Funding Master's studies in exchange for S&C prescriptions

CSpanias

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Greetings all,

I will be as brief as possible. I am an undergraduate student in the field of Sports Science and i want to advance my theoritical knowledge by completing a Msc's program in one of the best sport's universities in Europe. I am trying to get some financial help, in order to be able to conduct research in martial arts related issues, mainly BJJ and MMA, starting with my Master thesis and aftewards with a doctoral level thesis again martial arts related.

I have created a fundraiser to help me do this and in exchange for any donation i am happy to discuss and prescribe an individualized S&C program for your needs. I have worked with a bunch of Greek and French athletes so far and i am practising the sport of BJJ myself.

If you know anyone that could be interested in funding "indirectly" my future research, please let him know about this!

For more information, visit my crowfunding link: https://gogetfunding.com/funding-martial-art-masters-studies/.

Thank you all in advance.

Regards,
Spanias C.

Out of curiosity: How can you show to potential backers that the S&C programs you are prescribing are any good?

Out of curiosity: How can you show to potential backers that the S&C programs you are prescribing are any good?
Greetings Miaou,

I have invested in sport studies a bunch of years. I am finishing my second bachelor degree (titled "Training for Sports") in the Sport's field in about one month (you can see what, where etc in the link).

I can't actually "show" in anyway that my prescriptions will be good, you are right about that. But i dare you to imagine how would be to invest formal education in your "hobby" for 6+ years and be passionate about it so that you could made anything to rearch your goals. For sure, it cannot be bad!

Training prescription should be tailored in athlete's personal and sport's needs, and not everything works at anyone with a similar way. As a result, no S&C coach can "show" you beforehand that their prescription will be "perfect" because a "perfect" prescription simply does not exist.

I can discuss with anyone their personal and sport's needs and take the time to explain in detail what and why i am suggesting this or that in my program prescription.

I hope that i answered your question!

Greetings Miaou,

I have invested in sport studies a bunch of years. I am finishing my second bachelor degree (titled "Training for Sports") in the Sport's field in about one month (you can see what, where etc in the link).

I can't actually "show" in anyway that my prescriptions will be good, you are right about that. But i dare you to imagine how would be to invest formal education in your "hobby" for 6+ years and be passionate about it so that you could made anything to rearch your goals. For sure, it cannot be bad!

Training prescription should be tailored in athlete's personal and sport's needs, and not everything works at anyone with a similar way. As a result, no S&C coach can "show" you beforehand that their prescription will be "perfect" because a "perfect" prescription simply does not exist.

I can discuss with anyone their personal and sport's needs and take the time to explain in detail what and why i am suggesting this or that in my program prescription.

I hope that i answered your question!
I'm fully in support of you finding a way to continue your studies, while helping other people. It's just that my guess is that you're not going to find a lot of people to fund you if you don't have a way to show your programs are actually good. There's a ton of people who've studied phys ed and sports science... not all of them are good coaches (I'd argue most aren't).

Maybe samples of programs, explaining how they are"tailored" to fit the particular athlete's needs? Or a video with training highlights of athletes (or you even) following your programming? Or a case study of a successful athlete and how you've helped them improve (or even numbers/before-after pics/etc of you own success)? Or at least a few testimonials or something? In short, you have to find a more effective way to promote your stuff, bro.

Just saying.

I'm fully in support of you finding a way to continue your studies, while helping other people. It's just that my guess is that you're not going to find a lot of people to fund you if you don't have a way to show your programs are actually good. There's a ton of people who've studied phys ed and sports science... not all of them are good coaches (I'd argue most aren't).

Maybe samples of programs, explaining how they are"tailored" to fit the particular athlete's needs? Or a video with training highlights of athletes (or you even) following your programming? Or a case study of a successful athlete and how you've helped them improve (or even numbers/before-after pics/etc of you own success)? Or at least a few testimonials or something? In short, you have to find a more effective way to promote your stuff, bro.

Just saying.

You are totally right in most of the things you 've said. I upload some additional pictures from my S&C prescriptions and some highlights from MMA athletes i train. Feel free to visit the link! Thank you for the on point comments!

Would funding this so-called master studies aid me in finding the missing link to Tosa whereabouts?

You know Tosa?
Dude!
And his name is Aiden?
Even duder!

I don't know him-know him, I have some mutual friends. I don't think he'd be too opposed if I msg'd him on FB to see if he had any interest in coming back

Back