Furi

DoMeFavors

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

An all boss battle game that is a cross between Afro Samurai and Tron.

With Furi out today for PlayStation 4 and PC, developer The Game Bakers has released the launch trailer, giving you a look at the bosses and gameplay featured in the all-boss combat-action game.

Priced at $24.99/€24.99 and taking up 3.4GB, Furi is free to download for PlayStation Plus members until Tuesday, August 2.

Furi is all about the tension of one-on-one fights against deadly adversaries,” the description reads. “Built to be ultra-intense and ultra-responsive, Furi offers players a unique mix of fast-paced sword fighting, dual-stick shooting, charged power shots and well-timed counter attacks.”

The Game Bakers’ Emeric Thoa adds:

Furi has been inspired by Japanese games such as No More Heroes, Metal Gear Solid and Godhand, and is the result of my desire to capture the combined moment of fright, passion and adrenaline you feel when in a fight. Furi is a skill-based game. The diversity of opponents and attack patterns is there to make the player refine his or her skills and get better and better, instead of increasing the character’s stats or his weapons. Ultimately, feeling your skills improve, as a player, is what feels best in a video game.

Also has an original soundtrack available to buy.
http://furi.bandcamp.com/

I'm downloading it now.. I was actually planning on buying it and found out today it would be free, which is awesome.

and the soundtrack is great from what I've heard so far.

Going to give it a try as soon as it's done, I've been really looking forward to this game.

It looks pretty clean. I love boss battle and unique aesthetics. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Definitely going to get this eventually. Too many games on my backlog right now.

I read that the game is ridiculously difficult, and not in a good Dark Souls way.

So.... in a good way? In a fair way?

I felt Dark Souls was fair. The review I read made it seem like Furi prided itself on being difficult to the point where it was more infuriating than fun.

Will definitely have to download this since it looks great and is free for PS+ members. Thanks for sharing!

I felt Dark Souls was fair. The review I read made it seem like Furi prided itself on being difficult to the point where it was more infuriating than fun.
Souls are definitely manageable once you get the hang of it. I'm curious now about what makes this game so unfair. Is it the mechanics or just really difficult boss design with tiny openings?

I didn't know it was free to PS+ members. Their free games normally suck but I might check this out.

Souls are definitely manageable once you get the hang of it. I'm curious now about what makes this game so unfair. Is it the mechanics or just really difficult boss design with tiny openings?

I didn't know it was free to PS+ members. Their free games normally suck but I might check this out.
I just killed the first boss and I'm loving it. I don't know how much harder the game gets, but the tutorial was difficult for me and I felt accomplished besting it. It was on me when I died, but we'll see as the game goes on. I'm really warming up to the sword play. And the shooting is fun, almost a bullet hell game.

Last edited:
And PS+ has great games for free. Rocket League, the new Metal Gear Prequel, STFU, Limbo, Super Meat Boy, and more. And I haven't even had it since launch. I love my PS4 library.

It's really fun. I've only played the first boss/intro bit so far.. very intense game.

Controls are great. Rewards focus and reaction.. maybe that's why people are finding it too hard.

If you have plus, it's free so better to make your own opinion. Games like this, if the reviewer sucks, the review will reflect that. The game is tough, but rewarding. I wouldn't say it's unfair tough, yet.

If you have plus, it's free so better to make your own opinion. Games like this, if the reviewer sucks, the review will reflect that. The game is tough, but rewarding. I wouldn't say it's unfair tough, yet.

Yeah it's been downloading. Didn't realize it was free.

It's currently at 78 average review score on Metacritic. Not bad for a niche game.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/furi

Speedruns, all the different endings, and boss by boss videos already up on youtube. I won't post them but easy to find for those interested.

Here is the complete soundtrack. There are also videos with each individual song in separate videos.

Put it on download! Will give it a play in a few hours and tell you guys how it goes.

It's currently at 78 average review score on Metacritic. Not bad for a niche game.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/furi

Speedruns, all the different endings, and boss by boss videos already up on youtube. I won't post them but easy to find for those interested.

Here is the complete soundtrack. There are also videos with each individual song in separate videos.

Nice. Sounds like Hotline Miami.

Keep in mind that when you're outside of fights controlling the guy,. you can hit X to auto walk where you're supposed to go.

Keep in mind that when you're outside of fights controlling the guy,. you can hit X to auto walk where you're supposed to go.
Just did the first boss fight and was really fun but I was like wtf when my dude just kept walking and walking.....

Is there save points or anything?

Beat the first boss, not too difficult. Hope we can save between levels though.

Back