Further proof that Lomachenko is the greatest athlete of his era

@cuban23 The video you posted just borrowed home video footage from the one that was uploaded to his dad's YouTube channel years ago. Loma was a youth regional Sambo champion that could've competed for the national championship, was also a Judoka and Greco-Roman wrestler. Your video doesn't mention Sambo but shows him beating opponents competing in it. Here is the full video. It illustrates not just his athleticism but most importantly his technique.

Lol, Cuban done went to the dark side. Where is the highlight reel from Laura's last shit show fight ??

Not only is Loma a sambo practitioner but so is Kovelov. Wonder if GGG can roll ad well.

I’m really impressed with Loma skills. In the video posted by Kovalev’s man, he shows a variety of techniques including sutemi-waza (sacrificing techniques, e.g, yoko gake in combination with sase tsuri komi ashi, which is a leg technique or ashi waza), and te-waza (hand techniques, e.g., te guruma and morote seoinage). Usually, judokas specialize in one technique (tokui waza), but the more complete athletes may have several of them.

But most impressive to me is his capability of effectively countering at the end of being projected by his oponent. I’ve only seen this ability in elite judokas and wrestlers (of olympic caliber)... In addition, his quick reaction time, strength and sense of orientation and positioning (even in flight after being attack/projected) is exceptional. No wonder his footwork and sense of position in boxing is superiror.

It is certainly a pitty Loma is not in MMA, because his boxing skills is but a third or a fourth of what he can really offer to combat sport.

You guys actually want to see Loma go to MMA? To me its about as appealing as Terence Crawford playing baseball.

Daley Thompson was and still is a much better athlete than Loma.

End of thread.

Pfft

"He wrestled in high school" >
Only comment with common sense^
I’ve seen rampage toss people around as a teen more impressive than any “athletic” feat that Loma did as an adult. His bjj sparring partners say he used to stand up while getting arm barred and slam them with one hand.

Loma has great athleticism dont get me wrong, but ita certainly not freak of nature level... his technique is what geta him the W.

Lol, Cuban done went to the dark side. Where is the highlight reel from Laura's last shit show fight ??

Not only is Loma a sambo practitioner but so is Kovelov. Wonder if GGG can roll ad well.
Gennady wresled and did judo as a kid.

never seen a guy throw so many punches looking for openings. he's a rare breed.

Lomachenko isn't even close to the greatest of this era, unless you're creating some imaginary era that only includes his weight class and certain dates. The guy doesn't even have a signature win and never avenged a loss to a guy he cherry picked.

Lomachenko isn't even close to the greatest of this era, unless you're creating some imaginary era that only includes his weight class and certain dates. The guy doesn't even have a signature win and never avenged a loss to a guy he cherry picked.
He just completely dominated one of the best fighters of this era and made it look extremely easy. Oh I know Rigo was old but he didn't look any slower, apparently he was out of shape but there are plenty of videos showing him looking lean and in great shape prior to the fight, and he was 2 weight classes smaller, but Loma didn't win that way he did it with slickness not size and brute strength. Size didn't come into it. And Rigo has fought bigger men then Lomachenko before and it didn't bother him then.

And you wouldn't give Lomachenko credit for beating Salido now because he's shot. He chased that fight for a while so it's not like he wasn't trying to avenge the loss. Salido blatantly ducked Lomachenko several times.

And anyway the OP didn't claim Lomachenko was the best boxer of this era he said greatest athlete so your point is moot.

he said greatest athlete, as in most athletic. That's still a claim I would challenge, but it's different from saying he's the greatest of this era (and "this era" is pretty vaguely defined).

also, hard to avenge a loss to Salido when Salido so blatantly ducked him.

he said greatest athlete, as in most athletic. That's still a claim I would challenge, but it's different from saying he's the greatest of this era (and "this era" is pretty vaguely defined).

also, hard to avenge a loss to Salido when Salido so blatantly ducked him.
If people want to say they believe he is the most gifted, then fine, but thats not what defines "greatness" in the sport of boxing.

Back