Game of Thrones S07E02 Discussion Thread: Grey's Anatomy (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Title for tonight's thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one hope they spare us many more scenes of Sam scraping off Jorah's fucking greyscale shit.
ugh, nasty

it does sound like he would be a badass if they took him from the book

Indeed. We have enough physical battles for 6 years, TV Euron is yet another in a long line of brutes. I wanna see some Dark Magic vs. Light Magic shit, dammit!

May be they're cutting back all the mystical stuff to save up the budget for the ultimate war between the living and he dead. That CGI-ladens final season probably gonna cost twice as much as Season 1.

I don't blame you Brother. I've read the first 3 4 times, the 4th 3 times, and ADwD twice because of waiting for the next books to come out. Been playing the fucking waiting game with Martin for over a decade.

To contrast; I've read Wheel of Time only twice, and I enjoy it more than ASoIaF, but it's only because I came on that series late. I was able to read the first 10/14 without having to wait.
And Brandon Sanderson did a damn good job with the finish of that series.
When/if GRRM croaks, Sanderson would be a legit contender to finish that series imho.
Him or Rothfus are the only ones I think that could do it justice.

Night king aint relevant to this sport. It's like calling R'hllor the goat.

Racism detected. Night's King is kind of like Jon and Gregor. They're around because of magic. Benjen counts so why wouldn't he? It's not like counting Drogon. Wun Wun counted when he was around, but he lost to a superior fighter in Ramsay Cockslayer.

Indeed. We have enough physical battles for 6 years, TV Euron is yet another in a long line of brutes. I wanna see some Dark Magic vs. Light Magic shit, dammit!

May be they're cutting back all the mystical stuff to save up the budget for the ultimate war between the living and he dead. That CGI-ladens final season probably gonna cost twice as much as Season 1.
Never enough physical battles, especially not till Cleganebowl happens.

Arya got Stockton-slapped by The Hound. Tormund took an L at the Wall and got locked up, and struggled with Smalljon Umber until he gassed. Euron's only had 1 battle, not counting throwing Can Greyjoy off a rope bridge. Grey Worm took about 50 people out by himself while Selmy lost to them, and he's had a bunch of other battles. Bronn took an L from some little girls, and Areo had a flash KO win over him. Jon has the most impressive resume, taking out numerous HOFers. Everyone is ducking the Night's King.

<NightKingBringIt>
Jon Snow is current p4p king.

You can tell that Dave and Dan have been really exhausted lately and are losing interest in this series. It's understandable, but the thing is, they're intent on being the ones to finish it, instead of having others carry on more of the work load.
When did you change your user name to Euron?

it does sound like he would be a badass if they took him from the book

Book Euron is actually terrifying. Add the fact that he's(grudgingly) got Victarion on his side and you've got a force almost equal to the threat of the Night Kings army of the dead.

I know people are loving show Euron, but he's a fucking clown compared to book Euron.

it's pretty much understood and accepted that using the powers of many faces to exact revenge on one's enemies is verboten and cause for expulsion from the order.
Arya, while an heroic and mostly honorable figure, has done this multiple times without repercussions.
wouldn't be surprised however, if it didn't come back to bite her in the ass at some point.
This point you mentioned and Jon Snow "breaking his oath" by leaving the Knight's watch albeit being killed by his brothers and resurrected could cause problems down the road.

And Brandon Sanderson did a damn good job with the finish of that series.
When/if GRRM croaks, Sanderson would be a legit contender to finish that series imho.
Him or Rothfus are the only ones I think that could do it justice.

This seems to be a minority opinion, but I completely agree. Sanderson killed it with the last 3 books.

This point you mentioned and Jon Snow "breaking his oath" by leaving the Knight's watch albeit being killed by his brothers and resurrected could cause problems down the road.
agreed, I think there are some bills to be paid at some point by some noteworthy protagonists for their transgressions against certain codes of ethics and behavior.

D&D have absolutely not done Euron Greyjoy any justice on the show.

While many men have absolute fear of the Warlocks of Qarth, Euron attacked and captured several of them, and tortured them into teaching him the ways of black magic. He captured four warlocks at first, but when one dared to threaten Euron, he killed him and fed his flesh to the other three, starving them until they were desperate enough to eat it (after that they were more pliable to his commands).

From this encounter, Euron picked up the habit of drinking shade of the evening, and as with the warlocks the potion has stained his lips blue. This has halted his aging process. He truly is a madman, and is heavily into the occult.
jesus

D&D have absolutely not done Euron Greyjoy any justice on the show.

While many men have absolute fear of the Warlocks of Qarth, Euron attacked and captured several of them, and tortured them into teaching him the ways of black magic. He captured four warlocks at first, but when one dared to threaten Euron, he killed him and fed his flesh to the other three, starving them until they were desperate enough to eat it (after that they were more pliable to his commands).

From this encounter, Euron picked up the habit of drinking shade of the evening, and as with the warlocks the potion has stained his lips blue. This has halted his aging process. He truly is a madman, and is heavily into the occult.
I don't think there's enough episode time left to do Euron justice. Too bad, his story sounds wild.

I for one hope they spare us many more scenes of Sam scraping off Jorah's fucking greyscale shit.
ugh, nasty

Actually, I think they took it easy on the viewers.

Imagine a quarter of a man's entire body being covered with a sickness a hundred times worse than athlete's foot, and the only way to cure him is to skin him of the entire quarter of his body.

And something just occured to me, wouldn't Milk Of The Poppy have been effective to make Jorah unconcious so Sam could do the surgery?

pfft, sure but Sam is basically winging it as an apprentice/wannabe maester.
a legit, seasoned Maester, or "Knight of the Mind" as they are called, would have done something like that.

but in a way, it is some small justice that Jorah should have to suffer beyond necessity for his treasonous behavior regarding Dany.

"Young Griff", a.k.a Aegon Targaryen (Surviving son of Prince Rhaegar and Princess Elia. He has an even stronger claim to the Iron Throne than his aunt Daenerys, so he has no chance of making it into the show):

Holy shit. Extremely major, moreso than the others. Why on earth would they leave him out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back