FX's LEGION (Season 3 Premieres June 24, 2019)

this looks interesting ill give it go when it airs next year i loved fargo

Update: December 20, 2016

New Mind-Blowing Poster for FX's X-Men Spinoff LEGION

C0JRMCnWQAARAHo.jpg

I'm really hoping this doesn't suck, but am not getting good vibes.

That pretty much sums up the mind of David in one image.

I'll probably end up watching this just because it's X-Men-related, but I'm just not feeling the choice for the main character. Legion is the best character they could decide on? Really?

Update: January 6, 2017

New Explosive "Sunset" Promo for FX's LEGION

Update: January 16, 2017

LEGION Producer Says the Show is Separate from X-Men Movie Universe

Legion-Dan-Stevens-011617-Dragonlord.png

IGN: What are the challenges in having this other, larger X-Men franchise? Will this be within that universe, or are you making it separate?

Lauren Shuler Donner: "No, we're making it separate. We're our own world."

IGN: So even if it touches upon Xavier later, it's not the Patrick Stewart and James McAvoy versions?

Donner: "Yes, we're in a different world. Exactly."

IGN: Why go that route? Particularly because Matt Nix said his FOX X-Men project is a part of that world?

Donner: "Matt's is much more a part of just the world in terms of there are mutants, mutants are hated and there are Sentinels -- though very different from what we've seen before. You feel like you're here in the X-Men world. With Legion, we're our own universe. It gives Noah the freedom to do what he wants to do. Because we play with so many different timelines, and we rebooted and not really rebooted and all that, we felt like, OK, we're going to throw it out there and hope the fans accept it."

IGN: More in a creative sense, are you moving forward leaning more into the idea of having standalone story versus connecting everything in a larger cinematic universe?

Donner: "The cinematic universe will not worry about Legion. They will not worry about these TV worlds as all. They will just continue in the way that they have been continuing, and there is some great stuff that we are developing. I can just say it's going to be new and different, and yet Legion and our other show, we're not going to get in each other's way."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01...cer-on-how-xavier-fits-in-and-future-tv-plans

Just saw a promo for this during the Packers/Falcons game and, seeing it was X-Men related looked some more into it.

If (and it is a big if, I know) they can find a balance between showing the mental health issues in a non-demonising light, whilst also not being super-preachy, this could be interesting.

But I also have a bad feeling it is gonna go for "I'm so crazy look at me, look at me.... aww, now I am sad and brooding!" rather than anything actually clever.

Prove me wrong, FX, prove me wrong.

Update: January 27, 2017

Inside Look Featurette at Season One for FX's LEGION

ready 4 this tonight hope it turns out good

Legion premieres tonight.

Reviews have been very positive so far.

"Bold, intelligent, and visually arresting, Legion is a masterfully surreal and brilliantly daring departure from traditional superhero conceits."

Sorry for the triple post. Had to delete the other two.

I'm liking what I'm seeing from the commercials.

Legion premieres tonight.

Reviews have been very positive so far.

"Bold, intelligent, and visually arresting, Legion is a masterfully surreal and brilliantly daring departure from traditional superhero conceits."
I have to set a reminder on my dvr

Looks like the first episode is 90 mins, cool.

Oh wow didn't realize this was coming out so soon. Going to watch this ASAP.

I'm gonna DVR it.

Back