Games for a 4 yr old?

RDUBYA

an oldie but a goodie
@Black
Reaction score
Me and my oldest son enjoy a lil 2 player action and have played the following

Minecraft (duh obvs)
Disney Infinity (can see this costing me a small fortune in figures/playsets)
Lego Batman (too many puzzles and not enough fighting for him)
Golden Axe (retro as fuck and he loved it)
Toy Story
Streets of Rage
Ragdoll Kungfu
Sonic
Goat simulator

any others that are similar that would be age appropriate? sandbox type games?

super_mario_bros.0.png

My kids were playing oblivion(pc) when they were at that age.

I've heard Splatoon is good for all ages. Never played it myself, but it looks like a fun game that you don't really have to know what you're doing, to enjoy it.

What Platform are you on? These are free games on Xbox One and Xbox 360 that are pretty fun and kid friendly. My niece really enjoyed them when she was younger.

I think they're pretty fun too. The games are Doritos Crash Course and Doritos Crash Course 2. It's kind of like a Ninja Warrior style game.

I was surprised how much my son loved the old Sega Genesis games when he was that age, Streets of Rage 2, Golden Axe, Road Rash 3, Sonic games, Ecco Jr., that one game with Roadrunner and Wylie Coyote(Desert Demolition ), can't go wrong with the old stuff, clean, cheap, simple fun for the kiddos with a controller that has 3 buttons.

I was surprised how much my son loved the old Sega Genesis games when he was that age, Streets of Rage 2, Golden Axe, Road Rash 3, Sonic games, Ecco Jr., that one game with Roadrunner and Wylie Coyote(Desert Demolition ), can't go wrong with the old stuff, clean, cheap, simple fun for the kiddos with a controller that has 3 buttons.

I checked out the reviews for the AtGames Sega Genesis console, with 80 games included, but they're not of the quality I would recommend a purchase.

https://www.reddit.com/r/retrogamin...ers_remorse_a_review_of_atgames_sega_genesis/

Yeah I would stay away from Atgames stuff, if anything just emulate, it's easy, you can hook up PS3 controllers to your laptop, hook your laptop up to your TV via HDMI and viola.

Another old Genesis game I forgot to mention was Toejam and Earl, my god me and my son had so much fun playing that together back when he was 4.

Final fight, tmnt arcade version, Mario bros, and NBA jam.

Minecraft (duh obvs)
Toy Story
Streets of Rage
Ragdoll Kungfu
Sonic
Goat simulator

Pokemon

What Platform are you on? These are free games on Xbox One and Xbox 360 that are pretty fun and kid friendly. My niece really enjoyed them when she was younger.

I think they're pretty fun too. The games are Doritos Crash Course and Doritos Crash Course 2. It's kind of like a Ninja Warrior style game.

Those games were shockingly fun as hell, for essentially being an advertisement. I still throw in CC2 on occasion.

Minecraft (duh obvs)
Toy Story
Streets of Rage
Ragdoll Kungfu
Sonic
Goat simulator

Great post. Right now my niece just likes watching cartoons, mostly. I like games that focus on educational content, but even at four, you can already tell that-- like most kids-- she doesn't. She just wants to have fun and do stupid shit. If I'm honest with myself, that's still why I play games, so I guess I'll just roll with the punches.
It's called playing outside.
I'm with the TS. This is a VG forum. Are you taking your own advice?

Besides, the irony is that my niece is always dragging me outside. She likes just walking in the grass and crap. That's fun to her.

Old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle games were super fun beat em ups.
Castlevania for NES (although this is one player, it can be fun playing through a level together and figuring things out)
Castle Crashers
Double Dragon games
Joe and Mac 1&2
Battleblock Theater
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series
Nidhogg is a fun versus game

Minecraft (duh obvs)
Toy Story
Streets of Rage
Ragdoll Kungfu
Sonic
Goat simulator

Lego Marvel's Super Heroes or Lego Avengers come to mind. There are slightly less puzzle elements than Lego Batman and you can run around Manhattan in a sandbox doing objectives after you finish the missions. It is still a little light on the fighting but you can run around destroying cars, streetlamps, fight each other, etc. I got at least 3 months each out of those two games playing coop with a 4 year old.

Back