GamerGate News & Discussion v5: Inhaling Toxic Masculinity Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

in the

Steel Belt
Reaction score
Previous GamerGate discussion.

GamerGate is a consumer movement by gamers. Those in favor of GamerGate (pro-GG) want better ethical practices and less agenda pushing by gaming media. Those opposed to GamerGate (anti-GG, or AGGros) believe GamerGate is a movement of immature men, threatened by growing diversity in the video game industry.

GamerGate info:
Background of GamerGate - KYM

Timeline of GamerGate events

Pro-GamerGate resources:
Kotaku in Action - best place to find news concerning GamerGate

Anti-GamerGate resources:
GamerGhazi

Concerning the Law & Order episode about GamerGate:

tlDQOoQ.png

LOL. There's a ~0% chance the writers will paint AGGros badly with this episode, though it would be funny. Yet despite that, here she is, frontrunning the writers, threatening them if they dare paint her as something other than a victim.

They end up eating their own.

Wil Wheaton dismisses harassment claims as fake (for the pro-GG supporters only, obvs) #FullWheaton. The apology was worse than what drove that apology. What a disingenuous dickhole.

Dumbass Kotaku writer pens a terrible article. Proceeds to get his ass handed to him in the comments section. Stop harassing me with your logic!

Pro-GG sarcasm:
i-rsZ2sXC-1050x10000.jpg

B8nIw7OCIAARgjV.jpg

B8nPSdmCQAA8b6I.jpg

New Hatred trailer:

Calling for pro-GG supporters to be doxxed and have their jobs threatened (5:38):

Funny thing is, I'm not a huge Thunderf00t supporter. But I'm also not an irrational douchebag wanting to punish him simply because we disagree on some issues.

I kind of feel sad for these people. They're so desperate to be seen as heroic and fighting for the oppressed that they're tilting at windmills, and in doing so they're turning innocent people they don't even know into card carrying, mustache twirling villains in order to justify their delusions.

2 whole threads down. Not bad for something that's been 'dead' for months now.

It's incredible how long the GG thread has been going on for.

subcultures like this are funny as fuck

While I'm here, this picture had me "dying" of laughter.

1422665072284.jpg

I cant believe people are getting bent out of shape about this game. The game is trying so hard to be grimdark it just comes off as silly.

It will be a hit for young teens that are bullied at school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back