FX's LEGION (Season 3 Premieres June 24, 2019)

Finally watched the season finale (episode 8) yesterday. Good episode. Episode 7 was better though.

The slow mo action scenes are the show's weak point. The action would have been more effective if it was done in real time.

Love the zombiefied look of Lenny.

Hope they replace Amber Midthunder next season.

I like the twist at the end where Burned Face Man made an uneasy alliance with David and the school.

I had a feeling Jemaine Clement would be the new host for Shadow King because it would have been a waste to not see Jemaine's evil side. Mark my words, Jemaine will be a very creepy, sinister Shadow King next season.

I really thought they'd go in new direction for S2 like Fargo does, but Hawley confirms what you're feeling--this was a helpful article.

Hawley teased that the parasite will return next year, saying: “There’s going to be something very complicated about going to war with yourself, really. We’ve now created a villain for David that is worthy of building a whole story around.”

Jemaine Clement guest stars as Oliver, who Hawley says is “rather critical to [the] story” in season two.

“I’ve spoken to Jemaine, and he’s excited to come back, so I think we’ll see a lot of him going forward,” Hawley said.​

finished it already it was great. what's your thoughts on the show?
I thought it was great as well. Love creator Noah Hawley's visual style and music selection. The show is pretty creepy and scary at times. I like everyone in the cast except Kerry (Amber Midthunder), her acting feels amateurish and her bravado posturing is a turn off. The show drags a bit, but doesn't really affect the overall quality. The fighting sequence, especially the slow mo ones, is the weakest part.

I wish they added a Morrocan hat on his Mojo counterpart. but that would have been a dead give away.

Amahl_Farouk_The_Shadow_King.jpg

I called Shadow King way back. It was obvious to me that was the Devil With Yellow Eyes' true identity.:)

Last edited:
I don't normally follow awards, but I just saw that Legion got zero emmy nominations. Nothing. WTF? Aubrey Plaza at least deserved a nomination.

I don't normally follow awards, but I just saw that Legion got zero emmy nominations. Nothing. WTF? Aubrey Plaza at least deserved a nomination.
The pilot should have picked up some writing and directing nominations too IMO

Update: July 20, 2017

Said Taghmaoui Cast as the Main Villain for FX's LEGION Season 2

Cj4d6nr.png

David Haller's worst nightmare just became very, very real.

Wonder Woman actor Said Taghmaoui has been cast to play the role of Amahl Farouk on Legion, the comic book drama from FX and Fargo creator Noah Hawley, based on an obscure but vibrant corner of Marvel's X-Men universe. The news was announced Thursday at the show's official San Diego Comic-Con panel.

FX describes Farouk as a "villain with a thousand faces. In his real form, he is always nattily dressed. Dapper with a thin Clark Gable-style mustache. His eyes forever hidden behind a pair of ornate sunglasses. He was hip long before there was such an idea. He can seductively hold court on any topic and in any language, but his true passion lies in the singular timeless notion of power and amassing as much of it as possible.

"It is rumored he is the spawn of the first nightmare, which is fitting because fear is his weapon of choice in exposing weakness in others. To Farouk, fear equals weakness and he fears nothing. Which is why he takes such delight in seeing others squirm — a reminder he is more powerful than them."

Although Taghmaoui is new to Legion, Farouk is very much a known quantity. He has already appeared numerous times on the show, albeit with different names (like "Lenny") and faces (like "Aubrey Plaza"). He's alternately known as the Shadow King, one of the most powerful foes in the X-Men comics, and certainly one of the more elaborate villains from Marvel's mutant stable ever adapted for live-action.

Throughout the first season, Farouk haunted and terrorized virtually everybody in the Legion cast, most memorably David (Dan Stevens), the career mental patient who discovers he might not be insane, just an insanely powerful mutant. Frighteningly enough, Farouk rivals David's own telepathic abilities, which is why he spent so much of the young man's life living inside of his head.

As of the season two finale, David was finally free from Farouk, but at what cost? The long-lost mutant Oliver Bird (Jemaine Clement) was last seen hitting the open road as the new host of the Shadow King, with Plaza's Lenny riding shotgun. How does the inclusion of Taghmaoui as yet another face for Farouk impact both Clement and Plaza's work on the show? We'll have to wait for season two to find out.

For his part, Taghmaoui is already enjoying a strong year within the comic book genre, having appeared in Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman as Sameer, one of the hero's key allies in World War I. The actor's many credits include roles in Three Kings, The Kite Runner, G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra and TV's Lost. He is repped by APA, Three Six Zero Group and Markham Frogatt & Irwin.

FX's Legion is expected to return for season two sometime in 2018.

'Legion' Casts 'Wonder Woman' Actor as Main Season 2 Villain

I can never, ever remember that guy's name, and always refer to him as Not-Clifton Gonzales Gonzales Collins Jr.

Great casting. Cat is diverse. My favorite role of his was the Iraqi in Three Kings

Is that the guy from Three Kings who's says What is the problem with Michael Jackson?

Agreed, great casting. Him and Jemaine Clement are definitely the stronger actors within the crew. I do not care for Plaza, the young girl (that turns into elderly man) and the young hipster black guy (i don't feel like googling their names) in this show.

Back