Games/exercises for introductions/teambuilding?

Codenames

In Codenames, two teams compete to see who can make contact with all of their agents first. Spymasters give one-word clues that can point to multiple words on the board. Their teammates try to guess words of the right color while avoiding those that belong to the opposing team. And everyone wants to avoid the assassin.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/178900/codenames

133767657.jpeg

Codenames

In Codenames, two teams compete to see who can make contact with all of their agents first. Spymasters give one-word clues that can point to multiple words on the board. Their teammates try to guess words of the right color while avoiding those that belong to the opposing team. And everyone wants to avoid the assassin.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/178900/codenames

133767657.jpeg

That seems like a good game. Easy and short. But too bad you have to buy the game..

What about having them interview each other rather thoroughly and then presenting the information to the group with the help of the person they interviewed. To have them socialize a bit more the person they interview can not be the person who interviews them.

You could do the same with a five year plan; as people usually like talking about their dreams.

Team building is stupid. Competition breeds efficiency. Just put a knife in the middle of the room and say, "$1 million to the one who makes it out alive." Then walk out and lock the door.

Team building is stupid. Competition breeds efficiency. Just put a knife in the middle of the room and say, "$1 million to the one who makes it out alive." Then walk out and lock the door.

I thought that is an brilliant idea, until I realised there won't be a team anymore and just one bloody psychopath left in the room

Someone's looking for desperate, poor, immigrant pussy.

What about having them interview each other rather thoroughly and then presenting the information to the group with the help of the person they interviewed. To have them socialize a bit more the person they interview can not be the person who interviews them.

You could do the same with a five year plan; as people usually like talking about their dreams.

Fuck that's actually a really good idea. I'm going to prepare questions and have them ask each other to get them to talk more.

I just came back observing a class and seems their level of English is way lower than I expected. I don't think they can discuss social issues..

Someone's looking for desperate, poor, immigrant pussy.

lol I live in a country where English is not the first language. Most of the students are working professionals so they probably have more money than me.

trustfalls are GOAT. Have them do them and they will be millionaires within six months.

I would reserve sexercising till well after introductions. Probably past team building too.

How many are in a class?
You could do a "Find somebody who..." activity.
Make a list of like 20 questions and they have to go around the class and find somebody that has the answer to their question
"Find somebody that has 2 brothers/Somebody that was born in______/Somebody that likes anal, etc"

The floor is lava, but blindfolded. Team mates have to guide another using verbal instructions from an area to the other, only the floor is lava

Fuck that's actually a really good idea. I'm going to prepare questions and have them ask each other to get them to talk more.

I just came back observing a class and seems their level of English is way lower than I expected. I don't think they can discuss social issues..

I've read about that very phenomena in Japan. Apparently it's fairly common for college and adult English students to take English classes for much of their school careers yet never actually achieve a basic level of fluency. They attributed it to a casual attitude towards the study of English as many of these same students were exceptionally talented elsewhere.

I have a somewhat tainted view of foreigners teaching English in East Asia; but I can see it being very frustrating for someone traveling halfway across the globe to teach and being met with very little interest from their students.

I've read about that very phenomena in Japan. Apparently it's fairly common for college and adult English students to take English classes for much of their school careers yet never actually achieve a basic level of fluency. They attributed it to a casual attitude towards the study of English as many of these same students were exceptionally talented elsewhere.

I have a somewhat tainted view of foreigners teaching English in East Asia; but I can see it being very frustrating for someone traveling halfway across the globe to teach and being met with very little interest from their students.
Plus all those English teachers are pedo’s. Remember that guy who said he killed Jon-Benet Ramsey?

Back