GamerGate News & Discussion v4: The Patriarchy Edition

3B8tPxm.png

IN4y48z.png

This will never end will it?

I, for one, hope not. First of all, I'm having a blast with this and the people involved in gg are my type of people. I have a billion new youtube channels that I had never heard about to watch now and I'm loving getting acquainted with reddit and 8chan. I have a lifetime's worth of experience with SJW bullshit and for the first time ever I see that I'm not alone in my rage against it. Gamergate makes me feel a little saner.

Secondly, I double majored in economics and political science in college. The more I familiarized myself with the texts and principles of both subjects, the more I got the uneasy feeling that these principles were being used to control and con people. There came a day in political science where I essentially realized that I had spent an entire semester reading 2,000 year old texts on social engineering and controlling crowds. I'm in the millennial generation, nearly all of us in this generation have been institutionalized for our entire lives. I think that naturally leads to naivety and blind trust in institutions. I'm loving all of these red pills that are being forced down everyone's throats when people see first hand how bad major media outlets conduct themselves. The more skepticism in a society, the better that society can do away with misinformation.

Last edited:
she thinks the ArbCom "seems intent on keeping and worsening the heterosexual cisgender white male systemic point of view"

This is what I'm talking about. What she said is meaningless, but the words she used make it sound like she knows what she's talking about.

I think I just got drunk off buzzwords.

Polygon: "Can gaming's great women characters be written by men?" No, this is not parody:
The game begins in a moment of extreme peril for Caulfield. I might be going too far here, but I find it interesting that she is presented, not merely in trouble, but endangered by that most erect of phallic structures: a lighthouse. Make of that what you will.

Gamasutra: David Gallant's Blog - For the Sake of the Industry: No More TotalBiscuit
Literally every issue he listed was a lie or complete twist of the truth:
Retweeted a charity stream that asked him not to do so, then argued with the streamers as his GamerGate-supporting followers flooded the stream’s chat and made it unusable; They DID NOT ask him not to. They whined after the fact. Even your evidence shows that.

Threw a fit over Intel’s new Diversity Initiative; Uh...

Appeared on a livestream with several prominent GamerGate organizers, including harassers like Slade Villena; He talked to people. Okay.

Been buddy-buddy with Milo Yiannopolous, the same “journalist” who harassed Brianna Wu over her dying dog and who asserts trans folk are merely mentally ill; Again, big fucking deal. He has stated that he doesn't agree with Milo or Breitbart on everything.

Participated in GamerGate’s “Thunderclap”; "I support ethics in gaming journalism, creative freedom and inclusiveness. I'm #GamerGate and #NotYourShield" Yes, what a monster.

Links regularly to posts on /r/KotakuInAction, one of GamerGate’s organizing points, and a place routinely filled with slurs, transmisogyny, racism, etc.; We hate trans people so much we forced one to be our moderator.

Routinely mocks concepts like “punching down”, chosen pronouns, trans identities, etc.; He mocked toastkin.

Created a short Twine game for the explicit purpose of mocking Twine games and their developers; Mocking?? This was a carefully crafted game with a lot of symbolism. I have never seen a more enthralling narrative in any game ever, and I've played thousands. THIS is the future of gaming right here. THIS is the type of game people want to play. It even won GamerGate's official "Indie Game of the Year", which was chosen by it's leader, SpawnPointGuard.

Expressed support for notorious YouTube anti-feminist Thunderf00t; Who has committed such crimes as daring criticize the uncriticizable.

Recently incited hate against Brianna Wu; Actually, BWu incited hate against him and he defended himself you fucking dip shit.

Seriously, does it seem like anti-GG is getting dumber lately?

NorthBySouthBaranof's getting topic-banned at Wikipedia after all. Looks like Ryulong won't get the ban but who knows. Concerning NBSB:
Roger Davies (Arbitrator for Wikipedia's GamerGate):

In NBSB, we have a prolific editor who has made about 500 edits to the Gamergate controversy article, and over 2300 (yes, 2300) more to its talk page. They have also made around 700 edits to this case. This is evidence of deep investment. Simply put, it is difficult to imagine how a person can be part of the problem one day, and part of the solution the next....Our role is to get the article back to normal as rapidly as possible and we will not do that by handing it back to the poor admins having failed to pass an obvious remedy.

Patricia Hernandez claimed in 2013 that "Fake Geek Girl" stickers were being stuck on women at conventions. Offers no proof besides an anecdotal report of one incident. BONUS: Wait for the ending...

Journalist who has done actual investigative reporting on Wikipedia corrects The Guardian's hackery

dBet5MN.jpg

This should be interesting. Anita Sarkeesian to create new series looking at masculinity in video games. The more she talks, the better. Nothing ruins her brand more than her and McIntosh spouting bullshit.

This is what I'm talking about. What she said is meaningless, but the words she used make it sound like she knows what she's talking about.

I think I just got drunk off buzzwords.

Actually, in terms of intersectional feminism, that string of buzz words makes perfect sense. Intersectional feminism is all about a systemic oppression of people in societies, and according to their religio... err, their dogma, our society is geared for those who are straight, white, and/or male (especially all three). Those who aren't all three experience some sort of systemic oppression.

