorists!' argument but with more jingoism

It baffles me that the Fun Factor isn't the primary reason on why guns should be legal.

Lets be honest...Lots of people who own guns, who own assault rifles, automatic guns etc, Love them...They have fun with them, its part of who they are.

I know we hear all this "Self Defense" , and "Tyrant" explanation...but the fact is, people love guns....That's the simple reason but since politicians/media will give them shit for that being their primary reason for wanting automatic guns, we never hear people talk about the fun factor.

Well the Fun Factor should be a valid reason to have guns....Lets compare this to alcohol.

Vs guns

33k People die because of guns...2/3 are suicides....12k are homicides(15k in 2016)

Source:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/mass-shootings-are-a-bad-way-to-understand-gun-violence/

Rifles accounted for 374 Homicides in 2016.....Other guns 186 homicides....FireArms(Type not stated) 3,077 homicides.

Source:https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....016/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-4.xls

Even if we assume all those firearms were automatic rifles....It still is no way near Alcohol.

Now why don't we ban Alcohol? I mean the stats don't lie...Lots of people are dying due too it, way more than guns.....Also Drunk Driving harms others and kills more people than Rifles,other guns,and firearms combined.....So why isn't their uproar?

Because FUN>Safety...It comes down to that...People have too much fun being drunk, that all the negatives of alcohol simply outweigh the safety of people..Not to mention prohibition didn't work at all...and the Alcohol business like the gun business, creates a shitload of jobs for Americans.

So heres the point All GUNS should be legal not because of this "Self Defense", "Tyrannical" gun explanation but because guns are SIMPLY FUN!!!!!!!!!!

method=get&s=khabib-nurmagomedov-08-04-2014-0-13-11-648.jpg

Jonny-Jones-Guns-2.jpg

BSCxw79CUAEBrna.jpg

Sorry, but guns are simply too much FUN to be banned.....Just like Alcohol.....The low death rate don't outweigh the Fun Factor.

We tried to ban alcohol, it was called prohibition. Didn't work too well

Tanks are fun, too. I hear once you‘ve been riding one, going back to your boring compact car is not an option.
good point. so what if some kids die? it's F U N

I know..I mentioned it...People simply had too much fun with alcohol that it outweigh safety.
no, they were most likely addicted. airhockey is fun, you don't see people killing each other over it...normally.

it wasn't a literal argument, i was just trying to point out that you can be outraged by both, and you don't need to take action on everything at once. you can be against guys like you having automatic guns and also being against dudes like you ever drinking.

this is like some weird version of the 'cars kill more people than terrorists!' argument but with more jingoism
Yes you can be outraged by both....except society it's only outraged by guns and are trying to ban automatic guns.....I see no Alcohol ban? Why don't we have a hard liquor ban? After all it's way easier to get fucked up by Hard Liquor than beer.

My point is society right now is buying into this sensationalist bullshit and just aiming at guns....Makes zero sense.

Terrorist are also overrated but that's another discussion.

Yes you can be outraged by both....except society it's only outraged by guns and are trying to ban automatic guns.....I see no Alcohol ban? Why don't we have a hard liquor ban? After all it's way easier to get fucked up by Hard Liquor than beer.

My point is society right now is buying into this sensationalist bullshit and just aiming at guns....Makes zero sense.

Terrorist are also overrated but that's another discussion.
i wouldn't mind alcohol being more regulated and banning alcohol promotion/commercials. too much misery caused by it (domestic violence, addiction, drunk driving, most street fights being under the influence of alcohol)

it's basically a hard drug that we're used to.

And if you want to own and drive a tank around in the US you are welcome to, they even allow them in the UK.

And yes, all guns should be legal to own by responsible owners. What difference is there between a march 1986 full auto gun and one made in 1990? Why is one legal to own and the other not?

If we aren't able to make people get a $10 ID to be eligible to vote, why can we charge $200, plus the 20k+ for a select fire gun. Especially if heller/miller conceded that All guns 'in common use' and not 'unusual' are covered by 2A

And if big gov were worried about 'machine gun like devicss' they shouldn't have closed the MG registry

and so are fighting jets.

If you show me a shitload of tanks being available to the public with low homicide rates...ill be all for Tanks(although our streets couldn't take it)

There are by various estimates anywhere from 270 million to 310 million guns in the United States

Considering the low homicide rate(Yes its massively low compared to the past, not as good as other first world countries tho)...I don't see any reason to ban guns.

i wouldn't mind alcohol being more regulated and banning alcohol promotion/commercials. too much misery caused by it (domestic violence, addiction, drunk driving, most street fights being under the influence of alcohol)

it's basically a hard drug that we're used to.

I disagree....Alcohol is way too much fun and I don't think we should sacrifice the fun in society because some asshole's fuck up.

I'd like to declare that they are indeed fun.

In fact, I'd like to add that I hold this truth to be self-evident.

With this kind of logic, all drugs should be legal as well. 63K people died last year to drugs.

Back