Gallagher promised titleshot if he wins at Bellator 204

strongstylekarate

Nokia will beat Apple 2019
Banned
Reaction score
Does he deserved that titleshot if he beats
Ricky "Antonio Banderas" Bandejas?

A future fight Bellator Bantamweight Champ Darrion Cadwell?

Does he deserved that titleshot if he beats
Ricky "Antonio Banderas" Bandejas?

A future fight Bellator Bantamweight Champ Darrion Cadwell?

I’m sure they mean a fight for a vacant title. He isn’t ready for Caldwell and 145 has better prospects than him, let alone challenging the top guys in the division.

He’ll fight either a level prospect(best case scenario), an aging vet, or whatever Japanese BW is killing it in Shooto or the like for the vacant title. They’re getting ready to make Pitbull vs Caldwell. Gallagher won’t see Caldwell anytime soon unless Caldwell somehow bricks against Lahat.

I’m sure they mean a fight for a vacant title. He isn’t ready for Caldwell and 145 has better prospects than him, let alone challenging the top guys in the division.

He’ll fight either a level prospect(best case scenario), an aging vet, or whatever Japanese BW is killing it in Shooto or the like for the vacant title. They’re getting ready to make Pitbull vs Caldwell. Gallagher won’t see Caldwell anytime soon unless Caldwell somehow bricks against Lahat.
Is the fight between Cadwell-Lahat for the #1 contender?

Is the fight between Cadwell-Lahat for the #1 contender?

Not officially but I think that is where they’re headed with it. It makes sense. Pitbull has fought the most established Bellator FWs multiple times each now. There’s other matchups like Sanchez or A rubber match with Pat Curran(if he still fights) but Caldwell is more ideal. Also, 145 has more credible fights for Caldwell. I mentioned in another thread that I think they want 135 to be a vehicle for Gallagher for obvious reasons. They want a Conor-lite. There really is no chain of command there if Caldwell vacates and Mayday and Dantas likely to be out indefinetely.

Last edited:
I mean, I guess it's going to be for the vacant title or against Caldwell if McDonald is out for too long.

Fuck it, I'd rather see Gallagher fight for the title rather than him vs Anthony Taylor or some shit.

Lol, Gallagher isn't ready. I think it is suspicious that he moved weight class at the same time Caldwell did.

Things couldn't have worked out any better for Gallagher in terms of going to a weight class with no Talent. Works out for Bellator to I guess if it turns out he has a draw

With Mayday out, i should not be complaining about this...
Caldwell-MiniConor can make some money in the UK for Bellator if they make the fight thrte

Not officially but I think that is where they’re headed with it. It makes sense. Pitbull has fought the most established Bellator FWs multiple times each now. There’s other matchups like Sanchez or A rubber match with Pat Curran(if he still fights) but Caldwell is more ideal. Also, 145 has more credible fights for Caldwell. I mentioned in another thread that I think they want 135 to be a vehicle for Gallagher for obvious reasons. They want a Conor-lite. There really is no chain of command there if Caldwell vacates and Mayday and Dantas likely to be out indefinetely.
I believe Caldwell when he says that he is taking the lahat fight to stay busy, but this makes perfect sense. Not far-fetched by any stretch.

I’m sure Coker is itching to throw a belt on Conor lite. Having Caldwell out of the picture would make it that much easier for James.

Let’s be honest though; james ain’t beating Caldwell any time soon. I doubt that he could beat the top of either division to be honest. He is a decent grappler. Nothing special anywhere. Still, BW is much more shallow than FW, with only a couple top dogs.

personally, I’d like to see James get smoked by Caldwell, so I’m hoping Caldwell goes back down.

Gallagher sucks. He’s slow, unathletic, and extremely average in the one department he’s supposed to be great at: grappling. Also the dude has never finished anybody with strikes. To make things even worse he acts like his grappling will make up for it or something. Imagine him vs Caldwell or someone like Pico. Ask yourself, what can Gallagher do to win a fight vs them? He can’t strike, his wrestling is amateur compared to Caldwell and Pico. This dude would get fried in less than 2 mins.

Anybody ever wonder why Conor never trains with Gallagher or posts pics training with him at least? You would think if Gallagher were on the cusp of championship level he would be a more than adequate training partner for McGregor no? I’ve never seen them spar or do anything for his camps or anything aside from a pic here or there. If Gallagher were as nice as he says, him and Conor would be tight like how he is with Lobov.

Gallagher sucks. He’s slow, unathletic, and extremely average in the one department he’s supposed to be great at: grappling. Also the dude has never finished anybody with strikes. To make things even worse he acts like his grappling will make up for it or something. Imagine him vs Caldwell or someone like Pico. Ask yourself, what can Gallagher do to win a fight vs them? He can’t strike, his wrestling is amateur compared to Caldwell and Pico. This dude would get fried in less than 2 mins.

Anybody ever wonder why Conor never trains with Gallagher or posts pics training with him at least? You would think if Gallagher were on the cusp of championship level he would be a more than adequate training partner for McGregor no? I’ve never seen them spar or do anything for his camps or anything aside from a pic here or there. If Gallagher were as nice as he says, him and Conor would be tight like how he is with Lobov.

A bit too harsh, he doesn't suck. But he definately isn't a legit champ or contendor.

Back