So yeah, understanding their horseshit requires understanding their foundation, their entire way of viewing society. Never mind society is very complex - you must break things down to an elementary level of race, gender, and sexual orientation or you're simply doing it wrong! Well, according to intersectional feminism, which once again isn't the feminism that the vast majority of people relate to when they hear or see the word "feminism." Which goes back to my previous point in another post that intersectional feminists purposely use words that have certain connotations with most people, yet their SJW definition is vastly different. But the intended purpose is to play upon the normal understanding of these words while meaning something completely different. So if you are white or male and disagree with a woman, you are playing into a system of priviliges that you have because you're a male and trying to silence her because she's a female who has been disadvantaged by the patriarchy, and as such, you're a misogynist. Orwell would be proud of that doublespeak.

These women are just whores. Literally and figuratively.

These women are just whores. Literally and figuratively.

I disagree. Most are just young and immature. They took Humanities courses by diehard believers in shitty constructs and use their power to indoctrinate students. I still believe most of them will eventually see the light. Usually happens after they get out of college, start having children, and realize the horseshit they were taught in their Humanities courses. Reality doesn't coalesce with intersectional feminism to rational people.

Then of course you have the professional victims (Anita, Wu) who are in it for attention, those who are involved in journalistic improprieties or terrible journalism who are going to use their genders to hide their shitty behaviors (Alexander, Hernandez), and the dev whose sexual improprieties publicized by her ex kickstarted everything (Quinn). Not to mention the legion of beta white knights.

I disagree. Most are just young and immature. They took Humanities courses by diehard believers in shitty constructs and use their power to indoctrinate students. I still believe most of them will eventually see the light. Usually happens after they get out of college, start having children, and realize the horseshit they were taught in their Humanities courses. Reality doesn't coalesce with intersectional feminism to rational people.

Then of course you have the professional victims (Anita, Wu) who are in it for attention, those who are involved in journalistic improprieties or terrible journalism who are going to use their genders to hide their shitty behaviors (Alexander, Hernandez), and the dev whose sexual improprieties publicized by her ex kickstarted everything (Quinn). Not to mention the legion of beta white knights.

that was directed towards the 'professionals'. Whores for attention and media coverage so they can pad their purses.

Has anyone actually seen any videos of Wu's game Revolution 60?

It looks absolutely terrible, like a very low budget PS2 game. I'd be nicer to it but it was made on a $300,000 budget.

It looks absolutely terrible, like a very low budget PS2 game. I'd be nicer to it but it was made on a $300,000 budget.

It seems like the reviewer was trying really hard not to say it was bad, just the tone of his voice kind of gives it away.

Liana K: "Criticize Feminist Frequency, get labelled an MRA/transphobe. That's not feminism thanks. That's just bullying." Amen, sister.

The war on Wikipedia has begun: Wikipedia Declares War On Women, Gives Anti-Feminist Males Control Over Gender And Sexuality Entries. I'll be glad when companies start growing balls and understand many people think these SJW slacktivists are nuts and shouldn't be catered to or feared. By the way, I thought GamerGate was declared dead at least a good dozen times before this article?

Arthur Chu: trying to get totalbiscuit blacklisted is as important as reducing global warming. and more such tweets

There's evidently drama with Totalbiscuit and a fellow YouTube gamer over Anita.
WV1LFBR.png

that was directed towards the 'professionals'. Whores for attention and media coverage so they can pad their purses.
Yeah, definitely attention whores.

It's definitely not my thing. If other people like it, that's ok. More power to them. But it's not a game I'd be interested in.

Turns out some gaming media outlet gave Wu's Revolution 60 its Game of the Year honor. And it turned out further that the people on staff had been friends with Wu for years. Big surprise there!

It's definitely not my thing. If other people like it, that's ok. More power to them. But it's not a game I'd be interested in.

Turns out some gaming media outlet gave Wu's Revolution 60 its Game of the Year honor. And it turned out further that the people on staff had been friends with Wu for years. Big surprise there!

It's not my thing either. I'm just baffled such a low quality work cost $300,000 to make. I don't know where that number came from(people are mentioning it in the comments) but it just stinks like Anitas $150,000 kickstarter campaign. What I'm getting at is most the money probably went into Wu's pockets.

The Game of the Year thing is hilarious, I'd have a hard time giving my own childs game that honour if it was this terrible.

Sodapopinski your work with all of this is just great, thank you.

The worst part is that only a few people end up getting benefits from this, the mediocre critic, the mediocre game developers, the mediocre writers, they get attention and money and of course is now in their best interests that the things that actually could get address stay the same, is now part of their income. I would like to hear the point of view from actual talented female game developers.

I really think they've made a huge mistake going after TB. He's too high profile, you can't just label him sexist/racist without proof, people will ask to see the evidence (even out of morbid curiosity) and there is none. Even people that dislike TB know enough about him to know that he's not racist/sexist. If they question this, they might start questioning other things..

I really think they've made a huge mistake going after TB. He's too high profile, you can't just label him sexist/racist without proof, people will ask to see the evidence (even out of morbid curiosity) and there is none. Even people that dislike TB know enough about him to know that he's not racist/sexist. If they question this, they might start questioning other things..

