#GamerGate Discussion & News v2: Let's Get Zoe A Card

I had to read the Straight White Male: Lowest Difficulty Setting article because I thought you were just making up a random title. I couldn't believe it was for real. Not only is it real, but there are a bunch of articles discussing the article. There was even something on Cracked mocking the 5 worst white male responses to the article.

What the hell happened to Cracked? When I used to go to the site a long time ago it was funny and now its just a bunch of SJW bullshit.

I could go on a diatribe about all of it, but I will just say that there are a group of likeminded people across varying forms of media who have the corrupt, agenda-pushing gaming media's back. They believe in the patriarchy and all that other third wave feminism conspiracy theory bullshit. That's why you see SO many sites jumping on board to defend the likes of Gawker, Ars Technica, Polygon, RPS, and the like.

Plus, they're afraid what is happening to Gawker might happen to them.

The anti-GG side is winning the PR battle at the moment, but they're slowly beginning to notice that doesn't mean shit. Something else is happening that's WAY more important than going on MSNBC and trying to get gold in the Oppression Olympics. GG has gone after their sponsors, and these people who think capitalism is a form of patriarchy are slowly beginning to feel the financial pinch they created with their own corruption and agenda pushing.

By the way, when you visit these shit gaming sites, try to use the Archive links.

Oh, and as a funny side note, GamerGhazi has started a counter campaign to the GamerGate movement of emailing sponsors. That's HILARIOUS. They honestly think they can smear GG? These companies know the likes of GamerGhazi aren't huge spenders. Sponsors are pulling out not because they believe GG is right or wrong, but because they fear they might lose money to the important 18-35 year old male demographic. When these sponsors keep getting messages in support of Gawker, that only reinforces the idea that advertising with Gawker is toxic and potentially hurtful to their bottom lines.

Alright Sherdoggers, time to contribute.

Kellogg's is considering pulling out of Gawker. Time to email them and let them know you don't appreciate sites that try to bully and shame you simply because you're a gamer.
J3QTYPZ.png

Kellogg email info:
[email protected]

My suggestions would be to start off telling them you're a customer (if you really are, most of us who eat cereal are customers), and that you're concerned about Gawker's problematic hateful and bullying stances towards gamers.

Copied and pasted from The Escapist:
Remember, Kellogg's owns Pringles, which is the fourth highest sponsor on Gawker.

Here's some articles you can draw their attention to.

https://web.archive.org/web/2014102...4chan-successors-behind-gamergates-1648966614 - Wizardchan hit piece - Bullying and full-frontal nudity.

https://archive.today/QjAIV - Jezebel's "Beat up your boyfriend" article condoning domestic violence against men.

http://gawker.com/5890506/olivia-mu...naked-pics-lick-my-tight-asshole-and-choke-me - The URL of this one speaks for itself.

Contribute!

EDIT - Holy shit, I forgot that one Gawker piece (first link posted) had a shameful bit of nudity in it trying to make readers believe Wizardchan questions whether women are actually human. If you use that link, edit out all the *****s I used.

Last edited:

You know what? If the gaming media sites in question had been as receptive of hearing from people as this author, GamerGate wouldn't even exist.

I'm not a Redditer and I don't like the site's format, but after reading through the Kluwe and Benincasa's AMA, I have to tip my hat (New York Yankees baseball cap, not a fedora) to the userbase. Excellent questions and responses.

You know what? If the gaming media sites in question had been as receptive of hearing from people as this author, GamerGate wouldn't even exist.

I'm not a Redditer and I don't like the site's format, but after reading through the Kluwe and Benincasa's AMA, I have to tip my hat (New York Yankees baseball cap, not a fedora) to the userbase. Excellent questions and responses.

Kinda funny checking her twitter now, some anti GG is already on their way to try to steer her over, especially linking the "uh huh i'm totally neutral guize" PixieJenni's blogpost and play the oppression card as Sara express interests in talking to r/GamerGirls and r/GamerGhazi, both are heavily anti GG

Nixkid:

Some may disagree with me here, but the corruption of game journalism merely exposes the corruption of SJW feminism. While I disagree with you that game journalism is not an important topic, the ardour you see is really as a result of the battle of the sexes created by third-wave feminists.

The movement has been intelligent in completely refocusing on journalistic corruption, because if it only criticised the problem of feminism then the anti-GG people would be able to gain traction with their narrative that gamers are misogynists. Unfortunately for them, they do engage in corrupt practices, and the pro-GG people are eminently reasonable and measured in where they direct their movement. As a result, GG is effectively marginalizing the SJW rascals in the industry by proxy, by exposing their corruption.

