G&S Boxing gloves?

jackjohnson

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I need some new gloves and I'm looking into G&S ones. anybody have a pair? any experiences
G%26S%20150.jpg

some say they are good value for money but some say they are cheap and flimsy. dunno if i want to pay shipping to UK for them... are they worth it?

They use to be handmade in NYC, but now I think they are made in China.

Figured instead of making a new thread I'd just post in here.. I just ordered the lace-up pair of G&S gloves and the groin protector they have on sale for $25! Will post pics and everything when they arrive!

Interested to see what sort of lining they're using in those lace-ups now

Interested to see what sort of lining they're using in those lace-ups now

That is one of the things I'm looking forward to! I remembered hearing about them back on boxingforum a few years back and hearing that the lining is similar to Shevlin (which I loved!) I'm excited to try them out for sure

Hoping they are still made like that, they sound promising but 65 bucks isn't much of a loss if I don't like em.

If you guys like them, I am getting a pair myself.

I work in NYC and had a pair of a generic type of glove from G&S (in 20oz) a while ago. Nothing impressive, but not bad either. I am hoping the top of their line as you ordered will be a lot better. Keep us posted!

Best of luck.

That is one of the things I'm looking forward to! I remembered hearing about them back on boxingforum a few years back and hearing that the lining is similar to Shevlin (which I loved!) I'm excited to try them out for sure

Lol, that was my review from years back comparing them to my Shevlins.

I'm just hearing about the news that they are closing. Flores, Shevlin, and now G&S. That's too bad.

Sorry for bumping an old thread but does anyone who is running G&S now?
I noticed the homepage of their website has a message saying that they will be launching a new website soon and you can provide your email to sign up for updates. Also, despite this message on the homepage, you can still go to the subpages and see the individual products they sell. Anyway, I sent an email to the address listed on the website regarding a pair of shoes I was interested in. Someone replied and mentioned that they are under new ownership now and the original family is not involved, the store in Manhattan remains closed, they will be launching a new website soon, and you can still order products from their website. I'm just a little apprehensive of ordering anything. Does anyone know anything about the company now and if their products are any good?

There new line of G&S gloves are really good. Just bought a pair of 16oz Velcro and they have a nice pop when hitting the heavy bag. Great wrist support and very well padded.

Back