I'm bad with twitter, am I missing timestamps somewhere? I take it this means she asked TB to review her game and then later claimed that she had never heard of him?

Also BW is just in it to stay relevant and get exposure so going after TB makes sense for her. It's probably working too.

Article about the larger culture war, though not GamerGate in particular:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/01/not-a-very-pc-thing-to-say.html

Part of me thinks that GamerGate is partially responsible for this discussion becoming more common and mainstream. Though I could see it being the other way around; that the perpetually offended have become so annoying that everyone, gamers included, has had enough. Either way, I'm glad it's happening.

I'm bad with twitter, am I missing timestamps somewhere? I take it this means she asked TB to review her game and then later claimed that she had never heard of him?

Also BW is just in it to stay relevant and get exposure so going after TB makes sense for her. It's probably working too.

Correct on both counts. Here's the full convo:

https://twitter.com/Spacekatgal/status/490554352676130817

There are a lot of movies/books/etc about the havok a single liar/psychopath can wreak on a system when they either are already trusted or their lies play into existing biases. Wu is a good example of that. She's very obviously mentally disturbed and is making shit up, but so many people have so much invested in the idea that women don't lie that they are willing to believe everything she says, even when it ruins lives.

I don't think she does it out of malice. I think she's honestly mentally unstable. It's like those paranoid homeless dudes outside subway stations that yell at light poles and mutter about how Nixon raped them at a Taco Bell bathroom in Paris. Could you imagine how many problems would come about if we gave those people a home, dressed them up, gave them millionaire parents, and trusted them implicitly? Could you imagine how many witch hunts they'd cause?

There are a lot of movies/books/etc about the havok a single liar/psychopath can wreak on a system when they either are already trusted or their lies play into existing biases. Wu is a good example of that. She's very obviously mentally disturbed and is making shit up, but so many people have so much invested in the idea that women don't lie that they are willing to believe everything she says, even when it ruins lives.

I don't think she does it out of malice. I think she's honestly mentally unstable. It's like those paranoid homeless dudes outside subway stations that yell at light poles and mutter about how Nixon raped them at a Taco Bell bathroom in Paris. Could you imagine how many problems would come about if we gave those people a home, dressed them up, gave them millionaire parents, and trusted them implicitly? Could you imagine how many witch hunts they'd cause?

I think most of the SJW types, and 3rd wave feminists/perpetually offended folk are mentally ill in a variety of fashions.

That Gerry Cardinal III guy who comments about how excited he is for Wu's game in the twitter feed seems like a douche-bag.

Article about the larger culture war, though not GamerGate in particular:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/01/not-a-very-pc-thing-to-say.html

Part of me thinks that GamerGate is partially responsible for this discussion becoming more common and mainstream. Though I could see it being the other way around; that the perpetually offended have become so annoying that everyone, gamers included, has had enough. Either way, I'm glad it's happening.

I think it's just the radical left constantly whining and taking things too far that has people writing these kinds of articles. I was reading articles about the radical left lunacy well before gamer-gate.

I personally don't know anybody who has heard of gamer gate and many of them play video games, but they have made comments about how insane feminists have gotten or how silly the hysteria over non-issues has become through hearing mainstream media stories.

I really enjoyed that article you posted.

But political correctness is not a rigorous commitment to social equality so much as a system of left-wing ideological repression. Not only is it not a form of liberalism; it is antithetical to liberalism. Indeed, its most frequent victims turn out to be liberals themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kiran ♥️
Pretty sure I made it
B8Y1jKGIUAAnE-i.jpg
B8Y1jQhIMAAUBV3.jpg

The Wiki drama is getting interesting. I thought they'd just let the AGGros continue to run rampant and force lies into the GamerGate Wiki article, so I paid no mind to the arbitration ruling. Basically, the GG Wiki article could be summed up like this:
B6BoE-iCMAA5MOt.jpg

Well, if these results stand, the two editors most responsible for the terrible GG Wiki article might be getting banned (along with a few other AGGro and GG editors). Not only that, but Ryulong might even be getting site banned. He has already ragequit, leaving the same message that NBSB left when he also ragequit.
A project which punishes editors for defending the good names and reputations of living people from vicious Internet trolls does not deserve to survive.
And he keeps on digging the hole deeper. He seems very narcissistic. Anyway, this behavior just goes to show how heavily invested they were in crafting the narrative of GG. They weren't even close to being neutral. Hell Ryulong posted on GamerGhazi and IIRC, they even helped him raise money for a trip.

Here's Ryulong's final message to KIA. Saltier than Lot's wife. And the hits keep on coming.

Here's some exclusive footage of Ryulong leaving. Skip to 1:06.

Edit - looks like the arbitration is over.

A journalist who has truly experienced hardships, some caused by the most powerful nation on earth, makes a Twitter post that seems eerily relevant.

Is #GamerGate actually a class conflict, being paraded as a gender conflict? Honestly, you could ask the same question in a much broader term for every field that SJWs/intersectional feminists have battled.

Back