GamerGate News & Discussion v5: Inhaling Toxic Masculinity Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheong's apology strikes me as shockingly genuine. I see no problem giving the dude a chance.

No one is beyond redemption, IMO.

no no no no, Ian Miles Cheong's apology is a fucking wash. This guy's history is littered with flip-flop and bullshit. A broken clock maybe right twice a day, but it is still a broken clock. If it took his SJWs crowd to abandoned him for him to "see the lights" then lol, i have nothing else to say.

Remember Devi Ever? Yeah, that went fucking well, didn't it?

no no no no, Ian Miles Cheong's apology is a fucking wash. This guy's history is littered with flip-flop and bullshit. A broken clock maybe right twice a day, but it is still a broken clock. If it took his SJWs crowd to abandoned him for him to "see the lights" then lol, i have nothing else to say.

Remember Devi Ever? Yeah, that went fucking well, didn't it?

Did Ever apologize? I just remember her getting pissed at Brianna. I haven't kept up with the drama. Did the SJW crowd abandon him before or after the apology? I'm under the impression it was after.

From what I read, IMC is walking back some of what he wrote because the SJWs are going apeshit at him. Which is fine. He needs to see them for what they really are - an intolerant group that demands absolute conformity.

Just my personal opinion - I say forgive IMC but don't forget his history. He went from neo-Nazi, to full blown SJW, to almost reasonable now. Accept his apology but do so with a skeptical eye. His actions will prove how much he meant and how much were just platitudes. But I really have no say in the matter.

It was early in the saga, but Devi was the first to "defected" so to speak. She caused a bunch of drama and "quit" GG, going back to the "other side". IMC was getting heat from his SJW crowd after something happened a few weeks ago. Another blockbot, it seemed. And he had been in this boat for a long time, as in "i'm friend with Zoe and tested her game" kind of long, not just a bandwagoner" So him turning around and begging for mercy is really just "no really, i am repented" act ala Devi Ever. I will laugh my ass off when IMC show his true colors. The rest seemed to be meh with him, but some idiots are selling the "he's repented!" line.

I'm going to watch Ian's apology soon. I think people have every right to be skeptical of yet another turn in his story, but I hope GG doesn't throw him to the wolves. You guys should welcome him with open arms while keeping an eye on skepticism. Anti-GG is eventually going to shred itself apart and further marginalize current allies. That's what radical movements do. Also keep in mind that there are plenty of people like him in Anti-GG, people who might genuinely believe in their social issues, but are simply part of AGGros because they view you guys as a hate movement. That narrative will eventually run out of steam with those able to think independently. Scolding IMC might lead some of them teetering on leaving AGG to keep pressing forward.

I actually thought his rebuttal of Anita's "positive women in gaming" video was on point, even if he did act like a complete retard at times. The points he made were valid and topical. Compare that to Thunderf00t's latest video posted above, which seems petty.

I remember after posting The Amazing Atheist's rebuttal to Anita video, you and someone else wrote that you find him annoying. I had never really watched any of his videos until the one I posted.

I got into GG because of Internetaristocrat. Well, he has a new channel, and one of his latest topics was about Nick Bate.

I had never heard of the guy, so I went to ED to see if they had a page for him. And they did. Dude is a pedo, for sure. But at some point while reading the page, I remember seeing something like Nick Bates is a part of the pedophile series, and included in the potential pedophile category was The Amazing Atheist. I was like... wtf? I had to check it out.

So I read his page, and... damn. It had a bunch of stuff about TAA I never knew. How he said he'd never worked a day in his life (and pushed out an atheist narrative to rely on donations to keep his scheme going, which to me sounds like a televangelist), how he made these bizarre videos including one where he rubbed hot chocolate on his ass and shoved a banana up his asshole (also had screencaps for evidence), and one of him pouring hot oil on his tiny **** and dipping his balls into the pan. I admit it, curiosity got the better of me and I had to see if that was true. And it was true. And it was way funnier than I expected. I don't know why. Part of the reason is because Chyna has a bigger clit than TAA's dick.

Anyway, his page also showed that TAA believed in thin privilege. That sounds pretty hypocritical to me, considering his public stance of hating everything SJW. After reading the page, I came away convinced he's just the opposite side of Anita and McIntosh - sure, he might believe some of what he says, but he has his own niche group of followers so he's not going to publicly deviate too much from where his bread is buttered. He's pigeonholed himself into a particular category, and he's basically preaching to the masses who want to believe him. He has every financial incentive to do so. So it's somewhat about what he truly feels, but the bottom line is how much money and fame he gets off of expressing particular viewpoints.

I had never really watched any of his videos until the one I posted.

