GAMBIT Movie (Gore Verbinski No Longer Directing; Lizzy Caplan Joins Cast)

I would be interested in seeing Craig do a heel turn, but I'm not sure this is the role.

lol, who ever liked Cyclops? They turned him into a badass later on, but in the Clairmont (IMO glory) days he was a pantywaist.
I'm a big Cyclops fan and I thought his best portrayal and being a badass was with the Claremont run.

When I think of badass Cyclops I think of the Morrison period. I know the Whedon page gets a lot of love, but Cyclops was Ultimate Boss under Morrison.

ada9021aca80074043a2952cda77882e.jpg

I would be interested in seeing Craig do a heel turn, but I'm not sure this is the role.
It's stuff like this that makes me feel old.

To me Craig IS the heel, and Bond has been stint as a face. His gargoyle-like, goblin face.

Unrelated, this 3D rendering:

22254894_1783526435009460_6224698400168543446_o.jpg

Am I the only X-Men fan in the world who really doesn't like Gambit?

Such a ponce.
I think Claremont era/Wolverine fans tend to dislike Gambit, even though I'm not certain whether he played a tiny part in his creation (could have been Scott Lobdell, maybe?). While people love Jim Lee undoubtedly, Gambit represents that 90s fad type character that wasn't supposed to last very long.

Last edited:
I'm a big Cyclops fan and I thought his best portrayal and being a badass was with the Claremont run.
I'm going from the Animated show which I believe adapted a lot of those storylines. I guess Cyclops just never stood out as a memorable part of those (though I guess his dad was figured somewhere in there)

Semi-recently they had him become almost a terrorist, didn't they? That was like the first thing to ever get my attention about the character.

I would not expect Daniel Craig to be Sinister, but holy crap he could be amazing.

Daniel Craig. First Oscar Issac as Apoc, now Craig as Sinister?

Why the run on manlet super villains all the sudden? It’s bad enough watching RDJ run around on boxes to fake height in the movies.

When Dinklage was Trask, I knew consequences would never been the same again.

That's a cool pic, but he still just shoots eye lasers, right?

That and other than actually being interesting/leading a revolution of sorts, all kinds of character progression.

Have to confess I'm not really that interested in this movie. But Craig is a good actor and could probably nail it as Sinister. If they give him a decent script at least.

Update: October 5, 2017

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN's Gore Verbinski to Direct X-Men Spinoff GAMBIT

9BArMGU.jpg

Deadline reports that Gore Verbinski is making a deal to direct Gambit at Fox. The X-Men spinoff has been a high priority at the studio, since Channing Tatum stepped up to star in the film as Remy LeBeau, the suave mutant from New Orleans who can turn objects into projectiles. That includes a deck of cards.

Free Association’s Tatum and Reid Carolin are producing the film with X-Men overseers Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg. Josh Zetumer wrote the script. The film formerly had Doug Liman and Rupert Wyatt attached, and the character was first seen in a cameo played by in a small dose by Taylor Kitsch in 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

The movie project comes as Fox has been expanding the big-screen presence of its X-Men properties, with 2018 seeing the release of New Mutants (set to open April 13), Deadpool 2 (June 1) and X-Men: Dark Phoenix (Nov. 2). Gambit currently has no release date.

Verbinski most recently directed A Cure For Wellness, but he’s adept at big scale films, having originated the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.

'Pirates of the Caribbean's Gore Verbinski To Direct ‘Gambit’ With Channing Tatum At Fox (Exclusive)

Craig is a terrible choice for Sinister.

This is Sinister:
GW400H300

Craig is a terrible choice for Sinister.

This is Sinister:
GW400H300
My pick for Mr. Sinister is now off the market since he is now playing classic fan-favorite X-Men character Reed Strucker.

Speaking of which, have you seen The Gifted yet? The first episode is good.

My pick for Mr. Sinister is now off the market since he is now playing classic fan-favorite X-Men character Reed Strucker.

Speaking of which, have you seen The Gifted yet? The first episode is good.
I did see the first ep and it was good(ish). I will continue to watch until Noah Bennet shows up, then I'm out.

I did see the first ep and it was good(ish). I will continue to watch until Noah Bennet shows up, then I'm out.
The Gifted is exactly like Heroes but without the frustrating dragging parts. Or maybe that was just the first episode. We'll see. But I have faith in showrunner Matt Nix. His previous show Burn Notice had a great run during the first 3-4 seasons.

The Gifted is exactly like Heroes but without the frustrating dragging parts. Or maybe that was just the first episode. We'll see. But I have faith in showrunner Matt Nix. His previous show Burn Notice had a great run during the first 3-4 seasons.
Is it racist to make all Asians teleporters?

Back