You guys are making presumptions about my views and my hobbies. I play video games. I have for a couple of decades. So I actually do "care about video games" just not enough to think that ethics in video game journalism is an important issue in the world today. And no I don't think all gamers are sexually repressed virgins. However, if you do think that video game journalism is an important issue worth creating online movements for then the odds are that you are in fact a sexually repressed virgin or a neckbeard or a basement dweller or a mouthbreather or some combination thereof. This is not the sort of shit that grown adults with lives should get worked up about. If someone writes an article debasing "gamers"..why the fuck would you care enough to get your jimmies rustled as a grown ass man? My theory is that its likely because some of what is being written actually hits close to home and causes those afflicted to become defensive. I'm not at all bothered about anything that is written about gamers because my life isn't defined by being a gamer and if yours is (and you're over 16) then I feel bad for you son.

Thank you I will now change my life around move out of my parents basement and try to talk to girls

I think it's best for GG to move past Zoe. I view her as a relevant footnote, the catalyst for action, but she's being used right now as a victim of GG. And to be fair, some really horrible things have been done to her, things that are worse than anything she did to everyone not named Eron Gjoni (her ex-boyfriend she abused) and maybe Wizardchan and TFYC.

GG is both about reforming a media that has no professional or ethical boundaries between "journalists" and subjects, as well as agenda pushers using their platforms to promote a rigid brand of sociopolitical ideologies. The latter is more about SJWs. It's definitely a part of GG, but it's best to limit mentions of Zoe.

Why? It's because their tactics worked perfectly. A horde of cries about how it's the harassment of a brave woman in a hostile environment and suddenly everyone is tripping over themselves to say ignore her. A lot of GG people will no longer even acknowledge her awful behavior for fear of what it could do to them or the movement. Even you say "horrible things have been done to her." Why concede this? She is an admitted pathological liar who routinely lies for her own benefit.

You've noticed how the only tactics to work against SJW so far are SJW tactics straight out of rules for radicals right? How could you possibly think this is going to get resolved talking about game journos being nepotistic and corrupt? Most people already believe this and don't give shit. It doesn't compare to the 'harassment and misogyny.' What has been to done to eron is way worse than any online bullshit GG is accused of doing. As we speak, zoe continues to try and control him through the legal system with a restraining order.

And there's fucking evidence, most of it, her own words. And multiple victims with reason to believe that there are more who are afraid to come out because of what happened to eron. It's insane that she got defended. You couldn't ask for a better opportunity to 'make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.'

Why is it best to limit mentions of a serial abuser who is openly defended by anti-GG and held up as a leader?

interesting stuff: http://imgur.com/a/sZyfY

She is holding up as a shield, similar to Brianna Wu and Anita. To take it away we must focus on the real core of the issue instead of just dodging claims of misogyny just because somehow criticism against these "brave" women is equal to real woman hating. We all know Zoe Quinn is a horrible, horrible human being. But given that she's a female with connections it is easier just to use her sex as a literal shield to deflects whatever the issues we are having.

Somebody interview a GamerGator over at IBF. He handled himself and represent GG proud. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/gamergate-...l-movement-its-goals-threats-violence-1471560

"The allegations of corruption made by Quinn's ex "

Look at this bullshit. He never claimed that at all. After people starting making the connection, he specifically edited thezoepost to say he didn't think the evidence pointed to that. There's so much misinformation about him, it's infuriating. Most people seem like they haven't even read his post or the chat logs.

"were proven false"

Why? Because they were only friends before the article but started fucking days after. Are you fucking kidding me?

"were proven false"

Why? Because they were only friends before the article but started fucking days after. Are you fucking kidding me?

Because we're the news and we have no obligation to back up anything we say with evidence.

When you've got radfem groups saying "yeah these threats against Sarkeesian sound like bullshit", you know your shit is weak.

Credit where credit's due, Femitheist is an intellect.

That said, don't trust her for one second. Even a cursory look at her YT channel will explain why.

By the way, when you visit these shit gaming sites, try to use the Archive links.

I haven't been going to any of those sites at all. I just read that one article and then went to Cracked because there was a Cracked article on the White Male- Easy Mode article. I didn't realize Cracked had become a SJW site. I won't be going to Cracked ever again.

If I do read an article out of curiosity I will use Archive Links next time. I also use Ad Blocker Plus. I don't know if its true, but I read sites don't gain advertising money when someone uses an ad blocker.

Credit where credit's due, Femitheist is an intellect.

That said, don't trust her for one second. Even a cursory look at her YT channel will explain why.

Oh no, I don't trust her, just remarking on how even she is calling bullshit on that "death threat".

Back