Game of Thrones discussion v25 Team White Walkers edition (NO BOOK TALK. No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most leaders/warmongerers/politicians only send other people's children to die for their wars.

At least you know Stannis is willing to sacrifice what he loves the most to try and save the rest of the world.

Most leaders/warmongerers/politicians only send other people's children to die.

At least you know Stannis is willing to sacrifice what he loves the most to try and save the rest of the world.

there are things that have no redemption, killing innocent kids is one, that is the truth

so many leaks and what not, it's becoming a job just to sift through those. Here's hoping there are enough interesting characters left over.

Most leaders/warmongerers/politicians only send other people's children to die for their wars.

He couldn't care less about the well being of the rest of the world...he's a complete remorseless psychopath.

He wants to be a king and rule,that's it.

of course, but victory can be obtained without killing kids

And maybe it's possible to rebuild an engine without getting some oil on your hands, but I've never seen it done.

In the fictional world of Westeros, Stannis and his mannises were out there in the winter, on the brink of breaking defeat. This magical shit was their last chance, and in Stannis' mind, the only choice. You can argue he shouldn't have done it, but it's not like he wanted to, he thinks he'd doing the right thing.

That's never been the case so I don't know why you keep saying it. His own pride >>> the good of the realm.

He refused to join with Renly and Robb against the Lannisters, which would've been best for the realm, out of pride.

Part of what Stannis does is out of duty. Do you think Stannis would feel that Renly and not himself was the right man to lead their army in war? Do you think Stannis would think that Renly being king over himself would be for the best of the realm? Would it be best for the realm? You're pretty much saying that the line of succession means nothing. What if say someone like Rickon thought he could do likewise and raise an army against Bran to be the head of House Stark? What if all younger brothers, bastards, or any other relative not next in line thought like that?

He's basically killed everyone who doesn't kneel before him, out of pride.

You mean the king of the wildlings who were attacking the Night's Watch?

Heck, he was about to execute Davos until Melisandre intervened.

And, Stannis thought he was doing the best thing, but Davos interfered.

This season he ignored good battle tactics and the well-being of his army because he doesn't want to be known as "the king who ran."

He did it because it was his only chance.

He couldn't care less about the well being of the rest of the world...he's a complete remorseless psychopath.

He wants to be a king and rule,that's it.

Nonsense. He already proved willing to sacrifice his simple throne aspirations to prepare for the threat in the north. Stannis is all about protecting dat kingdom.

And maybe it's possible to rebuild an engine without getting some oil on your hands, but I've never seen it done.

In the fictional world of Westeros, Stannis and his mannises were out there in the winter, on the brink of breaking defeat. This magical shit was their last chance, and in Stannis' mind, the only choice. You can argue he shouldn't have done it, but it's not like he wanted to, he thinks he'd doing the right thing.

yeah but this just goes to show the giant holes built into Stannis as a character this season, he is being hailed as a great commander but he can not be prepared for sabotage, or the winter, or a long siege, or for the lack of loyalty of the mercs he just hired, referred to as a great military commander that has failed in 3 key aspects of commanding a battle: logistics, prevention and military intelligence

It's going to be hard to top the season 4 finale.

yeah but this just goes to show the giant holes built into Stannis as a character this season, he is being hailed as a great commander but he can not be prepared for sabotage, or the winter, or a long siege, or for the lack of loyalty of the mercs he just hired, referred to as a great military commander that has failed in 3 key aspects of commanding a battle: logistics, prevention and military intelligence

No one said taking over Westeros would be easy. That's why Stannis is the Mannis

This season isn't close to last. Season 4 is the GOAT.

Season 4 was my favorite as well, but hardhome might be the best episode outside of the red wedding?

It's such bullshit that this episode is only an hour long. I don't care if arya kills trant or not. I don't care what's going on in dorne. I don't care about bft, and her whole story. I want to see what happens at the wall, the battle for winterfell, and to a lesser extent, what happens with cersei. All of those other stories are gonna take up unnecessary screen time and ruin the finale.

It's gonna be hard to top these last two episodes. This season has been the shyte

Great season in my opinion. Even if the season ended right after the last episode, I'd say it's above season 2 and 3 in my mind and close behind season 1 and 4 in terms of my overall enjoyment of them. I know a lot of people aren't sold on some of the writing lapses and logic gaps, but I've found it to be wholly compelling television and some of the scenes and character interactions in this one impacted me more than even some of the past awesome seasons.

Can't wait for tonight's episode. If it is better than the last episode, Hardhome, and episode 7 (which was also awesome in my opinion) then it would be one of the more impressive latter portions of a GOT season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back