Fundamentally unsound defence.

a lot of good posts here

my biggest take away from my kickboxing smoker was that I relied on my footwork to get me out of trouble - my defense besides that was lacking. Ate a lot of punches in r2 wondering why I was still getting hit with my hands up - I had no real active defense.
R3 I got my wind back and basically strafed with jabs and leg kicks - but it was a hard lesson learned.

Last edited:
this is true, but sometimes you have to stand your ground to throw a decent punch. and what is the point of even fighting if you win by a hundred yards.

It's a start. Once you instill confidence in a guy who's never fought that he can control the range, it will breed confidence, and then you can make incremental steps. The first thing is to get him to not freeze up, which people who trained for years still do.

Excuse me for being skeptical that a TKD coach would know jack shit about hands-only fighting compared to an actual boxer.

I have idiot. I did 4 years of HANDS ONLY sparring, because the TKD coach wanted better hands in his students.
That’s not boxing experience. Also I am sure if we looked at those 4 years they were probably inconsistent and and the training methods poor.
Are you just repping the TKD thing because three months of inconsistent training in a beginner group, mixed with jacking around on a pillow supported heavy bag makes your boxing wunderkin persona seem idiotic and delusional?

my first coach was a friend of a my fathers that was an old street fighter that boxed as a kid. i learnt heaps one on one training with him before i even stepped into a boxing gym. it was a good thing too because my first proper boxing coach was kinda ordinary.
Nice I have a lot of respect for old school coaches.
Somebody posted a picture on here a long time ago of these early 1900 laborers squaring off, mother fuckers looked way more knowledgeable than most dudes you see today.

It's a start. Once you instill confidence in a guy who's never fought that he can control the range, it will breed confidence, and then you can make incremental steps. The first thing is to get him to not freeze up, which people who trained for years still do.
good in theory, but what if your training a naturally aggressive fighter that doesn't what to take a backwards step.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back