FX's LEGION (Season 3 Premieres June 24, 2019)

Comic book tv show overload

Flooding the market with crap

That may be the case for most but I'm willing to give the guys who made Fargo a chance. I'd expect it'll forgo the shitty combat in shows like shield or arrow and focus more on the nature of a world filled with superhumans.

That may be the case for most but I'm willing to give the guys who made Fargo a chance. I'd expect it'll forgo the shitty combat in shows like shield or arrow and focus more on the nature of a world filled with superhumans.
This man speaks wisdom.

Due to Noah Hawley (Fargo) in charge of this show, I'm cautiously optimistic about Legion.

Update: July 23, 2016

First Trailer for LEGION Offers First Look at X-Men Spinoff

Legion-Trailer-072316-Dragonlord.jpg

FX released a sneak peek of their upcoming X-Men series Legion at Comic-Con on Saturday. Legion follows David Haller (played by Dan Stevens), a troubled young man who may be more than human. Diagnosed as schizophrenic, David has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years. But after a strange encounter with a fellow patient, he’s confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and visions might be real.

In Marvel Comics canon, David is Professor Charles Xavier’s mutant son. Xavier has been portrayed by Patrick Stewart and James McAvoy in the X-Men franchise on the big screen, but the films have yet to introduce Haller into the cinematic universe.

The series also stars Rachel Keller, Jean Smart, Katie Aselton, Jeremie Harris, Amber Midthunder, along with Bill Irwin and Aubrey Plaza. Noah Hawley (Fargo) serves as an executive producer, along with Lauren Shuler Donner, Bryan Singer, Simon Kinberg, Jeph Loeb, Jim Chory, and John Cameron.

Legion, which is produced by FX Productions and Marvel Television, will debut its on FX in early 2017 with eight episodes.

Comic-Con: Trailer for FX’s ‘Legion’ Offers First Look at the 'X-Men' Spinoff Series

So they're allowed to say "mutant"?

I'm lost with who owns what now.

FX is owned by by the Fox Entertainment Group which is a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox, who owns 20th Century Fox.

Basically the X-Men movie rights also extend to the Fox television realm from what I understand.

FX is owned by by the Fox Entertainment Group which is a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox, who owns 20th Century Fox.

Basically the X-Men movie rights also extend to the Fox television realm from what I understand.

Man, I even looked it up quickly and didn't see Fx was owned by Fox, it said they were owned by FX LCC or something. I didn't look that carefully.

Thanks.

I've never been a fan of Legion and I think telepathy and telekinesis are kind of played out.
That being said, this show looks to be leveraging Legion's general premise; a powerful mutant with multiple personality disorder.
It also looks to be well made, so it could be interesting.

I've never been a fan of Legion and I think telepathy and telekinesis are kind of played out.
That being said, this show looks to be leveraging Legion's general premise; a powerful mutant with multiple personality disorder.

If you'd told me ten years ago that I'd only watch a super hero show if it was really good, I'd say you were crazy.

I'm watching exactly zero current super hero shows that aren't Netflix, they REALLY raised the bar. Flash, Supergirl, SHIELD, Arrow, lost interest in all of them.

And I've seen every episode of Smallville.

If you'd told me ten years ago that I'd only watch a super hero show if it was really good, I'd say you were crazy.

I'm watching exactly zero current super hero shows that aren't Netflix, they REALLY raised the bar. Flash, Supergirl, SHIELD, Arrow, lost interest in all of them.

Agree. I do like the Flash (but its S1>S2 and I have a feeling S3 will be really bad).

Legion's powers go far beyond just telepathy and tk, he warps reality. And each of his personalities controls a different aspect of his powers. He's one of those characters that has the potential to be done really well, or down right terrible. I'm keeping me fingers crossed.

That's nothing I owned this on VHS:
9b595a89c3f4be0ba22280590c52f061.jpg

And was probably one of 8 people who watched this:
MV5BNDdiZWM5YWItNzY0OS00YTU1LTg2OTYtMGY4Nzc2NzQxYjczXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_.jpg

Legion's powers go far beyond just telepathy and tk, he warps reality. And each of his personalities controls a different aspect of his powers. He's one of those characters that has the potential to be done really well, or down right terrible. I'm keeping me fingers crossed.
I know that, he also has pyrokinesis. I think were mainly going to see TK and tp because they're budget friendly .

Back