Game of Thrones S07E07 Discussion Thread: FinallyJumpedTheDragon (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Just fucking stoked they got the GOAT director in Sapochnik.

Not sure how comfortable I am with B&W directing the finale. I understand why they would want to, but the final episode of your series should be directed by someone who's actually directed a fucking episode before.

Not sure how comfortable I am with B&W directing the finale. I understand why they would want to, but the final episode of your series should be directed by someone who's actually directed a fucking episode before.
Didn't those fuckers direct earlier eps?

bhNGNPR.jpg

bv5NRNj.jpg
Lmao

Wow didn't even read that info till you mentioned. GOAT GOT director gonna GOAT.

I know this is Benioff and Weiss' baby but I hope they are up to the challenge of the final episode. More showrunners than directors- but I'm sure they are going to do justice to the show they love and wouldn't bite off more than they could chew.

Sapochnic probably gets the huge final battle episode and then the last episode is more of a (hopefully) narratively and emotionally satisfying cap off.

I know this is Benioff and Weiss' baby but I hope they are up to the challenge of the final episode. More showrunners than directors- but I'm sure they are going to do justice to the show they love and wouldn't bite off more than they could chew.

Think they fell out of love with it 2-3 years back.

Didn't those fuckers direct earlier eps?

Yeah, they did actually.

Two Swords is a really good episode. Hmm, might not be a complete disaster.

Still, would rather let Sapochnik do the last 3, or at least the final 2.

I hope he does at least 2 out of the 6 episodes. He was missed big time in Season 7.

lol no. like selling out his sister and wanting to help the usurpers.

Man of honour like Ser Jaime, does what ever needs to be done regardless of the cost.

He ain't no snivelling "yes man" servant like Barristan or Ned.

Man of honour like Ser Jaime, does what ever needs to be done regardless of the cost.

He ain't no snivelling "yes man" servant like Barristan or Ned.

Your post reminds me of the chapter at teh start of the 2nd book, where they describe Stannis as too firm and strict. Hopefully Jamie meets the same end.

So whats the big deal in Jon Snow's creampie to Dany takes hold and she gets pregnant?

Fuck the Imp btw. I hope he dies.

Your post reminds me of the chapter at teh start of the 2nd book, where they describe Stannis as too firm and strict. Hopefully Jamie meets the same end.

Like Brienne would ever kill Jaime.

Jaime isn't "too firm and strict". Quite the opposite. Have you not been paying attention?

Like Brienne would ever kill Jaime.

Jaime isn't "too firm and strict". Quite the opposite. Have you not been paying attention?

You just stated 2 posts ago that he has a strict sense about him.

So now do all we agree that GoT has gone to shit, beyond repair?

I know I'm done because i haven't wanted to watch any of the episodes in season 7 again. I have been watching dozens of video reviews on youtube about the downfall of the show (GoT academy is an excellent channel). Ugh, that idiotic kidnap a wight plan...

So now do all we agree that GoT has gone to shit, beyond repair?

I know I'm done because i haven't wanted to watch any of the episodes in season 7 again. I have been watching dozens of video reviews on youtube about the downfall of the show (GoT academy is an excellent channel). Ugh, that idiotic kidnap a wight plan...
It's definitely gotten worse in the last few seasons. But it's still a very good show. I still enjoyed the last few seasons a lot. And to be fair, the first 4 seasons set the bar incredibly high. Hard to live up to that. So while it's not as good as it once was, it's still very good.

Plus, some of the best GOT episodes have been in the last few seasons.

I'm going to watch it until the end, and I hope they pick it up and do an excellent job, but very good show? Not for me, now it's very ordinary.

I totally agree that the first four seasons set the bar too high. Those are the seasons that kept me going through the Dorne and Braavos shit and will keep me watching until the end. But it is ruined.

@GrizzlyTitan
@Lethal

and all you fellas. Here's my final picks before the season filming begins

-Arya Stark- L

·Beric Dondarrion- D

·Bran Stark- L

·Brienne of Tarth- L

·Bronn- D

·Cersei Lannister- D

·Daenerys Targaryen- D

·Davos Seaworth- L

·Eddison Tollett- L

·Euron Greyjoy- D

·Gendry- L

·Gilly- L

·Gregor Clegane- D

·Grey Worm- D

·Jaime Lannister- D

·Jon Snow- L

·Jorah Mormont- D

·Little Sam- L

·Lyanna Mormont- L

·Maester Wolkan- D

·Melisandre- D

·Missandei- L

·Night King- D

·Podrick Payne- L

·Qyburn- D

·Robett Glover- D

·Samwell Tarly- L

·Sandor Clegane- L

·Sansa Stark- L

·Theon Greyjoy- D

·Tormund Giantsbane- L

·Tycho Nestoris- L

·Tyrion Lannister- L

·Varys- D

·Yara Greyjoy- L

·Yohn Royce- L

@GrizzlyTitan
@Lethal

and all you fellas. Here's my final picks before the season filming begins

-Arya Stark- L

·Beric Dondarrion- D

·Bran Stark- L

·Brienne of Tarth- L

·Bronn- D

·Cersei Lannister- D

·Daenerys Targaryen- D

·Davos Seaworth- L

·Eddison Tollett- L

·Euron Greyjoy- D

·Gendry- L

·Gilly- L

·Gregor Clegane- D

·Grey Worm- D

·Jaime Lannister- D

·Jon Snow- L

·Jorah Mormont- D

·Little Sam- L

·Lyanna Mormont- L

·Maester Wolkan- D

·Melisandre- D

·Missandei- L

·Night King- D

·Podrick Payne- L

·Qyburn- D

·Robett Glover- D

·Samwell Tarly- L

·Sandor Clegane- L

·Sansa Stark- L

·Theon Greyjoy- D

·Tormund Giantsbane- L

·Tycho Nestoris- L

·Tyrion Lannister- L

·Varys- D

·Yara Greyjoy- L

·Yohn Royce- L
Shit man. This post just reminded me of the fact that I completely forgot to make a thread for the Season 8 Death Pool. Do you and @Lethal still think there's time for that? Filming will start pretty soon, so there's a bigger chance for spoilers.

Shit man. This post just reminded me of the fact that I completely forgot to make a thread for the Season 8 Death Pool. Do you and @Lethal still think there's time for that? Filming will start pretty soon, so there's a bigger chance for spoilers.

You’re too hard on yourself...you did make the thread lol. I know because I randomly thought about it yesterday and google searched it to check my picks (which are actually slightly different than the ones listed here lol so I consider the ones in your official thread with bonus questions as the legitimate one.

Back