Gaethje's Karma...

TrueFightFan

Fight Purist
Banned
Reaction score
I went into the fight rooting for Gaethje but after the first eye poke, my support started to slip. I was still ok and semi-cheering him on but then the second one happened and I saw the pattern: He would get in trouble and then throw the dirty shot. After the second one I nearly dropped my drink yelling at the damned TV like a fool. I didn't know how the hell Poirier would pull it off with his half-broke leg but the Karma gods prevailed. Still a Gaethje fan and I know when the going gets tough, sometimes you do desperate things but he will be back. Hopefully with better head movement skills.

That was a dick move by Gaethje. Clearly deliberate.

Lost my respect. Glad he got murked.

Using your face as a catchers mitt didn’t help his karma any either

I went into the fight rooting for Gaethje but after the first eye poke, my support started to slip. I was still ok and semi-cheering him on but then the second one happened and I saw the pattern: He would get in trouble and then throw the dirty shot. After the second one I nearly dropped my drink yelling at the damned TV like a fool. I didn't know how the hell Poirier would pull it off with his half-broke leg but the Karma gods prevailed. Still a Gaethje fan and I know when the going gets tough, sometimes you do desperate things but he will be back. Hopefully with better head movement skills.
Just playing devils advocate here, but what makes you guys think it was intentional? Didnt see too much of the replay but from what I did see it looked natural and in the moment. The entire fight was pretty back and forth apart from the 3rd,so.

Just playing devils advocate here, but what makes you guys think it was intentional? Didnt see too much of the replay but from what I did see it looked natural and in the moment. The entire fight was pretty back and forth apart from the 3rd,so.
In the second eye-poke, his fist was closed when he started to throw a punch and he extended his fingers along the way. It was clear.

I say poke away until UFC starts taking points off for every poke. Dustin got smart and thought, "hey, I also get a free poke, why not use the guys cheat move against him, i won't be penalized". and sure enough as soon as Dustin poked him where it counted, he knocked him out.. serves Gaethje right!!! John Jones used it to win many fights and they just patted him on the back...

Both times that he threw them, he was hurt or breathing heavy and both shots were how they teach you in women's self defense classes to throw they eye poke.

I say poke away until UFC starts taking points off for every poke. Dustin got smart and thought, "hey, I also get a free poke, why not use the guys cheat move against him, i won't be penalized". and sure enough as soon as Dustin poked him where it counted, he knocked him out.. serves Gaethje right!!! John Jones used it to win many fights and they just patted him on the back...
Dude, Justin's vision is like 50/20 and 200/20 or something horrible like that. He said he was legally blind in an interview so I really doubt the eye pokes did anything. I think his style is a product of his mentality and his physical deficits.

Dude, Justin's vision is like 50/20 and 200/20 or something horrible like that. He said he was legally blind in an interview so I really doubt the eye pokes did anything. I think his style is a product of his mentality and his physical deficits.
Well fuck it, then... put a bandana on his face and send him in, karate kid style!

Back