Game of Thrones discussion v26: Season 5 Finale edition (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cast on this is really great, many unknown names but almost all of them deliver. The only one I didn't like is Shae. Gotta say I didn't read the books and I was going in with zero expectations, but I was blown away by the whole thing, especially actors.

It's nice to see people come around and realize that Stannis was always, truly, a can. Even he somehow survives, there's no redemption for him at this point.

He never would have made as far as he did if not for Davos.

full

You guys are spot on about the consistently great casting.

Any word on when they are dropping the full trailer? Feel like last year we had it by the end of January, but the season is starting two weeks later so maybe around mid-February?

This year the Premiere is in late April so mid February seems likely.

You guys are spot on about the consistently great casting.

Any word on when they are dropping the full trailer? Feel like last year we had it by the end of January, but the season is starting two weeks later so maybe around mid-February?

Except the Sand Snake chicks, fuck those chicks. They ruined that season for me. All this talk about how bad ass they were, in reality we get some of the worst choreographed fighting in the entire series.

Except the Sand Snake chicks, fuck those chicks. They ruined that season for me. All this talk about how bad ass they were, in reality we get some of the worst choreographed fighting in the entire series.

I liked the dude from Deep Space Nine as Doran, the leader of Dorne. However, I thought it was pretty damn stupid from a character/narrative perspective for him to have Ellaria and The Sandy Vaginas at the port to say goodbye/apologize to Myrcella.

I mean, at that point, you have one job- keep your future daughter-in-law and son safe until they disembark. And you blew it. Ellaria bowed to him and shit and I'm sure in his mind he thought, she narrowly just avoided Explosive Axe, no way she'd be bold enough to pull something. But she really had no reason to be there and he should have known better.

I liked the dude from Deep Space Nine as Doran, the leader of Dorne. However, I thought it was pretty damn stupid from a character/narrative perspective for him to have Ellaria and The Sandy Vaginas at the port to say goodbye/apologize to Myrcella.

I mean, at that point, you have one job- keep your future daughter-in-law and son safe until they disembark. And you blew it. Ellaria bowed to him and shit and I'm sure in his mind he thought, she narrowly just avoided Explosive Axe, no way she'd be bold enough to pull something. But she really had no reason to be there and he should have known better.

Wonder if she gets executed in S6 like Doran said she would if she betrayed him again.

I really like her as Melisandre, even outside her epic hotness.

It feels like every post I want to say "awesome casting, bros" because they've done such a great job right across the series.

I've mentioned this before, but people who miss Rory McCann as Sandor might want to check out Banished, he's awesome in that.

a42lj.jpg

This reddit post provides some interesting guesses on when we'll get a trailer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/43ehao/no_spoilers_estimating_a_season_6_full_trailer/

Season 1 trailer: March 3rd, 2011 Season 1 premiere: April 17, 2011
Season 2 trailer: March 8, 2012 Season 2 premiere: April 1, 2012
Season 3 trailer: March 2, 2013 Season 3 premiere: March 31, 2013
Season 4 trailer: Jan 12, 2014 Season 4 premiere: April 6, 2014
Season 5 trailer: Jan 30, 2015 Season 5 premiere: April 12, 2015

As we can see, in the series' first three seasons, we didn't see a full trailer until 3 to 6 weeks before the premiere, which would put this year's anywhere from April 2nd to March 12.

However, the last two seasons' trailer have dropped 10 and 12 weeks before the premiere. That would put this years trailer roughly on February 7th. This happens to line up perfectly with Super Bowl Sunday, imo an excellent platform to drop the trailer.

Superbowl Sunday would be a perfect date

Is there any chance we might ask everyone to keep talk of the trailer when it comes out under spoiler tags?

This thread will be flooded with slow motion gifs of every second of the trailer.

Is there any chance we might ask everyone to keep talk of the trailer when it comes out under spoiler tags?

This thread will be flooded with slow motion gifs of every second of the trailer.
Blocking spoilers is pretty much a one man job at this point, but I'll add a note to the thread title once the trailer is out.

Blocking spoilers is pretty much a one man job at this point, but I'll add a note to the thread title once the trailer is out.

Ah, don't go out of your way. The vast majority of people love the trailer and don't consider it a spoiler on any level. I'm just weird about them.

im weird like that too

i avoid any and all TWD commercials

Sunday seems like a good day to release the trailer, I think HBO has a new show premiering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back