Game of Thrones discussion v25 Team White Walkers edition (NO BOOK TALK. No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season 4 was my favorite as well, but hardhome might be the best episode outside of the red wedding?

You think so?

I loved hardhome but I really enjoyed the season one ep "a crown for a king" - that one had the fight between Bron and Ser Vardis - and I loved the battle for castle black and the battle of blackwater eps.

I didn't re-watch the Red Wedding episode. It was shocking and really well put together, definitely, but once the shock is gone, it's not as worthy of a re-watch as some of the others IMO.

You think so?

I loved hardhome but I really enjoyed the season one ep "a crown for a king" - that one had the fight between Bron and Ser Vardis - and I loved the battle for castle black and the battle of blackwater eps.

I didn't re-watch the Red Wedding episode. It was shocking and really well put together, definitely, but once the shock is gone, it's not as worthy of a re-watch as some of the others IMO.

It's a fun re-watch for the foreshadowing bits, and paying attention to just how much of a bastard Walter Frey/Roose Bolton are.

It's a fun re-watch for the foreshadowing bits, and paying attention to just how much of a bastard Walter Frey/Roose Bolton are.

lhTi24rjHEocrDf9q4HBBOYSeU4SxRAhlPgd3276khM9QTlqLDUa3JPXJBEgAZvy.jpg

Oddly enough, he has a lot in common with Stannis. Everyone hates his wife and he gets by on the "did what he had to do" card even though he messed with little kids.

I see them as opposites, actually. Stannis was willing to sacrifice the daughter he loves to achieve his mission.

Meanwhile...

(breaking bad spoiler)

...Walter wasn't even willing to sacrifice his brother-in-law to achieve his. He offered the nazis all the money he'd made to spare him.

It's all in how you look at it I guess.

Most leaders/warmongerers/politicians only send other people's children to die for their wars.

At least you know Stannis is willing to sacrifice what he loves the most to try and save the rest of the world.

Se4vgfk.png

Stannis is getting played by Melisandre, and so are all of you that support him. Thoros worships the lord of light, can resurrect the dead, something Melisandre can't even do, and he has never had to resort to human sacrifice. You guys mistake a nice pair of tits, blood magic, and a lot of chance for the Lord's work. The only proven supernatural thing Melisandre has done is the shadow baby.

Nonsense. He already proved willing to sacrifice his simple throne aspirations to prepare for the threat in the north. Stannis is all about protecting dat kingdom.

:icon_neut

Davos and later Mellisandre convinced him that if he doesn't help the Watch,there won't be a kingdom to rule.He didn't help the watch because he's oh so utilitarian.

You keep admiring a cold blooded psychopath for burning his only daughter in front of his troops and even marvel he's a bigger psychopath than Walter White.A tremendous accomplishment by Stannis to be sure.:icon_conf

You probably are that guy that would have saluted Hitler because he cared so much about his cause,regardless of how deluded it was and what means it took to achieve it.

I see them as opposites, actually. Stannis was willing to sacrifice the daughter he loves to achieve his mission.

Meanwhile...

(breaking bad spoiler)

...Walter wasn't even willing to sacrifice his brother-in-law to achieve his. He offered the nazis all the money he'd made to spare him.

It's all in how you look at it I guess.

That doesn't quite make them opposites imo.

In any case, I hope Ser Davos kills Stannis and BFT desecrates his corpse with oathkeeper.

Stannis is getting played by Melisandre, and so are all of you that support him. Thoros worships the lord of light, can resurrect the dead, something Melisandre can't even do, and he has never had to resort to human sacrifice. You guys mistake a nice pair of tits, blood magic, and a lot of chance for the Lord's work. The only proven supernatural thing Melisandre has done is the shadow baby.

That's like saying, 'the only proven secret weapon thing the Allies have done, is that mushroom cloud thingy.'

I'd say it's pretty fucking compelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back