Game of Thrones S06E05 Discussion Thread: Shut The Front Hodor (no spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before Jorah exposed his arm to Khaleesi, she said she couldn't take back Jorah, what's up with that? After all that? That confused the shit out of me.

He earned his place to get back in after saving her life(The fourth time) over at the stadium with the Sons of Harpys. Then to add to that, he later finds her jewellery which leads to finding her and saving her life once again(5X). He also should have never been exiled in the first place.

Dany is a bitch. It is known.

It just seemed like the Hodor thing went beyond mere influence to actually changing things, in some sort of causality loop. Either way its interesting to see where they go with this.Up until now I thought Bran's scenes were the least interesting next to Dany's, now i'm excited to see what happens next with him.

GOT has the same methodology for time travel as in Lost and that last episode just happened to be directed by one of the directors of Lost.

Like it was said nothing in the past can be changed. It already happened. If Bran was in the past influencing something then he was always there influencing it. The only thing Bran can actively change is the future.

GOT has the same methodology for time travel as in Lost and that last episode just happened to be directed by one of the directors of Lost.

Like it was said nothing in the past can be changed. It already happened. If Bran was in the past influencing something then he was always there influencing it. The only thing Bran can actively change is the future.

But...in the future, he will be going back to the post, to change things - which was true in season 1, as well as now...

But...in the future, he will be going back to the post, to change things - which was true in season 1, as well as now...

He can't change the past though whether he goes back or not. His present is a product of the past. If Bran goes back to influence an event Brans present wouldn't be affected because Brans present would have already been influenced by that time travel. What ever happened in the past already happened including any time travel. We may see some more time travel into the past though and see he influenced other events that lead to his timeline being the way it is or just for insight into the past for the viewer.

Last edited:

That's assuming Bran can even change the future. GOT seems to veer towards hard determinism. In truth, I thought that even before Bran accidentally mind-raped Hodor.

I'm pretty sure Hodor's fate was a GRRM thing.

Treena understand the time paradox is like
200w.gif

He can't change the past though whether he goes back or not. His present is a product of the past. If Bran goes back to influence an event Brans present wouldn't be affected because Brans present would have already been influenced by that time travel. What ever happened in the past already happened including any time travel. We may see some more time travel into the past though and see he influenced other events that lead to his timeline being the way it is or just for insight into the past for the viewer.

Was my post about tonight's episode saying...wait can't forget spoiler quotes...
"it looks like it's gonna be a hell of an episode"
deleted? Seriously? There was nothing spoilery at all.

Christ the spoiler whiners in this thread are nuts. Everything we've talked about here has come from what we've seen from the trailers or what's already been aired previously.

Was my post about tonight's episode saying...wait can't forget spoiler quotes...
"it looks like it's gonna be a hell of an episode"
deleted? Seriously? There was nothing spoilery at all.

Christ the spoiler whiners in this thread are nuts. Everything we've talked about here has come from what we've seen from the trailers or what's already been aired previously.

Yeah, the spoiler whiners are just one step about the spoiler whining whiners, amirite?

I'm pretty sure Hodor's fate was a GRRM thing.

100% in agreement. I doubt the writers on the show could have come up with that. I was just stating that its the same methodology as in Lost and they had one of the directors of Lost on to direct that episode.

I've got a bad feeling Sansa is getting set up for a fall here...she's showing inexperience like her brother. Who's to say another red wedding isn't waiting for whoever she sends to river run.
I hope so since she sent Brian out there. He needs to die already.

i just binged watched up to season 3, pretty epic show. Could do without some of the gay stuff, but there were some dark moments. Brutal killings at that wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back