Fun Factor: If we let Alcohol be legal, even tho people die because of it, then why not All Guns?

I disagree....Alcohol is way too much fun and I don't think we should sacrifice the fun in society because some asshole's fuck up.
it's a sign of addiction to not be able to imagine a life without alcohol

moonshine is not legal, moonshine = machine gun.

It baffles me that the Fun Factor isn't the primary reason on why guns should be legal.

Lets be honest...Lots of people who own guns, who own assault rifles, automatic guns etc, Love them...They have fun with them, its part of who they are.

I know we hear all this "Self Defense" , and "Tyrant" explanation...but the fact is, people love guns....That's the simple reason but since politicians/media will give them shit for that being their primary reason for wanting automatic guns, we never hear people talk about the fun factor.

Well the Fun Factor should be a valid reason to have guns....Lets compare this to alcohol.

Source:https://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/alcohol-use.htm

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/impaired_driving/impaired-drv_factsheet.html

Vs guns

33k People die because of guns...2/3 are suicides....12k are homicides(15k in 2016)

Source:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/mass-shootings-are-a-bad-way-to-understand-gun-violence/
Go to middle of page, it will give you a cool chart putting guns related deaths in a better perspective.

Rifles accounted for 374 Homicides in 2016.....Other guns 186 homicides....FireArms(Type not stated) 3,077 homicides.

Source:https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....016/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-4.xls

Even if we assume all those firearms were automatic rifles....It still is no way near Alcohol.

Now why don't we ban Alcohol? I mean the stats don't lie...Lots of people are dying due too it, way more than guns.....Also Drunk Driving harms others and kills more people than Rifles,other guns,and firearms combined.....So why isn't their uproar?

Because FUN>Safety...It comes down to that...People have too much fun being drunk, that all the negatives of alcohol simply outweigh the safety of people..Not to mention prohibition didn't work at all...and the Alcohol business like the gun business, creates a shitload of jobs for Americans.

So heres the point All GUNS should be legal not because of this "Self Defense", "Tyrannical" gun explanation but because guns are SIMPLY FUN!!!!!!!!!!

method=get&s=khabib-nurmagomedov-08-04-2014-0-13-11-648.jpg

Jonny-Jones-Guns-2.jpg

BSCxw79CUAEBrna.jpg

Sorry, but guns are simply too much FUN to be banned.....Just like Alcohol.....The low death rate don't outweigh the Fun Factor.

I kind of see what you're getting at with the "fun" aspect of both (guns and alcohol) and in connection with that I'd say economic impact of the industries is important.

Guns have a US economic impact of $52B(and is on the rise)
-http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/10/firearms-industry-economic-impact-rises-168-since-2008/

But Alcohol is on another level ($475B in economic impact)
-http://www.discus.org/economics/
--And also is perishable/constantly consumable as opposed to guns which have a longer "shelf life" if you will.

It's all about the green
<Fedor23>

I did notice how the NRA and gun industry did agree with the possible banning of "bump stocks"
-This item itself might be something worth conceding to better improve the industry's political image.

They tried prohibition. With both alcohol and guns, the cultural setting makes all the difference.
Nations which have guns strictly as sporting tools don't have the same issues as nations where they are allowed for common self defence.
Countries which have a culture of responsible drinking haven't been destroyed by alcohol in the same way as indigenous cultures to which it was introduced.

LSD has never been shown to kill anyone. Illegal.
You can drink yourself to death and the government SELLS it to us and profits from it.

The core problem with the logic is that nobody ever killed somebody else by personally binge drinking. Hazing is the closest analogue that would have force of cogency.

Otherwise, it adds an interesting framework to the greater debate.

alcohol is terrible and should not be promoted. there should be more uproar about alcohol deaths and drunk driving.

i don't see why one excludes the other? if people wanna take action against deaths by cancer for example, are you the kind of person to say "what about the flu though?"

Thousands of people die every year in drownings. I assume you are against swimming? If we outlaw swimming and access to rivers, ponds, oceans, lakes and pools then thousands will be saved every year.

Thousands of people die every year in drownings. I assume you are against swimming? If we outlaw swimming and access to rivers, ponds, oceans, lakes and pools then thousands will be saved every year.
i didn't say it should be outlawed but you had to make a stupid point so of course you would strawman that in there

also, what a stupid comparison

The core problem with the logic is that nobody ever killed somebody else by personally binge drinking. Hazing is the closest analogue that would have force of cogency.

An illegal alien in my town got rip shit drunk and drove a truck into a van. The van had 3 generations of a family. 8 people died. A whole family wiped off the Earth.

you could argue the alcohol induced violence, domestic and otherwise, killed a lot of people. but then it becomes a matter where you lay the responsibility: the person or the substance

Pools kill.

helen_lovejoy-children.jpg
that's why there's lifeguards and safety precautions.

here's the difference between pools and alcohol: people don't get addicted to alcohol, with withdrawal symptoms comparable or worse than heroin withdrawal. people don't swim 'n drive and kill innocent people. people don't beat their wife and kids after a long day of swimming at the bar.

it's a stupid comparison and you know it. (hopefully) but i doubt it, since you put words in my mouth for no other reason than to make a false equivalence.

An illegal alien in my town got rip shit drunk and drove a truck into a van. The van had 3 generations of a family. 8 people died. A whole family wiped off the Earth.
sounds like something that would be in the newspapers?

They tried prohibition. With both alcohol and guns, the cultural setting makes all the difference.
Nations which have guns strictly as sporting tools don't have the same issues as nations where they are allowed for common self defence.
Countries which have a culture of responsible drinking haven't been destroyed by alcohol in the same way as indigenous cultures to which it was introduced.
just out of curiosity, which countries have a culture of responsible drinking? serious question.

alcohol has better lobbyists

just out of curiosity, which countries have a culture of responsible drinking? serious question.

Germans are pretty good at it. They often start with wine at dinner from their parents at a young age. From what I experienced they don't go through that phase at 16-18 of going out and getting black out drunk, drink driving etc. Not that they don't binge drink, but just not to the extent of Australia or the UK. Not sure about the rest of Europe. Singapore was also pretty restrained, compared to South Korea.

sounds like something that would be in the newspapers?

It was a few years ago. It made the local news for like a day.

And when an illegal alien raped a 14 year old girl that didn't make the papers. When he was bailed out and skipped out of the country that didn't make the paper. When bounty hunters went to Mexico to get him and were held at gunpoint by Mexican cops to prevent bringing the rapist to justice ... that didn't make the papers.

When that illegal alien illegally entered the country once more, and stole a shotgun and shot his rape victim? That made the local news, but barely. He blew her head off with that shotgun. She was 16. The news was swept under the rug as fast as possible.

Maybe we should make illegal aliens illegal?

you could argue the alcohol induced violence, domestic and otherwise, killed a lot of people. but then it becomes a matter where you lay the responsibility: the person or the substance
A patient last month threw something against the wall in his house he shares with his gf.
He caught charges for assault even though she's declining to press charges because the county is doing so...

Man of cops just smoked weed and didn’t have guns this country would be way better dude !!!!

Back