I had watched The Amazing Athiest well before the Anita videos and even when I was big into the Atheist movement I couldn't stand him. He was particularly obnoxious and childish when he did online debates with others. Maybe he has toned it down a bit, but I just can't bring myself to watch him.

It was early in the saga, but Devi was the first to "defected" so to speak. She caused a bunch of drama and "quit" GG, going back to the "other side". IMC was getting heat from his SJW crowd after something happened a few weeks ago. Another blockbot, it seemed. And he had been in this boat for a long time, as in "i'm friend with Zoe and tested her game" kind of long, not just a bandwagoner" So him turning around and begging for mercy is really just "no really, i am repented" act ala Devi Ever. I will laugh my ass off when IMC show his true colors. The rest seemed to be meh with him, but some idiots are selling the "he's repented!" line.
I liked his apology, but time will tell if he's sincere. I hope the backlash he has faced shows him how intolerant the AGGro side really is.

I remember Devi being a mod over at KIA and left because she said it really was nothing more than hating the social justice movement. Not the most stable of people.
I had watched The Amazing Athiest well before the Anita videos and even when I was big into the Atheist movement I couldn't stand him. He was particularly obnoxious and childish when he did online debates with others. Maybe he has toned it down a bit, but I just can't bring myself to watch him.

His video of Anita was a good takedown, but holy hell, I can't look at him the same now that I've seen him pour hot oil on his baby dick and stick a banana up his ass.

I liked his apology, but time will tell if he's sincere. I hope the backlash he has faced shows him how intolerant the AGGro side really is.

I remember Devi being a mod over at KIA and left because she said it really was nothing more than hating the social justice movement. Not the most stable of people.

His video of Anita was a good takedown, but holy hell, I can't look at him the same now that I've seen him pour hot oil on his baby dick and stick a banana up his ass.

you probably mistook Devi for someone else. A mod in KIA off herself (probably the same one we are talking about really) after it revealed that she abused her mod privilege, tagging "verify" on stuffs that was unverified in an effort to "make people learn to verify". This is after she tried to kill herself and shit before.

It doesn't really take long for these people to show their true face.

you probably mistook Devi for someone else. A mod in KIA off herself (probably the same one we are talking about really) after it revealed that she abused her mod privilege, tagging "verify" on stuffs that was unverified in an effort to "make people learn to verify". This is after she tried to kill herself and shit before.

It doesn't really take long for these people to show their true face.

I haven't kept up with KIA since I walked away. Did a KIA mod really off herself? From what I remember, there was one named Meow(something) who, from best I could tell, was transgendered, and she tried to commit suicide awhile back. I haven't heard anything since.

lol, Googled Devi Ever and apparently she's going by a new name. And taking shots at Notch. Yeah, that'll help.
devi.png

Devi was once a part of GG. Then she turned. I thought I remembered reading she modded KIA at one point in time, but I could be misremembering that. She might have switched over to AGGro and modded Ghazi. IMC was once a part of AGGro, then he kinda turned. I wondered if something precipitated this from the other side, or whether it was genuine. If I was still part of GG I would send him a nice message, hope for the best, but keep a skeptical eye on him to see if this was genuine or if there's some sort of covert reason for the change in direction.

Yeah, it was Meow.
The details that people is missing that IMC is a close friend of Zoe. People overlooked that fact.

I got into GG because of Internetaristocrat. Well, he has a new channel, and one of his latest topics was about Nick Bate.

I had never heard of the guy, so I went to ED to see if they had a page for him. And they did. Dude is a pedo, for sure. But at some point while reading the page, I remember seeing something like Nick Bates is a part of the pedophile series, and included in the potential pedophile category was The Amazing Atheist. I was like... wtf? I had to check it out.

I wish I never watched this. Soon after I watched IA's dentist video. Two very different extremes of evil, disgusting people.

IMC is no big deal. He was an idiot when he disagreed with us and now he's still an idiot even though he agrees. There are plenty of pro-GG peeps that are morons and he's the newest addition. There's nothing to "forgive" since, afaik, he never did anything to hurt anyone. People dont need forgiveness for disagreeing. He's just a guy that changed his mind. Good for him.

https://archive.is/RF42Q

Swedish owner of GamersGate.com sells his website after death threats from people who think it's a pro GamerGate website.

Way to go Social Justice Warriors.

Typically the article finds a way to blame GamerGate :-/.

I wish I never watched this. Soon after I watched IA's dentist video. Two very different extremes of evil, disgusting people.

Me too. It just makes me sad that any of that type of thing exists.

Has anyone seen or heard about this movie? My wife noticed it while skimming through the PS4 movie selection.

*Trigger Warning* There is a lot of hair-dye and bad hairstyles in the following preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back