Funk Music.

Some MonoNeon funk...

Was just thinking about how Robert Trujillo is one of my bass hero's.

With Stephen Perkins on drums.

Was just thinking about how Robert Trujillo is one of my bass hero's.

With Stephen Perkins on drums.

Dude, that brings back great memories.

I have so much respect for Robert. He has an amazing reputation in the music industry, just a cool, stand up guy. He's the reason that awesome documentary 'Jaco' was made. I was so happy when he landed the Metallica gig, knowing it meant big money and opportunity for him...not that he's all about that, but still, he deserves it.

Now, he has a son, a mirror image of him, storming the scene. So cool. I can only imagine how proud he is. The kid is adorable, and clearly has his head screwed tight on his shoulders.

Dude, that brings back great memories.

I have so much respect for Robert. He has an amazing reputation in the music industry, just a cool, stand up guy. He's the reason that awesome documentary 'Jaco' was made. I was so happy when he landed the Metallica gig, knowing it meant big money and opportunity for him...not that he's all about that, but still, he deserves it.

Now, he has a son, a mirror image of him, storming the scene. So cool. I can only imagine how proud he is. The kid is adorable, and clearly has his head screwed tight on his shoulders.

Yeah, a few months back I saw Nate Diaz posted on his Insta that he ran into Robert and his son at the Venice Beach skate park. So I clicked the link to Tye's Insta and watched several videos of him shredding (both on bass and on board). Brought a smile to my face.

I've been listening to them a lot lately and it's amazing just how many well known songs Kool and the Gang have.

I've been listening to them a lot lately and it's amazing just how many well known songs Kool and the Gang have.

Totally agree. Hugely underrated band.

I had to add this in here...

da5298fcc4f82d06d3337ee0ef87b8db.gif

check out this brazilian/british collab. They have two albuns and they're lit

there's this DJ called Amerigo Gazaway who does these mashups/remixes... De La Soul + Fela Kuti for me is a clear win

I’m happy I found this thread. I’m going to try and get into funk. I have a collection of my father’s old funk records and I YouTubed a couple of the artists the other day.

check out this brazilian/british collab. They have two albuns and they're lit

there's this DJ called Amerigo Gazaway who does these mashups/remixes... De La Soul + Fela Kuti for me is a clear win

Yeah, man. Some great tracks there!

We need some J-Dilla in this thread...

Back