Game of Thrones S06E03 Discussion Thread: Mother's Day Edition (no spoilers)

Which Mother got it worst?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He seemed to be more in shock than cold as I remember. I guess we will know if he starts walking around everywhere under-dressed for the weather. Also, I thought it was interesting that Edd asked him twice if it was still him.

I wonder if he got the watch back that they killed him for.

You're not looking forward to seeing her gossip and talk fashion with her new girlfriends?
Maybe if they get drunk and start calling each other sluts like those botox-filled lizards on the Real Housewives shows.

I thought they always presented the windings as somewhat tribal more than savages. I'd say they were more like the draki group then anything else. Stonemen seem like untouchables with some type of life long rabies. Those ones that jumped tyrion and friendzone seemed very much like they were basic and only looking for meat
Sure but they were acting as a group. It was not like a random zombie walking into sure slaughter. There is some type of organization and ability to follow a lead and wait for what they see as a strategic point of attack.

lol wtf are you talking about? She was an infant. You have to be touched to obtain it. It's pretty easy to avoid an infant unless you the the reflexes of Grand Maester Pycelle.

Shouldn't have got an iWatch then.
lol wtf are you talking about? She was an infant. You have to be touched to obtain it. It's pretty easy to avoid an infant unless you the the reflexes of Grand Maester Pycelle.

im talking about the doll. He said it was a gift from some dornish guy. Wasn't the doll the reason she got it? The same doll stannis touched when he put it in her crib.

Shireen purportedly got the disease from a doll her father got for her.

Sure but they were acting as a group. It was not like a random zombie walking into sure slaughter. There is some type of organization and ability to follow a lead and wait for what they see as a strategic point of attack.

True. I wonder what makes them want to eat people though

Stannis brought in every maester he could find to treat her. Eventually they stopped it from progressing and she wasn't contagious anymore. I think once it takes over your whole body it changes you. The stone men we seen attacking jorah were completely black and seemed to be mindless. Tyrion was right when he said it would be kinder to put a dagger in their heart, then to send them to Valeria to live like that.
See mindless to me is a zombie that would walk into an army of a thousand armed men with no regard for its own life. It just has to attack as it is compelled to.

It seems, in the little we have seen that the stonemen can and do coordinate their attacks with other stonemen. that means organization and some semblance of winning and losing aka strategy.

I think GRRM took inspiration from early leprosy colonies where individuals were banished and treated like monsters and often killed if they came close to normal citizens who feared the slightest touch would give them leprosy.

When you are treated like a monster and know the "normal" person is likely to lash out and kill you on sight out of fear you might try to contact them, you then start to try to kill the "normal" people on site too, before they get the chance to kill you.

True. I wonder what makes them want to eat people though
is that fact or legend?

Most "monsters" get that type of rep.

But I could see it if they are forcefully exiled to the most uninhabitable and hostile lands. Everything becomes food if that is the case.

Dragon attack tonight hopefully. Full on tits and dragons episode is overdue.

I could see Cercei ruling over kings landling like some kind of insane war-lord

anyone else still mad at how Howland saved Ned? The details of that event were always a big mystery, and it was always alluded to as a great secret that only those two knew. By the way it was mentioned, I expected Howland overcoming impossible odds through some crazy swamp magic or a feat of cunning, but in the end it was just a...stab in the back?

very dissapointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back