Games that deserve a comeback/sequel

Syphon Filter

This would be an interesting concept to see... rebooting Syphon Filter, as an action/stealth 'Splinter Cell' game, with today's standards of graphics & gameplay.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. I get that the mmo was a thing but I need another single player rpg

Last edited:
For a little bit more you can buy yourself a Nintendo Switch and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It is the spiritual successor to Xenogear...

Im trying it out right now man but im not in love with the auto attack nonsense

people said it was great but it does not have me glued to the controller like Xenogears did. Im assuming it gets great but so far im not loving it

Xenogears blew my mind from the very start, martial arts, the giant robots, even their take on religion was great

Is it?

They did actually make some true successors, with the "Xenosaga" games. Albeit, they were pretty bad.

oh shit were they really bad? i never had a PS2 so i never played any of those games but was hoping to get the remaster HD trilogy. Heard it was almost confirmed

oh shit were they really bad? i never had a PS2 so i never played any of those games but was hoping to get the remaster HD trilogy. Heard it was almost confirmed

They weren't completely terrible, but they weren't anything special, and the only thing that stuck out was the frequent 30+ minute cut-scenes to a story that wasn't all that great.

In fairness, I'm basing this mostly on the first game in the series. I only dabbled a bit in the sequel. I wasn't even aware there was a third game. So, maybe they got a bit better.

No mention of Homeworld 1 and 2 ???!!!

It is really a shame not more people know about these well made games.

I was following the news about an upcoming Homeworld 3 for years, but I have come to peace with myself and know it will never come. Such a shame.

When I was playing we were around 100 people playing online. We all got to know each other very well, and the flexibility and the strategy was immense in Homeworld 2. 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 against Baps, TFL and all the other small groups was so fun!

71A7-glfulL._SL1000_.jpg

Im trying it out right now man but im not in love with the auto attack nonsense

people said it was great but it does not have me glued to the controller like Xenogears did. Im assuming it gets great but so far im not loving it

Xenogears blew my mind from the very start, martial arts, the giant robots, even their take on religion was great

I read (nintendo thread) that it gets better later on but who knows if u will like it more then. Hope u do...

No mention of Homeworld 1 and 2 ???!!!

It is really a shame not more people know about these well made games.

I was following the news about an upcoming Homeworld 3 for years, but I have come to peace with myself and know it will never come. Such a shame.

When I was playing we were around 100 people playing online. We all got to know each other very well, and the flexibility and the strategy was immense in Homeworld 2. 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 against Baps, TFL and all the other small groups was so fun!

71A7-glfulL._SL1000_.jpg

Forgot about this!!!

As a matter of fact I never played Homeworld 2. But I loved Homeworld 1. Bought H2 a few years ago and never installed it. Got busy. I have a new computer now but no drive (lol). Gonna have to get an external to install it hahaha.

Yeah Homeworld 3 would be nice .

Forgot about this!!!

As a matter of fact I never played Homeworld 2. But I loved Homeworld 1. Bought H2 a few years ago and never installed it. Got busy. I have a new computer now but no drive (lol). Gonna have to get an external to install it hahaha.

Yeah Homeworld 3 would be nice .

Who use CD/DVD drive these days anyway? (just joking)

Homeworld remasterd(1+2) you can find at GOG(good old games) and the file is there to grab at many places. Just install and play.(it´s DRM free) The graphics are as they should more crisp and with more details. A must have if you are a fan of this game.

And I suspect you already know about Homeworld Deserts of Kharak? It is a prequel to Homeworld 1. Not in space though. It´s a good game with very good graphics, but I prefer the space campaigns to the desert ones. But I´ll take what ever that comes at me that is some how related to the Homeworld epic. A very tiny comfort game in the never ending waiting for the number 3....

I would love a new No One Lives Forever.

Back