Gal Gadot reprimanded by the disabled over kind words for Stephen Hawking

I agree that it is missing the point of the sentiment, but just because someone meant well doesn't mean you can express criticism about the implications of what they said.

And empathy isn't the same thing as pity, and I think a lot of the pity people feel toward the disabled is out of a fear of what it would feel like to be in the shoes of a disabled person, and they don't even want to entertain those feelings. A few people in here have said that they would rather be dead than be disabled, it is that scary to them.

Certainly, people can criticize anything, as they can find offense in anything also.

Yeah you could be right about pity, I could likely be wrong that empathetic people would be more likely to feel that. Don't know. Sympathy perhaps.

And sure people tend to feel insecure at the thought of being significantly disabled. Especially something to the degree of ALS. No doubt.

that could also lead people to feel sympathy though, not just pity I'd say. But, I suppose sympathy could also be unwanted by some. I'm sure it varies by individual.

Certainly, people can criticize anything, as they can find offense in anything also.

Yeah you could be right about pity, I could likely be wrong that empathetic people would be more likely to feel that. Don't know. Sympathy perhaps.

And sure people tend to feel insecure at the thought of being significantly disabled. Especially something to the degree of ALS. No doubt.

that could also lead people to feel sympathy though, not just pity I'd say. But, I suppose sympathy could also be unwanted by some. I'm sure it varies by individual.

yeah, and I think sympathy is very different from pity though too, I don't know that many folks would feel offended by someone feeling sympathetic towards the extra challenges/stress they have to face, but not many folks like the feeling of being pitied.

Don't care about what she said but not a big deal people are having a discussion about it

So theses "activists " are insulted by something like this.

And they wonder why people with common sense don't take them seriously.

Nothing she indicated she thought he wanted to die.

However having been around people that suffered in the end they reach a point where they are relived to let go and the suffering to stop.

Does anyone with a mind believe he didn't suffer and would have wanted to be cured if it was possible.

He didn't accomplish what he did because of his disability he did it in spite of his disability .

Being disabled is a disability by it's very nature. Lots of people with disabilities live great lifes and do great things despite their disability .

He tweet was meant in a good way and if you don't understand that you are stupid.

yeah, and I think sympathy is very different from pity though too, I don't know that many folks would feel offended by someone feeling sympathetic towards the extra challenges/stress they have to face, but not many folks like the feeling of being pitied.

Yep I think that is true.

Just goes to show the depth of post-Trump liberal implosion when leftist darling Gal Gadot gets slammed. <45>

It's hilarious watching these people completely destroy themselves

Ahh, a real classic. Some people complaining about something and then a bunch of other people complaining about people complaining, etc.

A good combination of people being easily offended and people that are extremely sensitive about people having opinions.

It's not about people having opinions, it's about those people with opinions attacking someone who had zero ill intent calling her the usual liberal buzzwords unjustifiably and as usual, incorrectly.

So theses "activists " are insulted by something like this.

And they wonder why people with common sense don't take them seriously.

Nothing she indicated she thought he wanted to die.

However having been around people that suffered in the end they reach a point where they are relived to let go and the suffering to stop.

Does anyone with a mind believe he didn't suffer and would have wanted to be cured if it was possible.

He didn't accomplish what he did because of his disability he did it in spite of his disability .

Being disabled is a disability by it's very nature. Lots of people with disabilities live great lifes and do great things despite their disability .

He tweet was meant in a good way and if you don't understand that you are stupid.

He’s not cured. He’s dead. I’m not sure what being cured has to do with it.

That’s why some people are justifiably bothered. She basically congratulated him on being dead and framed it as being an improvement from being alive and disabled. It’s actually pretty messed up.

13 pages is too much attention to give to these idiots.

He’s not cured. He’s dead. I’m not sure what being cured has to do with it.

That’s why some people are justifiably bothered. She basically congratulated him on being dead and framed it as being an improvement from being alive and disabled. It’s actually pretty messed up.

Well isn't an improvement after all? He doesn't have to suffer in that disability anymore. I'm sure if you ask Stephen Hawking if he wanted a cure to his debilitating disease, he would say of course. No question he'd like to be able-bodied.

i’m surprised atheists didn’t call her out for being a Godist

Hawking was an example of the triumph of the spirit over disabilities. The Man used the one working muscle he had, and communicated via that muscle under his eye. But it is stupid to take offense at the notion that he would be healed and absent his disabilities if he could, either in life or the afterlife.

Not every who believes in an afterlife is a Christian. And not even all Christians think that atheists are necessarily going to hell.
This one right here doesn't. I don't think God sends good people to hell.

This one right here doesn't. I don't think God sends good people to hell.

Out of curiosity, how do you interpret the verses that clearly seem to indicate that unbelievers will not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven?

Back